• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Age of Shoguns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
^this

Jeez I've been out for too long, do I see this correct? Lord Fighting uses online battle simulators : o ??

Haha, nice to have you back KFT. Yes I do, although I still do 4th gen wifi, I now use Pokemon Showdown (PS) since it's free so if you want to battle just let me know.

Alright guys, my first Youtube video has just been uploaded to the ShogunAllStars channel! Go watch it!

Nice Banette, I also think it's massively under-rated which is why I use it on my team a lot. Although I play a slightly different strategy:
Banette
Frisk
Choice Scarf
Jolly 252/252 Spd + Atk 4 HP
Trick
Destiny Bond
Shadow Sneak
Will-o-wisp

This is based on a NU team so it works a bit different.

Last edited:

RefreezePR

Just trying to help
Hey guys, so I was kinda an idiot last night and fell asleep before fully editing the video XD but I've gotten it done and I'm uploading the first Emerald video as I post this so that should be done soon as well.

But on to the more important topic at hand, I wanted ask the next topic question (if that's ok). I also don't know if this one has been used before but it'll be interesting to see how some of you reply to this, What type of Gym Leader would you be (unless you want to pull a Blue and do what you want), what Pokémon would you use, and what would you do/say before or after the player beats you? For Example: I would be a Ghost type Gym Leader, I would use Frosslass, Gengar, Spiritomb, Rotom (Base form) and Chandelure. Because they're all super cool. Also, after they beat me I'd yell, "NO, I have been defeated!" Then throw the badge at them and jump off the stage where my ghost type Pokémon would carry me away to safety. Also before they challenge the Elite four I'd walk up to them and shout, "You'd better beat them or else I'm taking my badge back from you!"

Edit: Also if any of you could trade me a Shellos/Gastrodon that'd be great, breeding is complicated :p

Extroph

Gaijin Shogun
I can't really decide on which type I like the most, though I always end up using at least one Water type in my team. If I were a gym leader, I would be Water type, using the following: Kingdra, Gyarados, Sharpedo, Tentacruel, and Jellicent. I chose the following because they have a nice theme to them (sea monsters). So, following this theme of sea monsters, I would have my gym underwater, requiring like Dive or something to get to it. The gym would be inside a sunken ship, and prior to entering the gym leader's arena, the trainer will be given an oxygen tank. The gym would be set up in 3 layers. the first layer will be sandy and plain, representing the most shallow part of the ocean, and will have 1 trainer blocking your way. Upon defeating that trainer and entering the second layer, the layout will morph into a coral garden, and will have 2 trainers blocking your way. The final layout will be a deep sea theme, with underwater volcanoes and faint dim lights to guide your way into the pitch black ocean floor. There will be 3 trainers to face there. And finally, the trainer will reach a slope going even deeper, until the whole screen is pitch black. As you go deeper and deeper, you will see a faint light in the corner, and I'll be there.

My losing message would be "Just when I've reached the deepest area, I must rise to the surface and retrieve a badge..." Upon exiting the battle, both the trainer and I will float upward gradually until we reach the surface, until both our heads exit the water. I will then give the Abyss Badge to the victor.

Sorry for wall of text, the topic interested me ^.^"

RefreezePR

Just trying to help
That's cool! I haven't really thought about what my gym would be like, but I guess I'd have them navigate through a maze of headstones like the Pokémon Tower in Red and Blue where certain tombstones would be really big and they'd say the names of the other gym leaders on them, and interacting with a tombstone would make you fall into a small chamber where you'd be challenged by one of the gym trainers disguised as a mind controlled version of that gym leader and they would attack you then send you back to the beginning of the maze, and the correct tombstone with me in it would be at the end of the maze with your name on it. Although Gamefreak might think its a little iffy for the kids, I think its an amazing idea.

PhoenixShad0w13

Sword Master
Hm... I know I would be a Steel type gym leader. Metagross, Scizor, Skarmory, and Aggron would be on my team, at least. Just for humor, maybe go for a dark or evil theme gym, that way when they reached me, I can say, "What did you expect, we would steel your Pokemon?"

As for winning/losing message, no idea there.

epicninjask123

LoL Lunatic
I would definitely have a fire gym! My blazing temper fits the type perfectly. I would probably use Pokemon like Houndoom, Charizard, Magmortar, Darmanitan (not zen form...), and Volcarona. They seem to give off an angry aura of power. As for the gym, I would have a similar setup to Mount Battle from the Colosseum/XD games where you would scale a volcano, using Strength to push boulders into holes to block lava geysers and finally reaching the top where I'd be waiting on a suspended platform over the lava. I would say "Just try to keep cool else you'll end up in my blazing inferno!" When I would lose, my fury would cause the volcano to erupt, but not before the platform turns into a flying airship and the challenger gets to watch the lava flow as I give him/her my badge.

Just thought that sounded cool.

Also, if anyone could trade me some of the Pokemon I have in my sig, I need them for Pokedex completion. I can try to check in, but please pm me to organize a trading time.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Nice replies guys, but ninjask just a warning: your sig might exceed the size limit

Hi sig is fine, nowhere near the limit compared to the size my sig used to be before I got two infractions.

~Ace

i can show you how
omg guys a ground gym would be for me

like my battlefield would be full of hard and soft rocks with soft and hard mud etc, using the right pokemon and the battlefield, the battle would be versatile as hell.

RefreezePR

Just trying to help
*Raises hand in the back of the room slowly* I swear I only do it for Charizard and Cynthia. :$

PhoenixShad0w13

Sword Master
The only time I watch the anime is while I'm at work and the news has repeated itself 12 times. That is also about the only time I watch normal tv, though, and it usually for about an hour or so every shift

epicninjask123

LoL Lunatic
I actually received the first part of the first season of the anime as a gift so I watch it whenever I'm feeling bored. I mean, it is hilarious so it is definitely worth it!

Edit: Ex, you were indeed correct, they edited my sig. Just changed it though. I just thought it was kinda funny how they went about it. (lol didn't realize they had the authority to edit my stuff)

Last edited:

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Ew who is darkachu anyways? And speaking of which, who here watches the Pokemon anime?

I have seasons 3-5 on DVD but other than that, it's very rare that the anime is shown in England.

Status
Not open for further replies.