• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Agnostic, Religious or Atheist

What are your beliefs???

• Faithful (any religion/theism/deism will do)

Votes: 122 36.6%
  • Agnostic (uncertainty; either in principle or in practice)

Votes: 95 28.5%
  • Atheist (dont believe in any theism/deism)

Votes: 116 34.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Weez1990

Hyuck hyuck hyuck
I'm not religious at all. Religion never actually helped me, and instead pinned my friends and family against each other, so I just stopped believing in those things entirely.

If someone wants me to believe in religion, then God himself better come down to me, stare at me in the face, and tell me why my ex dumped me, then give me a comemorative halo.
Fair enough, but how does God have anything to do with your ex dumping you? Surely that's between you and them, especially since you have chosen to exclude God from your life.
Not trying to be disrespectful, just pointing it out.

then God himself better come down to me
God wants you come to Him out of free will. You have chosen not to be a in relationship with God, (which is your choice) and He respects that.

I'm not trying to flame or anything, and I respect your decisions, I'm just pointing out. :D

zeo5115

Dreamy Streamer
I myself am Agnostic, leaning more towards Atheism than religion. I don't care what you believe in, be it God or the Flying Spaghetti Monster, as long as you don't constantly preach to me, we'll be cool.

SlipKnoT

God wants you come to Him out of free will. [How do you know?]You have chosen not to be a in relationship with God, (which is your choice) and He respects that. [again, how do you know? Did god tell you? Do you know if god's ok with you speaking for him?]

I'm not trying to flame or anything, and I respect your decisions [if you really respect him, you could... I don't know, try not preaching to him, maybe?], I'm just pointing out. :D

Lol.* I don't really even care in this.* I just don't like the extreme people that call others morons for there beliefs etc..* That's basically what started me here.

If I really had to tell you about the principles, then you are stupid.* I wasn't exactly calling you stupid before, I was just saying you were being stupid.* Now, on the other hand, if the previous applies, I am calling you stupid.

Right now my thought on lugia is that either english isn't your first language, or you are very young. If it is neither of those, you shouldn't be talking about being a moron.

SunnyC, don't be stupid.

I agree with most, if not all of the points you've made, but you don't get to decry namecalling and call everyone you disagree with stupid. You're not changing anyone's mind, or doing fellow atheists/agnostics any favors, you're just being a bit of a dick, tbh.

SlipKnoT, what Weez1990 said was not "preaching" to him. He was debating calmly.

Do you consider it "preaching" for me to point out the difference?

Ai7iS

Head Forum Moderator
I agree with most, if not all of the points you've made, but you don't get to decry namecalling and call everyone you disagree with stupid. You're not changing anyone's mind, or doing fellow atheists/agnostics any favors, you're just being a bit of a dick, tbh.

I called her stupid because she is altering what I said. I normally wouldn't do that, but imo that is one of the most annoying things you can do in an debate. When someone does this to me, I will degrade them because they ruin a debate by killing it. No one wants to debate when someone is twisting around your words. Tbh, that isn't even debating

Edit: Lugia p deserved that for calling a person a moron for their beliefs.... Saying "no offense" doesn't change anything. Sunny C defended him, which I don't think she should have done. Now that I got that over with, I didn't call everyone I disagree with stupid, in fact, I wasn't saying anything that people believe in impossible, they just used the parts of religion that I find to be very flawed (which is basically everything the church makes up in Christianity).

Last edited:
I called her stupid because she is altering what I said. I normally wouldn't do that, but imo that is one of the most annoying things you can do in an debate. When someone does this to me, I will degrade them because they ruin a debate by killing it.

You shouldn't respond to degrading statements by using more insult and degradation. If you believe it is wrong, you shouldn't do it--religious or nonreligious.

Ai7iS

Head Forum Moderator
You shouldn't respond to degrading statements by using more insult and degradation. If you believe it is wrong, you shouldn't do it--religious or nonreligious.

Anyways, you should go back and read what I said. I said: Sunny C, don't BE stupid, as in act stupid. I wasn't calling her stupid until the later. I'm done defending myself here. If you all don't understand, then I don't really care.

Edit: As for lugia p, tbh, I don't really care about me being called stupid or moronic, but he is talking to a group of people. I am defending a group of people, whereas he is the only one I insulted in that arguement. I don't think this is wrong, especially when his arguements don't even make sense in the latter.

Last edited:

sanae

stop trying to be god ☆
I beleive in God and stuff (I'm a Methodist), but certain things I don't beleive happened. So I guess I'm agnostic.

Aegon

I'm atheist (not "athist", as the OP declares). I don't believe in any god, simple as. I see no truth in any of them, and would rather believe things with much proof behind them, rather than what is essentially a storybook.
I beleive in God and stuff (I'm a Methodist), but certain things I don't beleive happened. So I guess I'm agnostic.
You're still religious. If you were agnostic, you wouldn't have a religion, but would be open to the possibility of a deity.

Last edited:

Noheart

The Abysswalker
Agnostic.

Grey Wind

Agnostic. I won't say for definite that god is real, but I won't rule out the chance. I don't really listen to any religion either, I see no point.

I just felt like going and responding to an earlier post:

I don't believe. (Atheist)

I find those who are "PROUD" of their religion have failed before they have begun. Pride is a sin, look it up.

Finally those who truly believe, I admire. To have faith in something that cannot be proven and more importantly, walk the talk, earns my respect because they follow for the right reasons.
While there is definitely something to what you've said, there is a certain sense in which pride is acceptable, or maybe it would be better to say that a certain type of pride is acceptable. You know, like pride in being American. That sort of pride.

Ai7iS

Head Forum Moderator
I just felt like going and responding to an earlier post:

While there is definitely something to what you've said, there is a certain sense in which pride is acceptable, or maybe it would be better to say that a certain type of pride is acceptable. You know, like pride in being American. That sort of pride.

So you make up the rules now, huh?

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
So you make up the rules now, huh?

Well, in a sense the cardinal sins have to be open to some interpretation. In another sense, I think Malanu had a concrete point. A Christian without any ego for their nation, race, or even religious denomination, and just sole devotion to God would probably be ideal.

...but probably not practical for the average person. The whole idea behind Christianity is that Christ died for our sins, and that we can get redemption as long as we pray for it, so I imagine we would be forgiven for our earthly attachments.

zapteryx

I'm always there...
When I was young, I went to a primary school in which Christianity was encouraged and taught (if you can 'teach' religion) fairly regularly. At the time, I didn't think much of it, being very young, but at the age of about 11, I began reading about science and watching programmes about whether or not a 'god' really exists. Shortly after, I began to think about it in detail, and the combination of all these factors caused me to become Atheist, as I cannot fathom how a 'god' could exist or create the world the way he supposedly did.

Also, although I don't deny that Jesus existed, there is no proof that he was able to perform the miracles, or be resurrected.

Well, in a sense the cardinal sins have to be open to some interpretation. In another sense, I think Malanu had a concrete point. A Christian without any ego for their nation, race, or even religious denomination, and just sole devotion to God would probably be ideal.

...but probably not practical for the average person. The whole idea behind Christianity is that Christ died for our sins, and that we can get redemption as long as we pray for it, so I imagine we would be forgiven for our earthly attachments.
Well, I agree that ego is bad. Perhaps I just expressed it very poorly, but I was trying to indicate a difference between being proud of something perfectly legitimate (like I'm proud of my country) and being proud of self, i.e., "I'm so great!" The latter would be wrong because I'm not so great, but the former is good because my country is great.

I also agree that devotion to God comes first and foremost. I strive to love God with my whole heart, soul, mind, and strength. This, of course, still leaves room for me to love people, and other good things, and to be proud of them when they do what is right, etc.

What I was saying might also be about thinking, "Oh, look how well I did!" You know, tooting one's own horn. This is very different from trying to do quality work that you can say, "I worked on this, and I can stand behind my work."

ladendar

Little munchkinz
Well, think about it. If there werent people who are christians and had a sense of whats wrong and right, imagin how chatastrophic this planet would be :p

Status
Not open for further replies.