• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Agnostic, Religious or Atheist

What are your beliefs???

• Faithful (any religion/theism/deism will do)

Votes: 122 36.6%
  • Agnostic (uncertainty; either in principle or in practice)

Votes: 95 28.5%
  • Atheist (dont believe in any theism/deism)

Votes: 116 34.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

draya the dark master

Sort of Undead atm♥
Ah, I see, fair enough.

I guess it would be pretty silly to think people would blindly follow a several thousand year old book like a bunch of zombies.

Maybe Sapphire has had some bad experiences with people of the faith.

i would like to point out that i have had some bad experences with faith that has probally, as you seem to say, has clouded ones judgement of anothers beliefs

i myself was once a christian and one of the main resons i am not athiest is because i lernt the bible and saw more then a coupple of flaws in it... when i began to question i was rediculed by my teachers and some of my friends

i honestly think that to follow the bible you whould simply have to go off blind faith otherwise all the flaws are too obvious (i dont want to point any out as some people may concider it very rude)

christanity is a faith controlled by fear IMO
i dont want to even be close to a part of that

ShadeShadow

(>^.^)>(;_;)<(^.^<)
im christian, but i dont try to force ppl into it, i just say, if you wanna talk about it with me,im open. i dont bash others religions/ beliefs either. one time i got mine bashed brutally by an atheist friend. i do know what its like, but not all christians try to force you into it, trust me.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
For the record, agnosticism is entirely distinct from what it is being presented as in this poll. Agnosticism concerns scepticism, it is more a philosophical principle that the existence (or non-existence) of a deity is a fundamentally unknowable thing. That is, we can form a conclusion from evidence but we cannot irrefutably determine whether such an omnipotent deity exists. This problem is ubiquitous in metaphysics. The problem is that such claims cannot be scrutinized scientifically. So, evidence mounts to show that God is not existent, or at least superfluous. But, categorically proving is (probably) forever beyond science. The term ‘Agnostic’ is usually used to disambiguate one’s beliefs. Two titles that indicate a belief are ‘agnostic atheist’, or ‘agnostic theist’ i.e. the belief that God is non-existent but an acceptance that an absolute proof is forever beyond us or the belief that God is existent but categorically proving his existence is impossible respectively. In short, not having a concrete opinion on the matter is entirely different from agnosticism; agnosticism is a very specific opinion on the matter.
I found this post very enlightening and quite liked the distinction between ‘agnostic atheist’ and ‘agnostic theist’ as I had never seen such a distinction made before. It's always annoyed me that agnosticism is seen as being either indecisive or just not giving a ****.

Kaiserin

please wake up...
I personally tend to be varying levels of atheist depending on my mood. Most of the time, I default to not giving a ****. But I guess at my core, I just have trouble believing the typical Christian depiction of God is something I want to put my trust in. In the end, I'm fine not knowing, but if I had to pick something, I'd go with atheism. I don't really buy the idea of a heaven or a hell, either.

And to conclude, I wish to share this picture with you all.

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム
im christian, but i dont try to force ppl into it, i just say, if you wanna talk about it with me,im open. i dont bash others religions/ beliefs either. one time i got mine bashed brutally by an atheist friend. i do know what its like, but not all christians try to force you into it, trust me.

Amen! I am the exact same way! Though that won't stop a lot of people on these forums from bashing you just for what other Christians have said around here.

billybobjoefizz

Call me nick. K? k.
Athist (dont believe in god... LOGIC!)
Thank you for that wonderful start.
Atheists dont believe in any sort of god, whatsoever.
Atheism and Religion are logic. It depends on who it is coming from.

Takeo

I wouldn't know what I fall into, I believe in hope, karma, or faith whatever you wish to call it

JetshipperKekkaishi

High School DxD Fanatic
I'm Christan and I have my beliefs but I never shoved it down anyone thoats. Everyone have a title to an opinion or belief.

GOLDENCRS

I'm a f***** Ponyta
I guess I am religious because I go to a Catholic School, but I don't think I will be going to church when I am older. I mean I know God is out there, but in my opinion enjoying life is more important. Also, I believe if Heaven and Hell really exists then you will get there by good acts, no matter what you believe in or if you are atheist. What I have learned from Religion class though, is that God is always there if you need help, and when I have prayed to him usually he has came through.

MasterLucario

No life till leather
I came out as an atheist 2 years ago. I'm not one of those Atheists that goes around and calls Christians idiots. For pretty much the same reasons as mos people (science). I have other reasons why, predominately cause i just don't like the Christian Church. The whole sex scandal with the priests and I don't like how most Christians are made Christian by their parents, baptised at birth when they can't protest, and brain-washed from toddler-up to believe what they preach in church. I hate it.

Aenea

Creator Of Victory
Do you know why these threads fail to do well? Neither side can prove their side to the other. This will not be done anytime soon. Atheists are too arrogant to accept the possibility of God when they don't know the odds and ends of how the universe of began, and Theists are too full of themselves to realise the basis of their knowledge begins and ends in heresay and legends.

Who's right? No one. If you can't know the answers to things there's a very simple thing you have to say: 'I don't know'.

Vermehlo_Steele

Grand Arbiter II
Hahaha! The irony of having

What are your beliefs???
[...]
Athist ((I) don(')t believe in god... LOGIC!)

as a poll option. Priceless.

Seem

Hollen i ven.
Do you know why these threads fail to do well? Neither side can prove their side to the other. This will not be done anytime soon. Atheists are too arrogant to accept the possibility of God when they don't know the odds and ends of how the universe of began, and Theists are too full of themselves to realise the basis of their knowledge begins and ends in heresay and legends.

Who's right? No one. If you can't know the answers to things there's a very simple thing you have to say: 'I don't know'.

While that can be true, I don't believe anyone is ever going to find the answer to whether or not there is a god any time soon and we won't really get anywhere with saying 'I don't know' all the time.

Not every person spends their life trying to prove it, some people, religious or not, just get on with life.

Pesky Persian

Caffeine Queen
I didn't answer the poll because I find it ignorant and biased, but I'll throw in my thoughts anyway.

I find this entire debate to be either too narrow in thinking or too broad in wording or maybe a bit of both. Not to mention "Argue your beliefs" is not really a debate anyway, but I digress. I don't think the world is so black and white that all people fall neatly into one of the three categories of "Religious, Agnostic, and Atheist" because none of these things are mutually exclusive. Agnosticism especially can include both theists and atheist, but depending on the individual's religion, one could actually be both atheist and religious. That seems kind of contradictory at first, I know, but hear me out.

There are far more religions in the world than simply the Abrahamic religions of Christianity (which a lot of people in this thread are bringing up), Judaism, and Islam. People who have seen me post in threads regarding religion have probably seen me talk about this since I joined SPPf, but it seems every time one of these threads crop up it turns into Christianity vs. Atheism. Religion does not always mean theism. There are plenty of religions in the world that are not associated with any kind of gods/deities. So one could actually technically be religious and an atheist or even all three.

Also, I'd like to point out that the "one is more blind than the other" argument is kind of silly. People on any side of this debate can think for themselves or not think for themselves. Religion, or lack thereof, has little to do with it. Yes, there are religious people who blindly follow their faith but there are plenty of atheists who blindly follow things they don't fully understand either.

Last edited:

manaphy72

i believe in god, the holy spirit.

and some peoples beliefs are if you dont accept god into your heart that you will go to hell. i believe that and you dont have to.

but what im saying is... if people who are fully religious drive you crazy. then athiest drive me crazy. thats your belief and theres. and mine

Status
Not open for further replies.