• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Age of Shoguns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ilane

The amount of negligence here is astounding.
Surely someone can post a competitive Pokemon set on a competitive Pokemon thread, especially as it's been requested.
Maybe I'm just crazy.

I don't battle, I RNG Competitive pokemon for others.

Plus sand veil has been banned from everything except Ubers/LC...so water absorb is his DW ability and considering he is resistant to water...there is very little point to using this ability cause there is no high rate of return.
If I had a choice...I'd run HO sets because I don't have the patience for stall teams.

Cacturne only has a 55 base spd, but 115 atk and sp. atk...and 60 def/sp. def with 70 HP.
Payback and Sucker Punch would be good moves for him...I think.

Honesty I don't know what I would do with him...Smogon or Serebii POTW are usually my go to when I get stuck.

He can run a support/swords dance/nasty plot set. Take your pick :).

Again I'm not a battler...Sorry

Last edited:

Epouvantail

the taste
I don't battle, I RNG Competitive pokemon for others.

Plus sand veil has been banned from everything except Ubers/LC...so water absorb is his DW ability and considering he is resistant to water...there is very little point to using this ability cause there is no high rate of return.
If I had a choice...I'd run HO sets because I don't have the patience for stall teams.

Cacturne only has a 55 base spd, but 115 atk and sp. atk...and 60 def/sp. def with 70 HP.
Payback and Sucker Punch would be good moves for him...I think.

Honesty I don't know what I would do with him...Smogon or Serebii POTW are usually my go to when I get stuck.

He can run a support/swords dance/nasty plot set. Take your pick :).

Again I'm not a battler...Sorry

Thank you.
I've used support myself, which has aided the team it was on greatly.
His movepool is a tad limited in terms of offense. I've never liked the idea of his best Dark STAB being Sucker Punch. I don't particularly like that on any Pokemon. Yes, Absol, I'm looking at you.

Thank you again for not being negligent like the rest of the posters here.
You are the best.

Ilane

Thank you.
His movepool is a tad limited in terms of offense. I've never liked the idea of his best Dark STAB being Sucker Punch. I don't particularly like that on any Pokemon. Yes, Absol, I'm looking at you.

You are the best.
I personally like the Nasty Plot set because OMG dark pulse! (Especially on a Lucario...)

Absol I prefer to have him use night slash with super luck <3 because the RNG goddess hates me that much!

Given Cacturne's speed...payback has a 100 base power if he goes second. Sucker Punch is only good for priority but you lose a turn essentially if your opponent is setting up >_>. Hello Choice Users...prepare to be Sucka Punched.

Edit: Two words...TRICK ROOM could help with the spd problem as well.

Ilane

Trick Room Cacturne:

332.gif

Cacturne (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Giga Drain

If it's trick room...wouldn't a speed lowering nature be better?

Epouvantail

the taste
I personally like the Nasty Plot set because OMG dark pulse! (Especially on a Lucario...)

Absol I prefer to have him use night slash with super luck <3 because the RNG goddess hates me that much!

Given Cacturne's speed...payback has a 100 base power if he goes second. Sucker Punch is only good for priority but you lose a turn essentially if your opponent is setting up >_>. Hello Choice Users...prepare to be Sucka Punched.

Edit: Two words...TRICK ROOM could help with the spd problem as well.

Cacturne can't afford to take hits, so Payback is a no-go.
Which is another thing about Cacturne, he really appreciates subs. A Cacturne behind a sub can do a lot, such as set up spikes. Well, that's about it, aside from, well, attack.

AyumeiKitsune

~Legacy of Sir Aron~
Thank you.

You are the best.

I was not being negligent..... I just dont use many grass type pokemon... nor I'm I a hardcore competative battler... I just got my wifi 2 or 3 months ago so I have not had the chance to become one. I cant just become one overnight XD! I have college and personal things going on in my life. I did not respond cause Im doing college computer class atm.

Ilane

Cacturne can't afford to take hits, so Payback is a no-go.
Which is another thing about Cacturne, he really appreciates subs. A Cacturne behind a sub can do a lot, such as set up spikes. Well, that's about it, aside from, well, attack.

Subseed Set with Leech Seed and Substitute?

But won't his subs break like uber easily given his...not so great paper defenses?

HP Fire
Leech Seed
Substitute
??? I don't know

It would benefit from a speed lowering attack, but my Cacturne is modest because he's a gentleman :)

And Epou isn't the one you should take seriously when he's insulting someone :)
...Ex I thank you for that gentlement comment. It made me laugh.

Oh really? I originally responded because scary yelling members are not a good thing. I originally saw the post then went psh I'm not a battler, but a second post about the same thing it was like ok...I'll take a shot in the dark and see what happens.

Last edited:

Ilane

...Gengar has paper defenses too though fighting types would go right through him.

Trick room use the spiritbomb thing...right?

Epouvantail

the taste
Subseed Set with Leech Seed and Substitute?

But won't his subs break like uber easily given his...not so great paper defenses?

HP Fire
Leech Seed
Substitute
??? I don't know

...Ex I thank you for that gentlement comment. It made me laugh.

Oh really? I originally responded because scary yelling members are not a good thing. I originally saw the post then went psh I'm not a battler, but a second post about the same thing it was like ok...I'll take a shot in the dark and see what happens.

I ran a Physical set using Sub, Seed Bomb (IIRC!), Sucker Punch, and Spikes.
I might've used Water Absorb, since if you switch into a choice'd poke using water, you get a free sub.

I should be taken seriously. My criticism is almost always valid, and if I see a flaw in your character, you should take immediate action to fix it.

I love you all and only want for you all to improve as people.
Yes.

[ACE] Zero

Just Sayin..
Well since I can't stay Rogue forever I shall join Kazan Shogunate

TrainerChris

Bad at Pokemon
I'll post the most used Cacturne set.

332.gif

Cacturne (M) @ Lifeorb
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -Sp.Atk)
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Drain Punch/Some powerful grass attack

Extroph

Gaijin Shogun
I ran a Physical set using Sub, Seed Bomb (IIRC!), Sucker Punch, and Spikes.
I might've used Water Absorb, since if you switch into a choice'd poke using water, you get a free sub.

I should be taken seriously. My criticism is almost always valid, and if I see a flaw in your character, you should take immediate action to fix it.

I love you all and only want for you all to improve as people.
Yes.

Nicest thing you've said all week :') <3

Also, usual Chris, posting most used unoriginal top notch Tauros crap c:

Epouvantail

the taste
I'll post the most used Cacturne set.

332.gif

Cacturne (M) @ Lifeorb
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -Sp.Atk)
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Drain Punch/Some powerful grass attack

Thank you, o wonderful leader.

Keep in mind that Cacturne is NU, so NU partners would be ideal.

Status
Not open for further replies.