• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Age of Shoguns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epouvantail

the taste
Shred the guitar
rock that power metal bro

beshort123

<----Uber
alive

I never watch the anime unless I'm sick.... And a new topic starter:

List a Pokemon and its set that would survive in the OU metagame, or even work well in it, but is in lower tiers.

Milotic
Bold w/ 252 hp 252 def@lefties
Scald
Ice Beam
Haze/Dtail/w.e
Recover
*Raises hand in the back of the room slowly* I swear I only do it for Charizard and Cynthia. :$

charizard is back?

TrainerChris

Bad at Pokemon
I stopped watching the anime around like the second season of Diamond and Pearl. I remember being really excited about Diamond and Pearl but it just got so damn repetitive so I got bored quickly. But the new Black and White episodes look interesting so might skip to that.

RefreezePR

Just trying to help
@ Behshort: He is in the Japanese epeisodes because they're ahead of us, but yeah he's coming back and he's gonna give Dragonite a tail smacking to show who's the Alpha in the team.

@ Chis: A lot of people have said that regarding the series itself but the Pokémon League in that series was probably one of the best ones yet, except for the part where Tobias shows up like the biggest ******* ever and is all like "Hey guys I can use a team of legendaries right?" I mean they ended it mostly well but that part with Tobias was a HUGE middle finger to the fanbase who hoped to see Ash actually improve and finally win another League. Which is why I've mostly given up on the anime although I'll come back to see Cynthia and Charizard do their thing but to me the anime is mostly dead.

I definitely like the manga more though, Red is such an awesome character and loved him (although Blue made me smile and feel bad about it a lot), I found Diamond and Pearl to be hilarious and inspiring (Manzai might be hard for foreigners to get until you really start to get your head around the idea), I'm loving Black so far and he seems like the only person other than Green who can give Red an actual challenge if he had as much experience as Red, and I don't really know about the others but I'm sure they're not bad considering how good they other ones are. (Sorry if I went on about this a little I really like the manga and I've been getting back into it a lot.)

Oh and to answer Ex's question, I don't really know since I haven't been in the meta long but I've heard that Pikachu with the light ball is good, I'll just copy paste one of the POTW builds below

- Volt Tackle
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Brick Break
- Substitute / Encore / Volt Switch
Item Attached: Light Ball
Ability: Lightningrod
EVs and Nature:
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)

"Specially offensive Pikachu is outclassed by most other electric types as they are generally faster, tougher and hit about as hard while holding Life Orb. Even Pikachu's evolution Raichu is probably better at Nasty Plotting. What Pikachu can do that basically no other electric type can do is strong physical electric moves. Pika's Volt Tackle is so powerful that it has about the same destructive capabilities as Zekrom's Bolt Strike. There is so much power here that few Pokemon will survive a neutral hit from it. Hidden Power Ice covers Dragon, Ground and some Electric types that Volt Tackle can't remove. Brick Break massacres the few things that survive your other attacks. Things like Bastiodon and Probopass. The last slot is sort of up to you. Substitute can reduce Pika's need to predict switch ins and protects against status. Encore is for those who live on the edge, locking your opponent into a setup, recovery or utility move. Volt Switch is cool to wear down your counters while doing acceptable damage off Pikachu's 274 base Special Attack. EVs are maxed in Speed and Attack to capitalize on the rat's ability to outrun a good portion of Pokemon and hit them as hard as possible. If you want to run Volt Switch consider running 176 Attack / 80 Special Attack / 252 Speed so Volt Switch has some more power behind it."

I just wanted to put a second one in here as well, while breeding movesets I found out that Poliwrath is RU? What? I don't know about you guys, but MY Poliwrath has tanked 2 outrages at the same level as Alder's Druddigon and lived to Ice Punch it in the face to death. I honestly don't why something that can be so tanky is so low in the meta. (Plus I'm biased slightly because Poliwrath is on my main team)

Last edited:

MooseSmuggler

#DeathToFascists

List a Pokemon and its set that would survive in the OU metagame, or even work well in it, but is in lower tiers.

There ya go (chew) You can do that with nearly anything that has an OU entry.

Edit: also, I used Amoonguss on my poison mono team for the mono tourney, before...yeah.

Last edited:

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector

Metagross
Adamant
252/252 Atk + Def 4 HP
Rocky Helmet
Clear Body
Earthquake
Meteor Mash
Zen Headbutt
Thunder punch

Good typing with lots of resistances to help it survive, let down by it's speed but with the help of trick room or if gets any speed boosts than it can be one terrifying sweeper boasting a counter to many types. Also, It's signature move Meteor Mash is even better when it raises Metagross's attack and if it has the speed boosts as well then be afraid. BE VERY AFRAID.

MooseSmuggler

#DeathToFascists
Isn't Metagross OU?

As for the anime question, no, I stopped watching a long time ago.

Extroph

Gaijin Shogun
Ey guys, one of the mods asked me personally to control you rabblerousers about spam. First off, no more off topic posts, which include, but are not limited to:

-Random posts about metal and shredding
-Random posts in general
-Random posts about sig tests
-Random posts from people that aren't even in the damn guild

If I get another complaint from a mod about a few of our members, or even from outsiders POSTING in the guild, I'll cri cri :(

On Topic: I like using Jynx in OU, because of Dry Skin, and how it outspeeds Lando T =D

Derp~

Haters gonna hate
I'm leaving. I've only posted here a few times and I'm never active, so I might as well leave instead of being one of those annoying people who joins but doesn't post at all. Sorry, I doubt most of you even know me. I think it would be better if I have a fresh start in a different clan. Bye.

RefreezePR

Just trying to help
I'm leaving. I've only posted here a few times and I'm never active, so I might as well leave instead of being one of those annoying people who joins but doesn't post at all. Sorry, I doubt most of you even know me. I think it would be better if I have a fresh start in a different clan. Bye.

You're right, I never really knew you but that doesn't mean I can't feel sad for the loss of a member, active or not, I wish you the best of luck wherever destiny takes you. #cheesey But seriously good luck.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Isn't Metagross OU?

As for the anime question, no, I stopped watching a long time ago.

Yes which is the question being asked. What pokemon is capable of surviving in the OU METAGAME? And Metagross is OU so therefore I answered the question, okay?

Oh and where the 'chomp' smiley go? ;)

MooseSmuggler

#DeathToFascists
He said from the lower tiers, as in Pokemon that aren't OU that can hold their own in it.

Also, when I next get to my laptop, I'll post my Clamperl set.

RefreezePR

Just trying to help

This was the question LordFighting, it has to be from a lower tier, not from OU. Like Poliwrath which is usually RU (Still doesn't make sense) but if you made a set for it so it could be used in OU.

epicninjask123

LoL Lunatic
Guys, I am attempting to do the unprecedented (at least for me) before gen 6 comes out in October. Yeah that's right, I'm trying to get the fifth-level trainer card. So far I have beaten the champion and the champion tournament at PWT, so that's second-level and I'm currently working on my national dex. So far:

Seen: 589
Obtained: 484

I would like to thank Phoenixshadow and Refreeze for helping me get Pokémon I need, as of now I only need 2 more different evolution chains and some legendaries. The chains I can get via GTS but I'll need help with the evolutions. That's why I'm calling on you! *Points finger at you* I need the following legendaries (only for data will trade back):

Mewtwo
Suicine
Lugia
Ho-oh
Kyogre
Groudon
Rayquaza
Tornadus
Thundurus
Landorus

I would appreciate any and all help I can get, and since I practically owe Phoenixshadow some EV training, he might as well speak up!

In other news I recently got a new toy to play with. Yeah that's right. I got a PS Vita. :D It is amazing. So far I only have a few games I bought off the Playstation store but they were well worth it. If more games were to come out for it I would SO recommend it to any and everyone. Because of this, I may not play Pokémon as much. Just saying.

sanae

stop trying to be god ☆

i do the exact same thing. it's okay.

bye n.n

@ninjask - i have all of those (or most). however, all of my ds games are currently missing except mario kart 7, but i'll help you if i ever get them back.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.