• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*Ahem* NOW that the PWC is officially over, what’s your final thoughts?

NPT

Just a member
I liked it for the most part. Highlights were Ash vs Korrina, Leon putting Alain in garbage bin his place, Cynthia vs Iris, Ash vs Cynthia, Dawn's appearance, and Ash vs Leon.

Last edited:

Soniman

Break the Limit
A lot of people are handwaving all the problems with it overall because of the last two battles (which themselves have their fair share of problems), and that's just not how it works.
I mean 1) id almost always rather a arc end strongly/start badly then the opposite (yes it should be good the entire time obviously I’m just saying if one was preferable I choose that one), 2) considering the two battles in question were by far the most important to get right, AND took up half the episodes of the arc anyway and they turned out at least good, it’s no wonder some people were more forgiving towards it. Not EVERYONE, in fact most people I’ve seen here on COULDNT get past the subpar first half to enjoy the rest of it, which is why I think it’s funny and totally off base to call it overrated just because a few people didn’t hate it the entire thing

Damerdal

[Dam]n h[er] Gan[dal]f!
Theory: I think the writers deliberately chose to not have Paul compete in the PWC. Paul was very much Ash's foil. As Cynthia mused after their battle in DP, it would have been inevitable that both trainers would have faced off in the end (of the Champions League). It saved face for his character to be not be a fall guy for Leon.

Alain being the fall guy made more sense, as his Charizard was propped as this raid boss badass all of XY, only to get smacked by Leon's in the Masters Eight. This made Ash's later victory with Pikachu that much more impressive.

SkyBlaze9125

about the Master 8. Things that disappoint me the most on each character.

Leon: the fact that he swept Diantha offscreen.

Cynthia: not Mega Evolving Garchomp or not giving Garchomp a diversr moveset

Steven: ?

Lance: leaving after his match is over

Diantha: her getting swept

Alain: not using his old mons beside Charizard

Iris: not using any new mons

Ash: not using old mons.

So, I don’t really have a problem with Steven

SkyBlaze9125

- Hydreigon vs. Tyranitar
- Hydreigon vs Weavile
- Druddigon vs Weavile
-Druddigon vs Chestanaught
- Archeops vs Unfezant
-Archeops vs Kingambit
-Aggron vs Kingambit
- Druddigon vs Charizard
- Haxorus vs Kingambit
- Lapras (G-Max) vs Charizard (Mega)
- Haxorus vs Charizard (Mega)

Is how I think Iris v Alain would have gone

STICKTOPIA

Battle Frontier, which I think is comparable to PWC. I think they made the stakes feel realistic and challenging, and also brought back Ash's reserves.
At least ash USED his reserves in the battle frontier. I wish they did it here too

RetroPokeFan

Even with the fantastic ending, I still think this idea was unfortunately wasted.

It's disappointing too since I feel like they should have gone all out with something like the PWC/World Coronation Series but instead it was a giant mixed bag with some good battles, some boring and one that was just god-awful all around.

The Masters Eight was at least a little better even if it too had some bizarre moments here and there (like wasting nearly an entire episode searching for some kid's Pokémon I couldn't care less about) and it was able to end on a very very very good note.

Depending on how things go and if I haven't jumped ship, I'm hoping whatever Ash does next is executed far better than this.

As an extra bonus, here's a list of Ash's battles I enjoyed the most to the least:

1: Leon
2: Volkner
3: Visquez
4: Cynthia
5: Marnie
6: Rinto
7: Bea (round 2)
8: Iris
9: Oliver
10: Korrina
11: Bea (round 1)
12: Raihan
13: Dozer
14: Bea (round 3)
15: Kricketina Kylie
16: Tie between Hayden, Tony and Lob
17: Drasna

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Even with the fantastic ending, I still think this idea was unfortunately wasted.

It's disappointing too since I feel like they should have gone all out with something like the PWC/World Coronation Series but instead it was a giant mixed bag with some good battles, some boring and one that was just god-awful all around.

The Masters Eight was at least a little better even if it too had some bizarre moments here and there (like wasting nearly an entire episode searching for some kid's Pokémon I couldn't care less about) and it was able to end on a very very very good note.

Depending on how things go and if I haven't jumped ship, I'm hoping whatever Ash does next is executed far better than this.

As an extra bonus, here's a list of Ash's battles I enjoyed the most to the least:

1: Leon
2: Volkner
3: Visquez
4: Cynthia
5: Marnie
6: Rinto
7: Bea (round 2)
8: Iris
9: Oliver
10: Korrina
11: Bea (round 1)
12: Raihan
13: Dozer
14: Bea (round 3)
15: Kricketina Kylie
16: Tie between Hayden, Tony and Lob
17: Drasna
Just curious about your opinion on why Bea round 3 is that low.

Aside sirfetch'd's pointless defeat just to give pikachu a win and lucario's free win against grapploct, I mean.

SatoSereFan224888

Glad Ash won. I feel like after he beat Leon, he should have been replaced as main character. At least Ash would have gone out on top.

Last edited: