1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Agnostic, Religious or Atheist

Discussion in 'Debate Forum' started by draya the dark master, Aug 10, 2011.

?

What are your beliefs???

1. Faithful (any religion/theism/deism will do)

122 vote(s)
    36.6%
  2. Agnostic (uncertainty; either in principle or in practice)

95 vote(s)
    28.5%
  3. Atheist (dont believe in any theism/deism)

116 vote(s)
    34.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charizardfan900

Charizardfan900 Charizard King!

I don't believe/follow everything in the bible.

But I worship the Christian God and believe that Jesus died form my sins.

2. Malanu

Malanu Est sularus oth mith

But what do you expect a Christian bible to say? I would assume most religions have it somewhere that our belief is the only way to get to heaven/reach spiritual enlightenment/ or become a 23 lvl arch wizard!

3. 7 tyranitars

7 tyranitars Well-Known Member

If you are a muslim you would know that Allah is simply the Arabic word for God. Also isn't pride a sin.. even in the Islam?

You shouldn't hate religious people, you don't even know them, there are some friendly people among them. Besides hating is a rather 'strong' word. Also what religion do you hate? As not every religion is the same.

4. Charizardfan900

Charizardfan900 Charizard King!

True, but I'm not the kind of Christian who follows the teachings of the bible blindingly.

I believe that if your good in life, you get into Heaven. If your bad you go to Hell. Of course I believe in praying for forgiveness (I often do it). But I also believe if someone doesn't believe in God is truly sorry and guilty about something in life, then God would forgive them.

5. Malanu

That would be a god I could believe in.

6. Zevn

Zevn Lost in Translation

If you have depraved desires but you never act on them: Are you evil with impeccable self control, or are you good?

7. Malanu

Deep down most of us have those dark thoughts. If we never act upon them then we are good people.

8. 7 tyranitars

7 tyranitars Well-Known Member

Good and bad are both subjective, there are no good or bad people there is only a matter of perspective.

9. Zevn

Zevn Lost in Translation

I'm going to beat you to death with Daybreak by Friedrich Nietzche.

No, not actually a threat, but I want to.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2012
  10. Malanu

Ohhh I love a good philosopher.

11. Zevn

Zevn Lost in Translation

He's wrong though.

With the emergence of consciousness comes the possibility of evil. Inflicting suffering on another being is bad(evil).

I really hate Nihilists, denying terms and definitions doesn't mean they don't exist. Some of commonly accepted morality is arbitrary, but some of it is symbiotic with the existence of consciousness.

12. Malanu

The thing about philosophy is you don't have to be right or wrong to conciser the possibilities. And how wrong is he? I am a good person, who will do whatever it takes to protect my friends and family from harm.

13. Zevn

Zevn Lost in Translation

I didn't say there were not grey areas, I said that denying the existence of evil is incorrect.

14. ellie

ellie Δ Staff Member Admin

oh hey look a thread bumped from like four months ago

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.