• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Age of Pokemon Players

carboncopy

(-) (-) (-) (-)
I would like to know how many people in my age group or people older than me play pokemon. So, just post your age below if ur a pokemon addict.

BTW, im 17 and for how long do you thing that I can continue playing, until im too old or something. I never want to stop playing it.

I would like to know how many people in my age group or people older than me play pokemon. So, just post your age below if ur a pokemon addict.

BTW, im 17 and for how long do you thing that I can continue playing, until im too old or something. I never want to stop playing it.

I'm only 23 but I know people on this forum in their 40s who still play. There is no age limit for what you love.

Masterge77

Floatzel rules!
I'm 18 years old, and I've been playing Pokemon since I was 8, that's 10 years I've been a Pokemon fan, and probably will be for years to come.

Sea Swampert

being piratey
25 and still going strong. If it's something you enjoy then you'll probably keep playing for ages.

Ana_Julía

The Girl You Want!
I'm 17, and I'm playing Pokemon since i was 11. My friend (now my Boyfriend) influenced me a bit xD

I don't think you should care with that (age), really.
People should be able to do whatever they fell it good for them, as long it doesn't disrespect other people or it's bad for the society in general, and i DOUBT that playing Pokemon when you're oldie is "a horrible thing"
You know, it's just a hobbie ^^

Last edited:

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
I'm an unwilling 20 year old :p and never for a second I thought of giving up on playing pokemon :D

Nephilim

Muffin Button Master
I'm 20 and I'm playing my Soul Silver pretty heavy. I'll be playing with my children and grandchildren when they're old enough to play as well. It's been a pretty significant part of my childhood and I'm going to keep it going at least long enough to enjoy it with my kids as well, if not longer. Better for them to get into Pokemon than anything else if you ask me.

Ditto B1tch

I started to like Pokemon since the anime passed in TV, when I was about 10 years old. I play Pokemon since my 12 years world, but no rpg game, just stadium 1 and stadium 2. The first time I played a version game was Gold, and I was 14 or 15 years old. I'm addicted to Pokemon ever since.

W.T.

Donw with CIPHET!
I'm a proud 18-year-old Pokémon buff. That said, I'm not content with the current state of things.

While it's true that you don't have to give up things you like because of your age, you can give them up, and many people will. And needless to say, I'm not too happy about that.

What do these post-Pokémon people do? How do they stand to just completely let go of a dream that has been with them throughout their entire childhood, never to speak of it again (ever) and in most cases abandoning it for games involving death, violence and other much more immoral pursuits?

It makes no sense.

How can I -- and my old friends -- be part of the target audience again? There has to be a way.

Last edited:

auteur

Fossil freak
24 y.o. here and I doubt I'll ever stop playing definitively. I'm sure I'll be playing Pokémon on and off like I've been doing for the last 12+ years, some years more than others depending on my fluctuating interest and free time.

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
21 here, been playing since the very beginning when I was 8.

Don't even think about a scenario when I don't play it, but not in a defiant 'I'll play it forever!' kinda way. If it happens it happens. All I know is right now I still play it.

OrcaCity

Expert Killer Whale
I'm 17 and I've been playing since I was in 1st grade. I still love it just as much as before!

Dylz

Trainer since 1997
I´m a 19 year old that played pokémon for over 14 years now. My mom actually taught me how.

Pokeminem

Gary Oak Fan
I'm 16 and have been playing since I was 10 an plan to never stop, heck I'll still be playing in the nursing home if they let me

AphoticVoid

Pokémon Trainer
I'm 19 and the first time I played Pokémon was in the 7th grade. Then I stopped when I went to high school. In the summer of my first year in college, I saw Pokémon (Advanced) was on TV, and I got hooked once again, with both the television series and the games.

stylesbk

@stylesbk
I'm 28 and besides a little 3-4 year break have been playing since R/B I think as long as you still enjoy the games then play forever.