• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Agnostic, Religious or Atheist

What are your beliefs???

• Faithful (any religion/theism/deism will do)

Votes: 122 36.6%
  • Agnostic (uncertainty; either in principle or in practice)

Votes: 95 28.5%
  • Atheist (dont believe in any theism/deism)

Votes: 116 34.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Atheist, I guess. I don't believe in God, but I do believe in the supernatural/paranormal, if that makes a difference.

Ai7iS

Head Forum Moderator
I honestly don't care.... Religion bores me, and I don't care about "after-life". Every religion has it's flaws, but I don't care what people believe in, as long as they don't try to make it a topic in every conversation. I don't see it as something I need to worry about now, and I don't think some "nice supreme-being" would send me to a so called hell because I didn't spend my life worshipping, and I don't need a religion to prevent me from going on a psychotic rampage.

I guess that makes me Agnosticish.

Last edited:

Reign G

Roggen and Rolan
Athiest religion never made sence to me.
Atheism isn't a religion. It's the lack of religion.
Anyone who doesn't believe in a deity of any form, be it the Judeo-Christian God, the Hindu Gods, the Greek or Norse Gods, or whatever else, is atheist.

ChedWick

I'm agnostic. I don't believe that any religion currently being practiced is from the word of any god said religion chooses to worship. I feel science has refuted many/all of the claims religious folk have made about the world but at the current time there are a lot of unanswered questions, many of which start with the big bang and everything before it so I'm open to the idea of there being higher beings that may have had a hand with the initial creation of our universe.

Ai7iS

Head Forum Moderator
Atheism isn't a religion. It's the lack of religion.
Anyone who doesn't believe in a deity of any form, be it the Judeo-Christian God, the Hindu Gods, the Greek or Norse Gods, or whatever else, is atheist.

Lol? Re-read and you will see that he isn't saying Atheism isn't a religion. He just using improper grammar....
Try reading it like this: I'm Atheist; religion never made sense to me.

Last edited:

Reign G

Roggen and Rolan
Lol? Re-read and you will see that he isn't saying Atheism isn't a religion. He just using improper grammar....
Try reading it like this: I'm Atheist; religion never made sense to me.
Ah. Okay, my mistake.

He should probably clear that up, then. That post is pretty awkwardly written.

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.
I believe that God exists purely because this would be pointless otherwise. Hypothetically if he didn't then I wouldn't care about it when I was dead because I wouldn't exist. But because I do believe in God, then I can live eternally in a better place.

Agnostic, people still worship god?

(Don't be a d!ck, people.)

The Red Thunder

Backwards thinking?
No, it's the belief that knowledge about gods is unobtainable.

Which is exactly why "it cannot be said for certain whether or not there is a god."

I believe that God exists purely because this would be pointless otherwise. Hypothetically if he didn't then I wouldn't care about it when I was dead because I wouldn't exist. But because I do believe in God, then I can live eternally in a better place.

Isn't that pretty greedy, to desire eternal life instead of making the most out of the life you've been given? Isn't it greedy to think you deserve some reward simply for doing what some church or some old book tells you to do? Are you really going to disregard every action you've taken while alive, and every impact you've made on every person you've met, and call it pointless, simply because the prospect of heaven no longer exists?

And, I can't think of the word for it, but you don't find it the least bit wrong to think that a life without god is not a life worth living, despite the fact that you are here, you are alive, and you have the ability to make the most of it if you so chose, with or without God?

Listen, if the only reason you believe in religion is for the sake of what happens after you're dead and gone, then it really makes me glad that I'm an atheist.

Last edited:

littlea53

Prince of Darkness
I'm... Complicated to say the least.

I am atheist, But I am very spiritual. I have a deep understanding of my soul and what-not. I believe that there are no coincidences and that everything happens for a reason. I believe in past lives and that in every life, you learn a lesson about life from some event that happens in your life. And after you learn that lesson of life and pass away, your soul gets sent into another body with all the knowledge of your past life's as a vessel to learn another lesson about life and pass it on to your next body.

So yea. Athiest.

Eidolos

Bug Maniac
I believe God (of any kind) is simply a concept a human has the option to turn to when the odds are against him/her. If you look back to years past, during the Roman era, the slaves looked to Christianity, believing that God would save them.

I do not believe an omnipotent being created us, but neither can I explain otherwise. Hell, I will turn to God myself, hoping that he changes something. So long as I can put my problem on His shoulders, just like everyone else. Makes it easier to put in perspective.

But other than that, I agree whole-heartedly with littlea53's statement.

Last edited:

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.
Isn't that pretty greedy, to desire eternal life instead of making the most out of the life you've been given? Isn't it greedy to think you deserve some reward simply for doing what some church or some old book tells you to do? Are you really going to disregard every action you've taken while alive, and every impact you've made on every person you've met, and call it pointless, simply because the prospect of heaven no longer exists?

And, I can't think of the word for it, but you don't find it the least bit wrong to think that a life without god is not a life worth living, despite the fact that you are here, you are alive, and you have the ability to make the most of it if you so chose, with or without God?

Listen, if the only reason you believe in religion is for the sake of what happens after you're dead and gone, then it really makes me glad that I'm an atheist.

This makes me sound rather like a movie villain, but...

It is my belief that if my life isn't eternal, then there's no point in living it, because it won't effect anything in the long run. I'm not being greedy - am I taking something from you? And did I ever say I followed the Bible, or Church? I believe in God, that's all.

Last edited:

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
I am a devout christian.
I go to church a lot (not the past 2 weeks, been too busy) but overall I see myself as a good christian.
I don't shove my views in other people's face, unless they really feel the need to shove their business up in mine.
I don't care what you believe, so as long as you believe in something. Your life is empty if you don't.

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
This makes me sound rather like a movie villain, but...

It is my belief that if my life isn't eternal, then there's no point in living it, because it won't effect anything in the long run. I'm not being greedy - am I taking something from you? And did I ever say I followed the Bible, or Church? I believe in God, that's all.

I live my life to enjoy myself, but at the same time try to make a difference when I see something wrong. I do have a bit of a desire to leave some kind of mark on society, but given that nothing lasts forever, that instinct comes behind having a good time and leaving the planet in a better condition than I came into it in. I disagree with the idea that something that isn't eternal doesn't have a point. On the contrary, the fact that even our universe as we know it is a temporary affair, not to mention our planet-- no matter what we do to preserve its fragile environment, lends a preciousness to it.

Kuraikarasu

Isn't that Dandy?
imma jew so.....yeah.... but i do believe in jesus as the man and that he did create chirstianity but not intentionally, he just wanted to reform judiasm at the time so it wouldhave more followers

and heck the way i see even if most athiests are right and there is no afterlife, i wouldn't regret spending most of my short life believing in a paradise after death i'd say it was a pretty nice thing to look forward to in the end even if it was a gamble...

ps no i am not very religious by ANY stretch of the imagination i haven't been to a church since i was 8, i do believe in evolution, and i will NEVER be Kosher i like ham to much... okay i some strange cross between a Christian and a Jew leave me alone -^-

Last edited:

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
Just earlier, I was getting mad over a video game, and my mom thought I said something bad against jews, and then I reasured her I said no such thing. ...Then I told her I was an atheist, and she reacted like it was a bad thing.

Kdude146

I am catholic and I do my best to live a good life I go to church when I can I think I should go more then I do but I do pray once a day before I go to sleep at night

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
I turned to God in about 2009 when I was recovering after a series of surgeries. Also for anger management and coping with grief. The Lord's Prayer was very good for that. And God proved a better confidant than a diary or journal. One where my insecurities and all my petty thoughts did not matter so much as what I actually felt and what I knew I needed to do during my regular life.

My idea is that angels, God, souls are completely irrational and separate from the physics, logic, or the flesh of our world. After spending so much time in a place where it is terribly clear that your body, brain, mind is all bendable and breakable, I consistantly have this belief that there is a core to our life that gives us that spark of humanity, aside from all the faculties that make us live, that can't be impacted by sickness or modern medicine.

Kuraikarasu

Isn't that Dandy?
^ now this is somthing i can agree with very elegantly stated by the way SunnyC ^_^

Last edited:

jacobii

Third Wheel in J#+IB
(Don't be a d!ck, people.)

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be to rude. I was just saying that the idea that people still worship god is a tad weird. What is this aceint Greece?

Status
Not open for further replies.