1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Agnostic, Religious or Atheist

Discussion in 'Debate Forum' started by draya the dark master, Aug 10, 2011.

?

What are your beliefs???

1. Faithful (any religion/theism/deism will do)

122 vote(s)
    36.6%
  2. Agnostic (uncertainty; either in principle or in practice)

95 vote(s)
    28.5%
  3. Atheist (dont believe in any theism/deism)

116 vote(s)
    34.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoulSilverMstr411

SoulSilverMstr411 Hikikomori

I didn't even know I was Agnostic untill I saw that episode of South Park.

2. JDavidC

JDavidC Banned

Religious, but my faith is not based on intangible things I cannot measure. It is based on evidence, some of which has been hard to search for.

3. Charizardfan900

Charizardfan900 Charizard King!

I'm religious, but I also understand science.

I don't like people who always are going on about how their religion/lack of religion is the right one.

I also hate people who hate on some one with different beliefs. Once, outside of class, I was talking with my friends and we got on to the subject of religion and I brought up that I was christian and this guy standing net to us said bullsh*t to me.

Also when people, and this seems to Christians most of the time, say if you don't believe in my God or follow my religions you will go Hell. Honestly do you really think God, who these people believe in, would discriminate against people?

4. raticate7

raticate7 Well-Known Member

Religious, I am a Catholic and believe Jesus died for my sins.

5. Zevn

Zevn Lost in Translation

I am just me, and I abhor all "righteous" fundamentalism that tries to force itself on others.

This includes, but is not limited to:

some
    - hippies
    - atheists
    - feminists
    - nationalists
    - militarists
    - christians/muslims

Last edited: Mar 10, 2012
  6. Schade

Schade No gain, just pain.

atheist. I think religion is a bunch of bullocks opposed to scientific facts

7. Malanu

Malanu Est sularus oth mith

I have been:
    Catholic
    Satanist
    Wiccan
    Pagan
    Then I realized that through it all, My friends and family did more for me than any divine being. So now I'm Atheist.

8. Adrexus

Adrexus Do it the bird way!

I have been a christian for the last five and a half years now. Although last summer is when I started to question christianity and the idea of God.

I was very zealous in my younger days. I was reading the Bible, praying, doing missionary work, etc. Those were the glorious days. I look back though, and see a lot of naivete. I suppose I was a lot less reluctant to ask the really tough questions. I had been given all the answers to the opposing side. But I never really heard the argument for why they believed the way they did. Its pretty easy to train a kid, even a teenager in a certain mindset, but its a lot harder to say "just have faith" when dealing with an adult. So, my faith has come under fire. I think the reason why I haven't left the faith is because of the community I built up in my church. The people there are some of the nicest and smartest that I know. If I didn't have that strong community then I might've already left. I'm afraid to lose that if I leave the church. There are things I have always liked about christianity, but some things that bother the crap out of me. I'm not gay, but I don't understand why homosexuality is so abhorrent in the eyes of God.

So, I still see myself as a christian, although i'm much more skeptical than I used to be. Which way I will go is not fully certain yet, though. There's a lot of questions still floating around in my mind.

9. DittoDude

DittoDude The King of Town.

You're not really a Christian if you believe that. It clearly states in the bible that anyone who's not a Christian will go to Hell.

10. Zevn

Zevn Lost in Translation

I don't think you have to abandon your faith because of logical fallacies in the Bible.

Keep in mind that it was written or transcribed by men, and that while it may be close to the word of God, it isn't necessarily to the letter.

11. Flame Mistress

Flame Mistress Well-Known Member

Old Testament or New Testament?

I think the Old Testament isn't really valid now for a Christian. I mean, that was before Jesus came.

12. Zevn

Zevn Lost in Translation

So you discount the faith of your own savior, based significantly on the words of his followers. Ever played telephone? Now imagine that happening over ~2k years.

13. Mr.Pokeman

Mr.Pokeman Classical Saxophone

I am very religious because I know God exists. It would be foolish to deny Him.

14. SugarFreeJazz

SugarFreeJazz not present

I am same with you. I think Jesus is better than sliced bread. oh and one time i sliced bread and i saw jesus's face on it i'm not kidding!

but yeah,... um, I think people should pray in whatever they believe in but Jesus is the way because if you pray to Jesus you go to heaven.

15. Zevn

Zevn Lost in Translation

Pride is a sin you know.

16. Mr.Pokeman

How was I showing pride?

17. GalladeX

GalladeX Well-Known Member

I'm an atheist because I know science is real. It would be foolish to deny it.

18. Syrus

Syrus Praise the Sun!

And this is where one of the greatest questions come into play; what IS there after death?

For me I gotta say I'm all belly up on a lot of things. I realise that once Atheism started to get a bandwagon going I tore myself away from that and actually decided to open myself up to some things because to be honest... I can't really say I know what's waiting for after death so I'm gonna wait until I see everything before I base my answer.

Unfortunately this is also another one of those posts with no real point to it but my own view so. XD

19. Mr.Pokeman

I agree that science is real and it would be foolish to deny it.

20. The Dragon Queen

The Dragon Queen Well-Known Member

I'm religious, but I'm open to scientific ideas like evolution and such. I believe religion and science can coexist and view them as complementary revelations of God.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.