• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Age of Shoguns

Status
Not open for further replies.

MooseSmuggler

#DeathToFascists
Yh but with TR you are faster ;)

I was gonna say. TR is its own type of speed.

Also, if LR's okay with it, after some testing, Imma make an RMT for our Sandroom team. Our pm correspondence on the matter is yielding results in regards to the team's composition. I'm just gonna need some guinea pigs people willing to help test it once it's done *looks at Ex*

Reporting wins:

Beat Refreeze 6-0, beat Epou 3-0

Last edited:

Extroph

Gaijin Shogun
I was gonna say. TR is its own type of speed.

Also, if LR's okay with it, after some testing, Imma make an RMT for our Sandroom team. Our pm correspondence on the matter is yielding results in regards to the team's composition. I'm just gonna need some guinea pigs people willing to help test it once it's done *looks at Ex*

Reporting wins:

Beat Refreeze 6-0, beat Epou 3-0

Alright, speaking of which, I need to update the spreadhseet ;-;

MooseSmuggler

#DeathToFascists

RefreezePR

Just trying to help
Oh, I guess I should confirm my loss too. Although I'm pretty sure its believeable O_O

Edit:
I've done it! I've actually done it! I beat a random on PO! This is only the first win of many, prepare for the reign of Refreeze! Muahahahahahahaha.
First Win.jpg (You can see Moose's sig in the background sorry)

(I should make it known that it wasn't like I just beat sommeone who's the best ever, he tried to use close combat on Gengar... but thats still a win for me!)

Last edited:

StarlightUmbreon

Name: StarlightUmbreon
How Would you Contribute: Posting useful stuff and battling with other members. (the mighty ace referred me)
PO Name / FC(List the Gen): PO Name: StarlightUmbreon
GMT: GMT -4
Which Division: The Kazan Shogunate

~Ace

i can show you how
Name: StarlightUmbreon
How Would you Contribute: Posting useful stuff and battling with other members. (the mighty ace referred me)
PO Name / FC(List the Gen): PO Name: StarlightUmbreon
GMT: GMT -4
Which Division: The Kazan Shogunate

accepted lol welcome to my division friend!"!!!!!!!"!!1`1`!¬

MooseSmuggler

#DeathToFascists
Oh, I guess I should confirm my loss too. Although I'm pretty sure its believeable O_O

Edit:
I've done it! I've actually done it! I beat a random on PO! This is only the first win of many, prepare for the reign of Refreeze! Muahahahahahahaha.
View attachment 8473 (You can see Moose's sig in the background sorry)

(I should make it known that it wasn't like I just beat sommeone who's the best ever, he tried to use close combat on Gengar... but thats still a win for me!)

Yay, I'm a part of history \o/

But seriously, Close Combat on a Gengar? What in Oblivion were they thinking? That you'd switch?

Edit: I really hope it was Choice-locked. That's the only excuse to use CC on a Ghost -_-

Last edited:

MooseSmuggler

#DeathToFascists
Uhm, guys. Addiction ads are popping up on Serebii. Am I the only person feeling an odd mix of disturbance and amusement?

Anyway, lost to Alby earlier 1-0, if he didn't mention it. He gets points still, yes? If so, he earned them. Damn that Mew D:<

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Uhm, guys. Addiction ads are popping up on Serebii. Am I the only person feeling an odd mix of disturbance and amusement?

Anyway, lost to Alby earlier 1-0, if he didn't mention it. He gets points still, yes? If so, he earned them. Damn that Mew D:<

Haven't noticed them :p
Also, like I said in the PM, our TR teams will never be Identical.

MooseSmuggler

#DeathToFascists
Haven't noticed them :p
Also, like I said in the PM, our TR teams will never be Identical.

Probably not, but that's okay. That's the beauty of Pokemon: you can have different ideas, and no one is wrong. Perhaps instead of trying to build a single team, we should just help each other out. Also, sorry if I've been seeming a little forceful or anything of the sort. I've got a bad habit of getting very hyper when I get excited about something. With everything I've been dealing with (my mother dying and all that),it's been really helpful to have these sorts of distractions. I appreciate you putting up with me xD

And on the note of my recent issues: a) yes, my mother did pass away, for anyone who knew she was sick but hadn't been fully updated. She went peacefully on a *bleep*ton of painkillers, so she wasn't in pain. My brother gave up his standing as executor of the will, so I ended up arranging the funeral (and have to make sure her debts are paid, and that her will is executed as she intended). And b) due to this stress, I'm taking the summer off from classes, meaning I'll have more time here, assuming this guild stays open (which it DAMN WELL BETTER). Thanks to everyone who's been supportive of me through all of this, and here's hoping that a hiatus from college will help me recover and cope *toasts* *sips wine* (I wish, we don't have any, but hey)

RefreezePR

Just trying to help
Probably not, but that's okay. That's the beauty of Pokemon: you can have different ideas, and no one is wrong. Perhaps instead of trying to build a single team, we should just help each other out. Also, sorry if I've been seeming a little forceful or anything of the sort. I've got a bad habit of getting very hyper when I get excited about something. With everything I've been dealing with (my mother dying and all that),it's been really helpful to have these sorts of distractions. I appreciate you putting up with me xD

And on the note of my recent issues: a) yes, my mother did pass away, for anyone who knew she was sick but hadn't been fully updated. She went peacefully on a *bleep*ton of painkillers, so she wasn't in pain. My brother gave up his standing as executor of the will, so I ended up arranging the funeral (and have to make sure her debts are paid, and that her will is executed as she intended). And b) due to this stress, I'm taking the summer off from classes, meaning I'll have more time here, assuming this guild stays open (which it DAMN WELL BETTER). Thanks to everyone who's been supportive of me through all of this, and here's hoping that a hiatus from college will help me recover and cope *toasts* *sips wine* (I wish, we don't have any, but hey)

I can only I wish the best for you moving forward Moose, you've gone through a lot, and the road my seem only uphill as you go on but remember the entire guild is supporting you. Also summer looks like its gonna be extremely fun since I'll have a lot of free time too, barring two weeks I'll be going to Digipen, but I'll also drink to your toast with this handy water bottle I just found. *sips* Only the finest of Hydrogen Dioxide on such a toast.

DJMonty

<--- Currently REing
Hey, guys.

Not sure if you're aware, but you guys have priority over all other traders in my trade shop. I'll also give you guys better deals than the masses. Link is in my signature if you're interested.

On topic, what teams are currently dominating the metagame? Are weather teams still being used a lot?

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector

You weren't forceful as such, it's just me and you are two very DIFFERENT people when it comes to making teams, and not just TR teams I can imagine :) I'm still used to 4th gen so I'm not fully aware of how good 5th gen pokemon are or what 5th gen moves to use. As such I just stick to what I know worked in 4th gen and when I do use unfamiliar pokemon I mainly base the move sets off guides from serebii & smogon so they might not work as well which ultimately is why we are different in team building. I would still like to battle u with a TR team but each with out modified versions.

Also, I just watched an ubers match on PS which took 103 turns ._.

Last edited:

TrainerChris

Bad at Pokemon
Alright, haven't posted here in a while. I'll just go ahead and ask what your favorite kind of teams to use/make are.

Extroph

Gaijin Shogun
Alright, haven't posted here in a while. I'll just go ahead and ask what your favorite kind of teams to use/make are.

I usually like to make teams that are very offensive, and try to take out as many threats as possible. While doing so, I like to keep them balanced as well, because they aren't bulky. I try to do so by adding Pokemon that can switch into a weakness of the others, keeping a nice synergy on everyone as much as possible. Here are some of my favorite teams:

646-black.png
645-therian.png
647-resolution.png
437.png
248.png
073.png

Memento Mori - Sandstorm Team

This team is also my RMT team, and my Creamery Command League playthrough team. The purpose of this team is to remain balanced while being strong enough to take down as many Pokemon as possible. As you can see, I have many hard hitting Pokemon, with Landorus-T reaching 427 Attack, and Kyurem-B reaching 400. I also have Keldeo as my Scarf, in case I need to outrun certain Pokemon. The rest of this team is very defensive though. Tyranitar is Specially Defensive, though it can lash out strong attacks as well. Tentacruel is to support Kyurem-B against Stealth Rock, and is also used for Toxic Stall. Bronzong is my only Steel type, and the only one stopping a Dragon type move, which is very necessary to avoid Moxie Mence, Banded Dragonites, etc.

Weaknesses: Trick Room, for one, is a major pain in the butt for this team, since my main backup Keldeo is regarded worthless against TR. Trick Room teams are also clogged with hard hitting Pokemon who has defensive investments as well, making it hard to take them out with a single blow. Another weakness to this team is Stall. Any kind of Stall, as long as it has good synergy, can tire out my team, because I need momentum to take them all

186.png
642-therian.png
639.png
647-resolution.png
385.png
445.png

Major OU - Rain Team

This team utilizes many of the most used Over Used Pokemon of BW2 OU. It also probably sickens Epou once he sees it. This team's goal is to provide Rain for Rain abusers, while having the Pokemon needed to keep other weather summoners out. Garchomp is a threat to Ninetales and Tyranitar, Keldeo for Hippowdon and Tyranitar, Terrakion for Ninetales, and Jirachi for Tyranitar. However, it's so offensive that it lacks in defense.

Weaknesses: Anything that outspeeds these Pokemon can take it down. I have no Pokemon there that can take hits, and I rely on revenge kills to avoid taking unnecessary hits upon switches. Another major weakness is Stall, because I have no spinner, and the only one not affected by Spikes is greatly damaged by Stealth Rock.

479-spin.png
533.png
124.png
103.png
435.png
323.png

Fallen Diva - Gimmick Team

I don't know where I got this team from, but I believe I modified it from an existing RMT :S Anyways, this team is my favorite team to use when someone asks me to TEST THEIR TEAM because, frankly, I don't want to possibly lose with a serious team against a team that's just being tested. But, seeing that most people who ask me for tests have already seen this team, the gimmick is kind of useless. Jynx is there to absorb the Water types, and to set up (with +6 boost on Special Attack, it can take down anything with an OHKO or a 2HKO). Skuntank is used to take down those Pokemon who like to set up. Gurdurr can take any Physical hits with one Bulk Up, and can also possibly sweep. Exeggutor doesn't do anything but give me momentum, and Rotom-S is there to outrun threats with its Scarf.

Weaknesses: Everything in this list

That concludes my share of my favorite teams, along with analysis as to why they're my favorites. Please do share yours, and it doesn't have to be in the same format as mine :]

epicninjask123

LoL Lunatic
Haven't posted in forever, but hey! I survived my trip to Costa Rica! I also splurged on video games and got the new mystery dungeon, the expansion for StarCraft II, and I will eventually get either Final Fantasy VIII or Final Fantasy IX on my brother's PS3. It sucks that I can only get one because he's in his freshman year of college (I'm a sophmore Woo! [a sophomore in high school but who cares!]) and once he becomes a sophomore he'll be able to take it with him back to campus so i won't have time to beat both. Has anyone played those games? Which one is better?

Anyway I'm going to start on a new fanfic project (sorry refreeze, I'm giving up on my current one) so if anyone wants to proofread my chapters in advance I would appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.