• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Age of Shoguns

Status
Not open for further replies.

RefreezePR

Just trying to help
On my browser it say we currently have 56 pages. From what I can gather, pages 2-15 or 2-3 I don't know had been deleted. But we should focus on other topics, this will be taken care of I'm sure.

On a more on track topic, if you guys ever find yourself with some free time I'd love it if you could scout out for trade shops that rng flawless of near flawless legendaries because as soon as part two of the project starts I'm gonna be leading a coalition effort to hunt all those down while the breeders do their thing for the breedable Pokemon.

~Ace

i can show you how
hey guys so i'm really desperate for an unused 3ds registration code from the uk or europe, mainly because my friend needs to register a new one and it can be done like this and yeah if you have an unregistered 3ds you will have a red small leaflet with a code on and that's what i desperately need, and if any of my guild mates can give me one i will be eternally grateful ;-;

RefreezePR

Just trying to help
Dunno if many people can help you there Ace =/

Also I made a new team guys, check out the battle, http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-33008561 A lot of things went down, lots of luck on both sides (I freaked when Tryanitar was frozen) I was also still getting used to many of the pokes, I have never used, Jirachi, Tyranitar, Starmie, or Landorus before so I was trying to push them to see what they could and couldn't handle. Also at the end I should of used substitute more to wear down the Lapras with sand storm since Blizzard had a chance of missing and it could've taken me out. Luckily it missed so I could get the second shadow ball in. I'll try the team out more and I might make some changes, after that I'll post an RMT to get your opinions on the specifics.

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
Dunno if many people can help you there Ace =/

Also I made a new team guys, check out the battle, http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-33008561 A lot of things went down, lots of luck on both sides (I freaked when Tryanitar was frozen) I was also still getting used to many of the pokes, I have never used, Jirachi, Tyranitar, Starmie, or Landorus before so I was trying to push them to see what they could and couldn't handle. Also at the end I should of used substitute more to wear down the Lapras with sand storm since Blizzard had a chance of missing and it could've taken me out. Luckily it missed so I could get the second shadow ball in. I'll try the team out more and I might make some changes, after that I'll post an RMT to get your opinions on the specifics.

Despite I really hate OU and its repeatable pokemon choices, that was an nice battle Ref.
I do wonder why you have Crunch + Pursuit on Tyranitar though, in my opinion its either one or the other not both.

Last edited:

PhoenixShad0w13

Sword Master
New Pokemon Type as been announced. Fairy type.

The new Eevee evo had that type, plus a couple of older Pokemon get a type rework, like Gardevoir, and Maril. Don't know if it will simply be turned into a duo type, or what, but if it's good against Dragons, that might make a few a bit more usable.

So ,what do you guys think about the new type, so far?

MooseSmuggler

#DeathToFascists
Fairy...FAIRY? Well, at least it beats Dragons. Which is an amusing mental image *gigglesnort*

Extroph

Gaijin Shogun
During the Nintendo Direct, it was revealed that Pokémon X & Y will include the new Fairy-type which includes Sylveon, Gardevoir, Jigglypuff and Marill and is super effective against Dragon types. Gardevoir is now Psychic/Fairy, Marill is Water/Fairy and Jigglypuff is Normal/Fairy. A new Pokémon was also revealed called Vivilion and one called Noivern.

.-. Please. Pleassseee.... :(

Gardevoir can be useful now against Latios + Latias due to its bulky SpDef, and also if the two new Fairy mons are good, it can be placed in OU. so I guess change isn't that bad. We'll just have to work around it :[

Last edited:
OMG nice, I really like the retyping of Gardevoir. Just imagine, being able to fend of dragons and fighting types + synchronize to beat Thundurus etc etc. :eek:
I'm loving it! Was this all of the info or is there more to come? (I want MORE)

@Refreeze, I can't really judge your team since I don't know EV's, movesets, natures and items. You start out battling really weird tho, switching in Starmie while it does not like Garchomps attacks at all, then after it survived the switch in, you could've outspeed Garchomp and OHKO with Ice Beam but you switch out, unless you were expecting the switch and you double switched. But you could've damaged that Alakazam a bit and break its sash (it didnt had one but its common) if you just attacked it with Starmie. So I don't really know what you were trying to accomplish with all those switches. You might want to look into that.

Especially since you did great after you made those little mistakes. The mid/end game was proper battling ;)
Keep it up and you'll be a great battler!

RefreezePR

Just trying to help
OU Gardevoir? Geez I know people that will literally die of happiness when they hear this.

Thanks for the feed back guys, I was just using a smogon set Azu so I don't really know why it has both but I'll definitely look into that. And KFT the Starmie I had was a bulky spinner so I didn't have ice beam, but I was expecting him to switch since I had switched into starmie and it was known to carry ice beam. I just didn't know what he would switch into which was the flaw in my plan. I was also trying to get every mon in the fight and take a little damage so I could understand what their limits where, since I'm not so great when it comes to all of the stats and numbers :p

I don't really remember all of the sets I used since I'm on my phone right now, but I'll look them up when I get home.

I missed parts of all your comments because of the excitement lol.
So ,what do you guys think about the new type, so far?
I hope that this will balance out the metagame. I'll just theorymon for a bit if you don't mind:
More Fairies = less Dragons
Less Dragons = Less Steel types
Less Steel types = Less Fighting types
This will leave room for more pokemon to be viable in a competitive environment.

Ingame wise:
I never plan my pokemon teams for ingame, but really, I must and will have a Gardevoir in my team.

Fairy...FAIRY? Well, at least it beats Dragons. Which is an amusing mental image *gigglesnort*
haha it is, just look at Salamence his face in those pics. Salamence is seriously screwed. Scarf Moxie Mence with Outrage will be nothing more than a vague memory.

Gardevoir can be useful now against Latios + Latias due to its bulky SpDef, and also if the two new Fairy mons are good, it can be placed in OU. so I guess change isn't that bad. We'll just have to work around it :[
Yeah boy, change is coming!
I also saw people posting that Blissey and Chansey could be fairies, this is pure speculation tho, but just think about it... :eek:

OU Gardevoir? Geez I know people that will literally die of happiness when they hear this.

Thanks for the feed back guys, I was just using a smogon set Azu so I don't really know why it has both but I'll definitely look into that. And KFT the Starmie I had was a bulky spinner so I didn't have ice beam, but I was expecting him to switch since I had switched into starmie and it was known to carry ice beam. I just didn't know what he would switch into which was the flaw in my plan. I was also trying to get every mon in the fight and take a little damage so I could understand what their limits where, since I'm not so great when it comes to all of the stats and numbers :p

I don't really remember all of the sets I used since I'm on my phone right now, but I'll look them up when I get home.

Ah ok, yeah I figured you were double switching, altho it looked a bit random now, always bear in mind that people tend to switch in a pokemon who could get rid of the one that was out now (which was Starmie). Alakazam didn't seem like a random switch in since it carried Shadow Ball so you should keep that in mind;) Unless of course your opponent was expecting a double switch but that barely happens.

RefreezePR

Just trying to help
Maybe if Ledian got hit with a fairy type change he could be higher tiered. It really needs a buff, I used Ledian in soulsilver and I loved the little bugger :3 now that I think about it, I should make an RU team too, since Charizard, Poliwrath, and others of my favs are in there. I wonder if I could also get Ledian on that team, maybe fit Simisage there too.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
I personally think that we didn't need a new type. Pokemon is gonna be like x10 more complex now and it's going to weird having those pokemon being one type in the 1st 5 gens and then all of sudden be a dual brand new type in gen 6. And seriously, HTF does marril like like a freaking fairy. It's not even psychic or normal type ffs. It's a blue mouse not a pink fairy... And fairy > dragon? Just wtf? Where's the logic in that. Since it's super-eff against dragon, god knows what it's weakness(es) will be. I think that it will be weak to fighting types. But that's just my opinion. Anyone else care to guess?

I bet Sylveons evolution method it's going to be messed up as well since the whole game is shaping up to be that way judging by the trailers. The 3D thing also massively puts me off because it just looks sooooo bad and the trainer looks horrendous as well. And don't even get me started on the new pokemon. I thought some of 4th/5th gen pokemon were bad but THIS IS SOMETHING ELSE. Bad is a minor understatement of some of the new pokemon so far. I dread what the other non-released pokemon look like. I just hope that they're evolutions look better in attempt to try and salvage the franchise.

Yhh... as you might be able to tell. I don't like the look of gen 6 at all. Just thought i'd get my rant out. I'm welcome to other opinions.

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
I agree to that though, Fairy being immune to dragon is not logically,
just Nintendo's poor excuse to change the metagame, but it had to be done.. Dragon was always an superior typing, 1 immunity in the game will balance it very well.

RefreezePR

Just trying to help
Maybe it will be weak to dark types? I'm personally excited for the new changes, more complexity doesn't faze me much at all, its already so complex why not make it more? But don't forget Gamefreak has been doing this for a while, changing up the formula is always good, if you don't take a risk you'll never get better. If I had given up competitive battling when I lost my first battle against Epic I'd have never gotten this good and would still suck.

Bug being good against dark and psychic was never something that made sense or rock against ice, or ice against dragon. Or like half of the typings in Pokemon. I'm sure they're just trying to balance out the competitive scene.

Being an aspiring game dev myself I can see the wisdom in a lot of these choices, the real question is the practicality of the choices they made and if they're implemented well. As for the 3D and the new Pokemon I like it, maybe its just because I read the manga as a kid instead of playing the games but the new looks give the world more depth which I like. Though I guess its an opinion that you don't like the new Pokes and art style but I feel its the same thing that happened to our Oshawatt where everyone called him a stupid starter and then found Samurott and wet their pants in fear.

I hope they make some changes to the normal gym system too. Its been confirmed as canon that there's more than 8 gyms (that's why Gary has 10 from Kanto) so I'd like to see optional gyms put into the games, that way they can put more types.

MooseSmuggler

#DeathToFascists
Bug is supereffective against Psychic. Gamefreak through out logic on day damn one. And I don't see the harm in a new type, honestly. It's about damn time we got a change like that.

RefreezePR

Just trying to help
Beat Chris 1 game and lost the second game in two amazing test battles, since I'm pretty happy with the team right now expect an RMT soon.

Also after I finish school expect me to be on the competitive scene more with my new team :3 I'll probably challenge a league and maybe join some tournaments. Of course while getting part 2 of the Wi-Fi project done, once me and Ex finish talking about how it will all work out.

Last edited:

epicninjask123

LoL Lunatic
Fairy type huh...? I approve. Another anti-dragon is just what we needed! Seriously, those things are EVERYWHERE!

Also, Ex will have to make me a custom banner sometime about this new type. I got an awesome joke going.

Another thing, in case nobody else noticed, Serebii must've changed the pages to show 25 posts per instead of 20. That's why our thread shrunk.

And a final note... I'm going to sprint write my story so I can upload it. Once I hit the halfway mark I'll upload the prologue and chapter one, after which I'll upload a new chapter every five days. Sounds fair to me.

beshort123

<----Uber
Leavin AoS, it was fun. Clans are just getting a little stale for me and i haven't really been that good with getting back into the competitive seen. I'll probably still be on the xat and stuff. Also OU Gardevoir? *shudder*

Status
Not open for further replies.