• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ah.... Windows Media Player 11

The only thing different I see here is that they added an iTunes music store but called it something else. Congratulations, Microsoft, you've finally caught along after about 5 years!

Thanks for the information, i like media players, but i rarely install betas. THe reason microosft gives so many betas, is so we can be gini pigs, we break our comps due to unstabble betas, and microsoft gets more money because have to get more windows systems.

MS

I'm A Potato said:
Thanks for the information, i like media players, but i rarely install betas. THe reason microosft gives so many betas, is so we can be gini pigs, we break our comps due to unstabble betas, and microsoft gets more money because have to get more windows systems.

Betas dont always lead to system breakdown :/. And if you do get a operating system breakdown, then you can always use the Install CD provided by your OEM or by the Windows Retail Box.

I don't think that's unfair, Microsoft has a chance to upgrade their OS every single year, yet they decide to spend some time to copy a hit idea... Sorry... that a no-no for me.

MS

All comes down to Microsoft Windows vs Mac OSX doesn't it? ;/ You can't properly compare the two- both are designed for different purposes, based on different cores, etc. They cannot go releasing a new OS every single year. Think of how the OEM's will suffer. They'll have to constantly switch OSes. Same for developers, programmers, etc. :/ It's just hard for new OSes to come out every 1-2 years. Look at OSX, there is always a 1-2 year time period between versions. And technically it isn't copying. iTunes Music Store was not the first to be put online and won't be the last. It's basically the latest "fad" as you may call it :p.

Trip

Former Staff Member
Latios said:
Why would someone want something not user friendly? I don't know, but ask the millions of Linux users, who use the most user unfriendly OS I've seen.

I know responding to this will go somewhat off-topic, but as a full-time Fedora Core Linux user, I felt like jumping in here.

It's most definitely not the most user-friendly OS out there, though I wouldn't call it the worst (I can't manage to get X to even start on any of the BSDs I've tried).

I use it because it's an open operating system. It puts me in control--I can control what runs and what doesn't, how everything functions, what's installed, etc. Windows gives very little control and Apple is less restrictive than Windows but moreso than Linux (from what I can tell).

I use Linux because it doesn't support DRM. I use Linux because it is free (as in free beer). I use Linux because it is Free (as in Free Speech).

I use Linux because it is different. I use Linux to BE different. I use Linux for its added security. I use Linux because it is a challenge. I use Linux because I enjoy tinkering with my system.

Some people think that Linux should try to compete as a major player with Apple and Windows. I agree only to the extent that it will not get decent hardware and software support until it has a decent userbase.

But other than that, I personally would be happy to see Linux remain a hobbyist OS. I find Linux to be easy to use myself, but then I find the command line to be easier to use than a GUI in many cases.

- Trip