• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Age of Shoguns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ilane

Lol, if you ever need help, I'm available for questions :] Though you won't learn from the best, you'll learn something anyway.

I can help, I'm not an expert but I am experienced. You could ask other members too, like Ace, Extroph or Albyness :]

Thanks guys. I'm pretty sure my teams would be rather unconventional anyway...and people would hate them, so I kinda retired from battling competitively. I just battle here and there for fun and to watch my score drop.

Ex I have all of those! I even have a DWF horsea, unfortunately I'm in the mountains right now so I'll pm you when I have my game on me.

I have a complete pokedex as well...I'm just lazy about transferring, am sick again, and have a mountain of RNGs to do.

RefreezePR

Just trying to help
I hope you don't mind about me doing some breeding for the clan Ilane, I kinda wanted the experience :$ But you can the next ones if you like, I just thought Ex's was easy enough for me since he wasn't asking for flawless.

Also I get what you say about battles Ilane, its kinda why I prefer the ingame battles to competitive ones, I don't care if Dragonite is superior to Charizard in everyway, in my heart he'll never be as cool as Charizard.

Last edited:

Ilane

I hope you don't mind about me doing some breeding for the clan Ilane, I kinda wanted the experience :$ But you can the next ones if you like, I just thought Ex's was easy enough for me since he wasn't asking for flawless.

Also I get what you say about battles Ilane, its kinda why I prefer the ingame battles to competitive ones, I don't care if Dragonite is superior to Charizard in everyway, in my heart he'll never be as cool as Charizard.

Lol, you can take all of the breeding requests you like. Doesn't bother me. Normal breeding is rather boring to me. Just saying, I have a complete pokedex, including all of the events like shaymin, manaphy, darkrai (I've RNG'd these, so badass), etc. I won't trade the legendaries for keeps, but I'll loan for dex updates. I just want them back.

yeah...I suck at it, but I should learn, but I'm about to go on holiday for a long time, so it doesn't matter much anyway.

Ilane

I have a RNG request for the solosis or whatever it's called.

For Sanctuary, is flawless solosis even worth anything? Or is trick room IV Spread better? What about Hidden Power?

I can't speak for all of them KFT but the ones I have seen are amazing, very well made and the characters are awesome, so I'm skeptical of the others being bad. If I had to recommend one to watch maybe you should watch the first one with the whole Mewtwo vs Mew, it's still good and with the new one coming out with Mewtwo returning it might be a good idea. Also if you do watch it, expect what is probably the cheesiest ending in the world, the cheese in that movie could top a thousand pizzas but that doens't make it bad, I actually feel like it makes the movie that much better.

Ok thanks, I'll make sure to watch them this summer =D

Just you so far. You guys'll have all day tomorrow, so chop-chop. Also, since no one has submitted an OU team, I'll likely use my SandRoom team for the standard OU team.

Well the thing is, even a full forum has trouble producing a good, fresh and original RMT every week. I suggest you should have one each month since building a good and original team is not done swiftly.

Oh and about Pelipper, I love the project, I really do. But saying that you could build an OU team around Pelipper that actually works may be too much. Don't get me wrong but those pokemon should at least be even remotely useful for OU and well Pelipper... Pelipper's best role in any OU team is probably death fodder. He's slow, he's weak and his defensive stats are not impressive. I might seem to bash your project right now but it would be better for both of us if you could give us a pokemon that has at least a tiny bit of potential.

Alright Ace and Refreeze :]

I'll be subbing in KFT for Ace for all our wars until he's ready again.

Hooray!

Oh and welcome Turbo!

Turpoo

S|utbro
Thanks KFT.

All of this talk of Breeding makes me want to get back into InGame stuff, the last Pokemon game I beat was black... ANd that was in Japanese, I dont understand Japenese.
Well I guess since my DS doesn't work :/. I should pick up a 3DS.

PhoenixShad0w13

Sword Master
Thanks KFT.

All of this talk of Breeding makes me want to get back into InGame stuff, the last Pokemon game I beat was black... ANd that was in Japanese, I dont understand Japenese.
Well I guess since my DS doesn't work :/. I should pick up a 3DS.

Personally, coming from someone who has a DS, and a 3DS, I would recommend sticking with the DS line, unless there is something on the 3DS you want. Playing DS games on the 3DS reminds me of playing Gameboy games on the Gameboy Advance, where the game screen was smaller than the actual screen.

The Pokemon hunt thing (forgot what it's called, friend has 3DS at the moment) is a decent game for get a few DW Pokemon, but outside of the Trio, it is useless, and you have better luck trading with friends

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
XD It actually is, I'm really glad Lucario (Probably spelled that wrong) got his own movie, I only saw part of it a few years ago when I was really bored and there was nothing else on TV but it was awesome. I also liked how he fought all 3 Regis by himself like a Bamf while everyone else wet their pants when they saw one. It added a lot to making the character cool. Only thing that bothered me was that they never really explained what Mew was doing in Hoenn, or maybe that was part of the movie I missed.

I liked the movie to but it is THE ONLY ONE I can not get on DVD for region 2 in English. So frustrating! I have all the others but that one.

RefreezePR

Just trying to help
When are we gonna do the next tournament, its been so long since the last one.

Ilane

Personally, coming from someone who has a DS, and a 3DS, I would recommend sticking with the DS line, unless there is something on the 3DS you want. Playing DS games on the 3DS reminds me of playing Gameboy games on the Gameboy Advance, where the game screen was smaller than the actual screen.

The Pokemon hunt thing (forgot what it's called, friend has 3DS at the moment) is a decent game for get a few DW Pokemon, but outside of the Trio, it is useless, and you have better luck trading with friends

Get a 3DS if you wish to play X&Y. That's the main reason right now to get a 3DS. I already have one and from what I hear RNG is going to be a witch.

On another note...I've hired kots to be my enforcer in my shop. Obey the rules or I will not protect you :).

RefreezePR

Just trying to help
Get a 3DS if you wish to play X&Y. That's the main reason right now to get a 3DS. I already have one and from what I hear RNG is going to be a witch.

On another note...I've hired kots to be my enforcer in my shop. Obey the rules or I will not protect you :).

I saw, you've made a good choice in picking him, also about your Solosis question. I've only seen them in TR teams, but that may just be me noting that whenever one comes onto the field my Gengar is screwed. I don't know about Hidden Power either and based of what I've seen in the game they can be kinda bulky. But that's just in game so I don't really know =/

Ilane

I saw, you've made a good choice in picking him, also about your Solosis question. I've only seen them in TR teams, but that may just be me noting that whenever one comes onto the field my Gengar is screwed. I don't know about Hidden Power either and based of what I've seen in the game they can be kinda bulky. But that's just in game so I don't really know =/

Kots actually volunteered ages ago. I just have too much stress to deal with to be handling idiots on here. I think that is what is making me sick. So I figure if he can't make everyone sit up and listen, then the entire trading section is screwed.

I might just do flawless then...I LOVE RNG-ing competitive pokemon, but I think the flawless shiny collectors will want them.

I should do some more maneletrics, OMG those went so fast it wasn't even three days.

sanae

stop trying to be god ☆
i've pretty much quit pokemon now that i no longer have any games left.

i lost my entire ds case with all the games in it, except mario kart 7.

soo yeah >.> i'm going to rebuy fire emblem, but no pokemon games.

dammit.

RefreezePR

Just trying to help
Hey guys, with the new near flawless Ralts I've received from Ilane (definitely check out her shop for RNGs), I thought it might be time to try out something new. I've never used a support Pokemon in game but I thought it might be a cool idea for Gardevoir since Lucario, Frosslass, and Sceptile who are on my team are already taking the spot as speedy special attackers. So after a bit of research I've decided on something I might do and I'd like your feedback.

Moves:
Light Screen
Reflect
Wish
Psychic

Item: Light Clay (Increases duration of reflect and light screen by 3 turns)

EVs:
252 HP
156 Def
100 SPDef

Of course this is the first time I've ever built a support Pokemon by myself and the 252,252,4 and 252,156,100 spreads are the only spreads I know since I'm still new to battling but I felt that with these EVs Gardevoir could make up for its lackluster defense and its already high base SPAtk with the STAB on Psychic could take care of any battling that needs to be done by it. What do you guys think? (For those of you who want to know the other Pokemon on this team are Lucario, Samurott, Frosslass, Sceptile, and Infernape) Oh and by the way this is an in game team so don't freak out or anything :p

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Hey guys, with the new near flawless Ralts I've received from Ilane (definitely check out her shop for RNGs), I thought it might be time to try out something new. I've never used a support Pokemon in game but I thought it might be a cool idea for Gardevoir since Lucario, Frosslass, and Sceptile who are on my team are already taking the spot as speedy special attackers. So after a bit of research I've decided on something I might do and I'd like your feedback.

Moves:
Light Screen
Reflect
Wish
Psychic

EVs:
252 HP
156 Def
100 SPDef

Of course this is the first time I've ever built a support Pokemon by myself and the 252,252,4 and 252,156,100 spreads are the only spreads I know since I'm still new to battling but I felt that with these EVs Gardevoir could make up for its lackluster defense and its already high base SPAtk with the STAB on Psychic could take care of any battling that needs to be done by it. What do you guys think? (For those of you who want to know the other Pokemon on this team are Lucario, Samurott, Frosslass, Sceptile, and Infernape) Oh and by the way this is an in game team so don't freak out or anything :p

I personally don't think Gardevoir should be used as a screen user but either as a calm mind sweep or as a staller with wish/protect.

My suggestion is:

Gardevoir
Trace
Life Orb
Timid
252/252 Spd + Sp.Atk 4 HP
Shadow Ball
Psychic
Wish
Calm Mind/Protect

Just my view though.

RefreezePR

Just trying to help
Thanks Lord, but the Ralts I have is modest, so I figured to take advantage of the higher Special Attack and build it bulky so it could set up screens and heal. And as I said earlier I already have 4 other members of the team who are speedy and heavy hitters so I thought a support would be a nice change of pace in case my opponent ever has something that can counter them, which is rare, but I like to be varied just in case. Thanks for the advice though, it was really helpful.

Ilane

Moves:
Light Screen
Reflect
Wish
Psychic

EVs:
252 HP
156 Def
100 SPDef

If this is a mono-psychic attack set...beware of dark types.

Extroph

Gaijin Shogun

Moves:
Light Screen
Reflect
Wish
Psychic

EVs:
252 HP
156 Def
100 SPDef

156 is a good number of EV's for 65 Defense stat Gardevoir, which brings it to a 205 at Level 100 without Nature boosts, assuming your Special Defense IV is 31. However, as Ilane states, it isn't really able to protect itself from Dark types, especially those that can set up. A prime example would be Nasty Plot Houndoom. It can take down 4 of your Pokemon if we look at typing. Wish + Reflect/Light Screen can keep it alive, but you'd have to switch out of harm's way just to counter a Dark type. Also, Speed is at a low 196 at Level 100, granted 31 IVs in Speed for calculations' sake. Here are some calculations I ran for you to help you with your set building:

248.png

252+ Atk Choice Band Tyranitar Crunch vs. 252 HP / 156 Def Gardevoir: 506-596 (148.82 - 175.29%) -- guaranteed OHKO
With Reflect: 252+ Atk Choice Band Tyranitar Crunch vs. 252 HP / 156 Def Gardevoir through Reflect: 253-298 (74.41 - 87.64%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
212.png

252 Atk Scizor U-turn vs. 252 HP / 156 Def Gardevoir: 264-312 (77.64 - 91.76%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
With Reflect: 252 Atk Scizor U-turn vs. 252 HP / 156 Def Gardevoir through Reflect: 132-156 (38.82 - 45.88%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
229.png

252 SpA Life Orb Houndoom Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 100 SpD Gardevoir: 244-291 (71.76 - 85.58%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
After one Nasty Plot, and after Light Screen is up: +2 252 SpA Life Orb Houndoom Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 100 SpD Gardevoir through Light Screen: 246-290 (72.35 - 85.29%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Now, after I pointed out some random facts I saw, I'd like to compliment your set. First off, imagine 31 IVs for everything. At level 100, you would have 340 HP, 205 Defense, and 291 SpDef, without any boosts with Nature. You can do a lot of good predictions after the Screens are up, and it will aid you in battle. Also, Gardevoir has 286 SpAtk at Level 100 without any boosts and with 31 IVs, and it can leave a dent on Psychic-weak Pokemon. Also, your set is original, so it wouldn't be expected as much as Scarf Gardevoirs with Trace and Sub CM Gardevoirs.

In conclusion, I think your set is a good support, but it'll have a hard time facing a Dark type face to face, giving you difficulties setting up your screens unless said Dark type is out of the field. A good way to edit around this set, in my opinion, would be to make it full 252 HP 252 Speed. The reason for this is to set up the Screens as fast as possible, and using Wish to recover. Or, you can use Will-o-Wisp in replacement of Wish, to take care of your Defensive weakness for that certain Pokemon. But all in all, I can see this set working, so great job.

Note: I can't seem to find your Ability and your Nature, so I either overlooked it or you didn't place it at all. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.