• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Age limit?

Should there be age requirments for Serebii?

• Yes

Votes: 17 34.0%
  • No

Votes: 33 66.0%

• Total voters
Low blow dude.

I don't think we need an age limit. Pokemon is rated E.

I'm going to expose you to a bit of culture here, I'm sorry if you're offended by me showing you America doesn't run everything.
The ESRB ratings are for the United States of Failure.
Other countries use other Rating systems.
E is just part of the USF's rating system. It does not apply to the rest of the world. Yes, there is more to the world than just America. Crazy, right?

I agree to the intelligence test idea. Especially when it comes to the correct way to use words.
I see so many people misuse "your" and "you're" around here it makes me want to cry.

Cipher

Nothing to be done
spelling / grammar test: stupid idea - the content of some posts on this forum is amongst the most immature i've ever seen - i cringe reading some of the "Grammatically correct" drivel here - anyone can string a brain dead response with no content of any value but with all the commas and semi colons in the right place
In the time it takes you to check all your commas, however, you have that beautiful fleeting moment to think, "Is this post going to make me look like an *ss?"

And if the answer is, "yes," you mercifully have the time to change it. For example, you might have felt obliged to include at least one capitalized sentence in your post, siburke939. Then I wouldn't have had to read the entire thing mentally hearing the voice of a screaming second-grader. That would've been a win for both of us because - whoo, boy, let me tell you - this is one annoying second-grader.

As for all the "grammar Nazis are elitist" arguments, I say "boo-hoo." Internet forums operate entirely through written communication. If you aren't capable of holding yourself to the standard conventions of that written language, then you aren't in the right place.

basic intelligence tests: yes - anyone with an iq under 100 should not be allowed to post anywhere on the internet
I honestly can't tell if you're joking or not, but it's "IQ" with two capital letters - we'll cover those after nap-time - and IQ is no no way a valid form of assessing intellect. Now please, stop yelling at me and at least try to color in the lines.

Last edited:

BUG

insert joke so dated I don't even remember it
I'm going to expose you to a bit of culture here, I'm sorry if you're offended by me showing you America doesn't run everything.
E is just part of the USF's rating system. It does not apply to the rest of the world. Yes, there is more to the world than just America. Crazy, right?

And America isn't honestly such a bad place. Crazy right?

GrizzlyB

Confused and Dazed
Armorandonomon said:

If the US is a fail country, I'd like to know what sort of standard you're holding the rest of the world to.

Cipher said:
In the time it takes you to check all your commas, however, you have that beautiful fleeting moment to think, "Is this post going to make me look like an *ss?"

And if the answer is, "yes," you mercifully have the time to change it. For example, you might have felt obliged to include at least one capitalized sentence in your post, siburke939. Then I wouldn't have had to read the entire thing mentally hearing the voice of a screaming second-grader. That would've been a win for both of us because - whoo, boy, let me tell you - this is one annoying second-grader.

As for all the "grammar Nazis are elist" arguments, I say "boo-hoo." Internet forums operate entirely through written communication. If you aren't capable of holding yourself to the standard conventions of that written language, then you aren't in the right place.

I honestly can't tell if you're joking or not, but it's "IQ" with two capital letters - we'll cover those after nap-time - and IQ is no no way a valid form of assessing intellect. Now please, stop yelling at me and at least try to color in the lines.

I'm GrizzlyB and I approve this post.

siburke939

<------ my 1st shiny

As for all the "grammar Nazis are elitist" arguments, I say "boo-hoo." Internet forums operate entirely through written communication. If you aren't capable of holding yourself to the standard conventions of that written language, then you aren't in the right place.

let me guess - no no was a typo?

everyone knows iq is spelt with capital letters - my point was to get someone as easy to bait as you to correct it - my whole point being that you've posted a pathetic selection of loosely veiled insults for the sake of what? highlighting your immaturity? demonstrating the lack of content in posts here? Thank you. (<--- useing gud grammer 4 u xxx)