• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Agnostic, Religious or Atheist

What are your beliefs???

• Faithful (any religion/theism/deism will do)

Votes: 122 36.6%
  • Agnostic (uncertainty; either in principle or in practice)

Votes: 95 28.5%
  • Atheist (dont believe in any theism/deism)

Votes: 116 34.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

EmeraldGoblin

Rehab, no. Dead.
"Religion is dangerous because it allows human beings who dont know all the answers to think that they do " ~ Bill Maher

what do you get when you cross an insomniac, a dyslexic, and an agnostic? Answer: A person who stays up all night wondering if there is a dog.

Last edited:

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Hm well I am a Christian but I don't really shove my beliefs down in everyone's throats (I might joke though, like times when I am bowling with non Christians and I joke about God being on my side because I believe in him). If someone wants to ask me about Christianity or is trying to find a better life then I will talk about God with them, other then that I let them alone because I don't think we should be shoving beliefs down in other opinions.

I might be some of the open minded Christians out there, such as no I do not believe that homosexuality is a sin or you must have sex after marriage. I follow what I believe in, which it is God but I follow what I believe sounds like what he could want. Thou Shalt not kill or steal I follow.

MissingNoHunter

Cannon Time.
Flame war starts in three...two...one...

Ace Of Keys

Me and My sketch pad
I prefer to think that there is a higher power but i choose not follow strict guidelines. hey cool you go to church and you know the bible. great but I can do without lectures

MissingNoHunter

Cannon Time.
I prefer to think that there is a higher power but i choose not follow strict guidelines. hey cool you go to church and you know the bible. great but I can do without lectures

My view exactly. Double post, btw. =3

Ace Of Keys

Me and My sketch pad
true, its mainly the catholics and christians who feel its their responsiblity to "save" everyone. It didn't work in the middle ages why do you think it'll work now?

MissingNoHunter

Cannon Time.
Hope Profesco doesn't lock this thread, he's curb-stomped evey other thread that was easy to make jokes in. Then again, could just be my shite timing.

Weez1990

Hyuck hyuck hyuck
Can someone explain to me the difference between Christianity and Catholicism?
Off the top of my head....
-Catholics pray to Jesus' mother Mary.
-Catholic churches contain a lot of gold decoration, as opposed to Protestant ones which are just plain
-Catholics use the rosary
-Catholics oppose the use of condoms (not ALL Christians oppose this)
-Catholics oppose gay marriage and female bishops (not ALL Christians oppose this)
-The head of the Catholic church is the Pope

Christianity is a very broad term, for example Catholicism is considered a type of Christianity.

I am not Catholic, so apologies to any Catholics if I misconstrued anything. It was not out of malicious intent. :)

Last edited:

Doodles

Espurr will HM01 you
Facepalm... Typo's are going to give me a heart attack some day.

Atheist*!!!

And I said Agnostic, because I in only stuff that's been proven, and for the most part... Science.

Weez1990

Hyuck hyuck hyuck
I am a athist and will murder your family if u disagree
Come at me bro

Sasholon

Its the same thing but there are different christian groups i.e. Catholics, protestants, baptists, ect. which roughly translates to "We all believe in God and Jesus but my way of worshiping Him is better."

I identify myself as an agnostic.

7 tyranitars

Athiest religion never made sence to me.

Maxim

Beyond repair
A Sedevacantist.

Google for it.

There is no difference. Catholicism is one of the version of Christianity, like Orthodoxy, Luteranism, Calvinism, Baptism and many others. They vary in some aspects but all are considered as Christianity.

Yechovas (sp?) and Mormons don't count as Christianity, although they've developed from it (for the most part).

-Catholics pray to Jesus' mother Mary.

No, they don't. Mary isn't a god in any of the Christian sects (that would be polytheism).

The cult of Virgin Mary in Roman Catholicism became so overdeveloped in 20th century (like the dogma of Assumption of Mary). As a Sedevacantist (yeah!), I don't agree with those "new" additions.

-Catholics oppose the use of condoms (not ALL Christians oppose this)
-Catholics oppose gay marriage and female bishops (not ALL Christians oppose this)

Ugly stereotypes. Those are not just Catholic things.

As for condoms, it's actually a matter of non-wedding sex, rather than condoms themselves. There is no version of Christianity which allows to have sex with anyone (maybe except those libertarian sects created in America in 20th and 21st centuries).

As for homosexual marriages, it's overwhelming majority that opposes them. The most gay-tolerant denominations are actually those libertarian Neo-Protestant American sects like "The United Church of Christ's Awesomest Dudes" (a hypothetical, demonstrative name), who even hire gay men as priests. Such sects break the most fundamental rules of Christianity (it's not only about gay marriages but also many, many other things) and many refuse them as Christianity.

Just some information. Hope it helped.

Last edited:

Meowth City

Staff member
I don't really fit in any category. If I had to choose then either an athist or an agnostic. Definitely not religous. I had no against religous people because if they want to believe in a higher power, who am I to stop them from doing that. I would like to think that there is such a place as Heaven, but let's just say I haven't had much reason to believe in the good. I sure hope Karma - what goes around comes around - is real if it's not already.

I take teachings from all religions and apply then to my own life. So in that respect I guess I'm more of a panthiest than an atheist.

BadWolf Churchill

Mr Prime Minister
I'm atheist based off huge scientific evidence. There is just too much definitive evidence proving evolution and the age of the Earth. If I were to believe in some sort of creator, I would believe it somehow bought about the beginning of the universe billions of years ago.

I do appreciate the basic message of peace and understanding that most religions preach, but it is unfortunate how that message seems to be forgotten in favour of violence, corruption and the need to convert everyone in some religions.

Megaton666

Swampert Trainer
The OP has no idea what agnosticism is, and so does everyone who voted it.

No, they don't. Mary isn't a god in any of the Christian sects (that would be polytheism).

Actually, Catholics do pray to Mary. She isn't a God or anything, but she is certainly pretty holy. One of the main Catholic prays is the Hail Mary.

I'm an
ATHEIST myself, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.