• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Aiding the Enemy! (568)

magicallypuzzled

this episode was awesome i cann't wait for the version i can actually understand even so i loved this episode it was also very cool seeing cynthia defend against solarbeam witha rock type move.

TeddiUrsa

I really liked this episode. Kinoshita´s art still looks below-mediocre in many scenes, but the battle between Turtwig and the Crow didn´t look to bad too be honest. It wasn´t special, had a lot of reused scenes etc. but I didn´t think "man, that looks horrible and/or forceless" like Takeda´s episode a week ago.

Looking at the plot...man, I did feel bad for Grotle..poor thing. TeddiUrsa ist traurig... :( It really was something special with all its speed and it was proud of it, nevertheless it lost all of this...the teary eyes-scene almost broke my weak,german heart...

Shinji had a few really nice scenes this episode. Like how he was watching Satoshi´s training, his chit-chat with Takeshi, Torterra and Shinji in the woods at night etc.
I pull a Cyber here and say that it is nice that finally a rival is done right, unlike Shigeru in Jotho.

Oh, I almost forgot to say how much I liked the interaction of all of the Pokémon ad night. Seeing Satoshi´s other Pokémon trying to comfort Grotle or talking too each other after waking up was very nice. We get scenes like these normally in episodes which are centered about funny Pokémon interaction, so it was kinda cool to see it in a "normal" episode.
It really would be nice to see the subtitles return,...

I laughed at the potential mass muk on Orchid orgy at the end of the episode...hey, Hanako and Muk is all Orchid needs to be a happy man.

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Grotle actually gave me the impression of a personality, which is a good sign. I knew I would probably like Grotle so I'm glad to see I'm right.

uber gon

Accept Change
Hopefully we'll get to see some unique attacks offensively and defensively in the future.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
^_^ Finally ash's turtwig evolves after all that hard work he desrves it ^_^... question: did ash get the hearthome city badge? in japan yet?

DEMONCAMERUPT

;ord of pokebattles
did anyone else notice that it took Turtwig 96 eps to evolve? that the same number of eps it took for Ash's Grovyle to evolve to sceptile.

Araleon

Chill
^^ Actually, they both took 95, and yea, I pointed it out in the speculation thread.

And Treecko's amount to Grovyle is Turtwig -> Grotle's flipped.(59)

Wait a minute!

Paul willingly helped Ash? Well, Grotle? Wow... And every figured Torterra would help Grotle, and he did. Cool.

It was Ash's Gliscor using Sandstorm? Or did Staravia Whirlwind his/her Sand-Attack?

kpt25

Steel type trainer
Good episode overall!
I felt bad for Grotle for losing his speed,but Torterra sure showed him how to tank using Gliscor as example.Grotle trying to be fast with all that extra weight kinda touched me Go Grotle! ;388;
*runs to the speculation for 101* ;395;

I'm surprised. This was actually a good episode and one of my favourites so far. Even with Kinoshita's animation.

Grotle kinda pulled at my heartstrings during the fight with Honchkrow. Falling over every other second, incapable of movement. It was quite sad really.

But at least this means he now has a personality! Hooray!

Also it was good to see Gliscor finally doing something good! And was that a new animation for Discharge? And was Swinub using Ice Shard or AncientPower, because it kinda looked like MEGA.Yanma's AncientPower.

And with that, I leave you with my favourite example of bad drawing from this episode. Aside from the 2-D Weavile that is.

[IMG139]http://img238.imageshack.us/my.php?image=crapanimationta8.png[/IMG139]

EDIT: Can anyone else see the picture? Because I can't.

Squaaah

Awww i was really hoping that Grotle would pull out a victory. Still, the emotional story was worth it! It was nice to see Paul trying to help Ash rather then hindering him. Shows hes more then just a dick we all thought he was at the beggining.
I said it before, but Grotle is totally adorable! I want one!

Nah. If he appears in too many episodes, he's gonna get kinda boring.

*Points at Team Rocket.*

I heartilly agree with you, sir. Part of what makes Pauls episodes so good is that their infrequent. If they appeared too often we'd get bored of them. Personally i prefer them this way.

This brings Ash and Pauls score record too: Ash 0-2-2 Paul.

....Gutted Ash.

By the way, was the Badge Paul showed off the Fantina badge? I cant remember what the Sinnoh Badges look like.

And finally, looks like Ash is definatly going for the Buizel, Chimchar and Pikachu line up for Fantina. I was SO hoping Gliscor would get a looks in, but it looks like its doomed too minimum battling :(! At least Chimchars gonna get some action. I hope it gets a decent go, and I'm hoping this is Pikachu's last gym battle till the 8th battle.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I honestly dont care about Gliscor missing out on the Fantina battle anymore. It was awesome in this episode, and next its going up against Jun! w00t!!

I wonder if Paul actually had a bit of trouble with Fantina. Sure he's got the badge, but maybe he actually had to try this time. (Unless he's got some new psychic type that we will only see in a flashback in one of the next 2 episodes).

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Aaron, struggling with his disformed and seemingly paralyzed figure in the previous episode due to Takeda's stellar ability to utilize the minimum number of frames per second that the PAL standard enables, now gets a second chance.

The bad news is that he then got stuck in the hands of Kinoshita, effectively cutting off thirty pounds from his already-stick-like figure. But hey, that's what happens when you battle Cynthia's highly trained Gastrodon using the Beautifly you just reuinited with and haven't had time to train it worth jack.

Seriously, that's as far as I got through the episode before my computer oddly stopped playing any Youtube videos or streaming from any other site. So, merely rating the three minutes I saw - including the minute-and-a-half intro - I'd have to give this episode three quatloos out of five rupees. It needed some more razzmatazz, but had enough periwinkle to keep me tickled pink.

Equally meaningless comments on the other 20 minutes some other time, I suppose.

turtle twig

Can anyone fully translate Paul's dialogue in this episode? I know that's asking a lot (and I can only hope for a subbed episode on YouTube). I'm just curious, because I just saw it, and I can't tell if he actually told Torterra to talk to Grotle, especially after he called both Ash and Grotle "useless" (yes, I can tell he said that in Japanese).

uber gon

Accept Change
So apparently Torterra's tree can be cut like a bonzai tree. Cool.:)

Heh, maybe Grotle will evolve too and learn Frenzy Plant later on. Well that, or Superpower.

csisps_26

Roark <3
I really need to get this cleared. Stabberz told me Paul asked Torterra to help Grotle. But someone else in some other place told me Torterra helped Grotle on his own will. So... which one, exactly? @.@

sweet_piplup123

I lost the game?!?!
Team Rocket over there trimming Torterra's tree was freaking hilarious! :D

csisps_26

Roark <3
sweet_piplup123 - Yeah. & I thought Paul wouldn't even care to let them do anything. I mean, come on. Paul? Letting someone pamper his Pokemon? Not right... Or maybe he was like... "Whatever."???

Anybody here had any idea what Paul said to Torterra near the ending???

& I <3 that piece of music playing when Grotle was training. Aww... makes me want to go comfort it. {^_^}

Last edited: