• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Aiding the Enemy! (568)

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
You see, to me, that strikes me as similar to refusing to spell a Pokemon's name a certain way because it doesn't conform to your "tastes", which happened frequently after many English names were revealed. Not knowing how to pronounce it correctly in the first place is one think and is pretty understandable, but once you learn the correct method, it strikes me as pretty arrogant to continue sticking to your guns of how it "makes sense" to you.

Apparently I have been pronouncing Grotle the right way, then. Was a little unsure. I didn't watch this episode dubbed, but how would you folks describe the dub voice of one "Godfather" Honchkrow? Granted, I don't truly care, but I do recall Murkrow's shrieking dub voice pretty clearly and am wondering if they used the same pitch except with "Honch" slapped onto it.

Mario-Sonic

Former NSider
Shame that Grotle can no longer rely on speed now. At least Paul's Torterra showed Grotle that speed is not everything in a battle.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
I didn't watch this episode dubbed, but how would you folks describe the dub voice of one "Godfather" Honchkrow?
It's basically Munchlax's voice without the rasp, so if I were to describe it, I'd go with 'run o' the mill guy shouting out 'Honchkrow' for 5 minutes'.

Which, of course, is the embodiment of the modern day mafia.

Granted, I don't truly care
But you asked. You asked. God dammit man, you can't hide what's inside! Let your true feelings be known!

Shinneth

Fail-Leader!
So this might be a surprise considering the giant-as-crap story I'm writing was largely inspired by this episode (it originally aired like when, the end of October? The fic began November 2nd)... but I never saw this episode raw or subbed. So yeah, I WAS GOING OFF SYNOPSIS AND HEARSAY THIS WHOOOOOLE TIME.

That being said, this was an adorable little episode now. Team Rocket made me WTF a bit because trimming the hedges of Torterra whut. lol. Paul, that's so metro of you. I expected Grotle's voice to be a bit lower, but what really bugged me was the pronunciation of Grotle, of course... but Grotle's hardly the first case I've had with this. I've disagreed with their pronunciations of Mismagius and Hippopotas and Altaria and god knows what else too, so it's all like whatev to me now.

But I have to say I generally liked the episode, for Paul calling out on Ash's hypocrisy, for EPIC BATTLE FRONTIER FORESHADOWING, for Grotle angst and Torterra NOT being a douchebag (I was a Turtwig-chooser in Diamond, so I'm biased!)... Dawn's "WTF'S WRONG WITH YOU?!" reactions were pretty funny too.

It was all so very delicious. Oh yeah, and Aaron phails. Hahahaha.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. I liked the waking-up-everyone-scene. Particularly Brock's part. Because Anime Hand Banana owns him forever.

Last edited:

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This episode was cool. It was cool to see a Sky Attack and Night Slash attacks. Nice to see Ash’s Turtwig evolve into Grotle. Funny how Croagunk woke Brock up with Poison Jab. I was a little surprised that Paul’s Torterra went out of his way to help Ash’s Grotle; something Paul would never do.

Linkdarkside

i liked the episode.

but i still dont know how turwig is that fast wend he is suposed to be slow.

and the thing about Grotle was it slow? or was it that he did not knew how to use his new body.

Ash Team looking pretty awesome so far.

halloweenghost

The first time we hear Grotle's dub voice did anyone laugh at such an underwhelming scene. There's this big dramatic scene of Turtwig evolving and it got ruined by the underwhelming voice of Grotle's dub voice. I laughed so hard because it was the funniest thing ever. I'm thinking it was intentional (okay unintentional, but still). There's nothing quite like the dub.

I swear every time we hear Grotle, it's like someone pointing out what the Pokemon is as if we didn't know. Okay I'm done ripping on Jimmy Zoppi or Billy Beach (whomever you want to choose).

Other than some weird moments, it was okay, not as good as the original but it was okay.

no can't say that i did laugh.

Yellow Aura

Light of Hope
Finaly Turtwig gets an evolution! Sad it doesn't have speed anymore. Otherwise I was dissapointed with the battle between Ash and Paul. Even thought Turtwig- I mean Grotle lost it speed, now it has a new stratigy! Waiting for the right moment to attack!

Tf5174

I like this esiode and i want to see it again.
but i was hopping we will get to see magmar in action against chimchar.

csisps_26

Roark <3
I'm okay with this episode. I had already watched the RAW, so I knew what was to come. Grotle's voice sound no different when compared to Turtwig. At least that's what I think. Overall, this episode's pretty good.

About the pronunciation, I've got no problem with it. I don't see why people are complaining about the pronunciation. What's done is done. Get over it.

~Silver Aura~

Back...ish
I liked this episode it's cool Turtwig evolved but I'm gonna miss the little guy. Yay Torterra has a heart :). I also liked how Piplup and Turtwig defended Chimchar.

milenadrg

Wow, that was pretty interesting episode. The scene of Turtwig evoloving was awesome. Paul and Torterra were cool, too...

ash_forever

Greatest Hero
(My review is a bit delayed this time because I could watch the episode only now.)

Wow, I'm really impressed! What a great episode!
I even think that we are being spoiled a bit at the moment with so many fantastic episodes airing one after another. hehe, but frankly, I don't mind if they keep on spoiling us in the future. :D

First of all, CYNTHIA, my QUEEN, appeared again! Even though it was only for a few seconds, I was over the moon about it!
That's not all: What Ash, Dawn and Brock said about her, that Aaaron barely had a change and that she is bound to keep her title for a long time, made me jump with joy! Just fantastic!- Queen Cynthia forever!

Then, of course, this great dynamic and rivalry between Ash and Paul. The latter one is slowly but surely revealing more and more secrets about him and his goals. By doing so, he is becoming kinda more understandable and "human".
Moreover, he has lost a bit of his reservedness and seems to be more approachable as he now actually talks to Brock and Ash longer, more frequently, and on his own initiative. Great!

lol at Team Rocket doing everything for money! They even didn't mind that arrogant Paul bellyached about their work-speed, just to prevent themselves from ending up penniless. Poor guys :D
Well, and there actually appears to be a currency in the Pokemon World. Interesting! Considering that there have only been few hints of money so far, I've been wondering whether everything is actually free in that wolrd. (well at least treatment in a Pokemon Center seems to be free)

YES! The longed-for Turtwig evolution finally came true!
As I myself chose the little green tortoise as my starter in Pokemon Diamond (and Chimchar in Platinum now), I have quite a deep affection for it and am overjoyed that he evolved in the end. I do hope that it'll get the same role as in the games and become a massive powerhouse or rather the wall in Ash's team! So, I'm all geared up to follow its development.

And last but not least, we had that awesome and generous Torterra of Paul.
Like Ash rightly said, you mustn't judge a Pokemon by its trainer. This remark hit the nail on its head today! An amazing tactial lesson by a kind-hearted Torterra. And all this appeared even more impressive due to the nightly surroudings.

An almost flawless episode whci unboutedly is worth watching again, so
8 points +1 additional Cynthia <3333 bonus point = 9 out of 10 points!

Have you spotted an error? I did!
I feel sorry for grotle. It cant go fast anymore.

So, that is sky attack! Looks cool for haunchkrow.(Spelling)

Ahh!!
They should've had more on the Cynthia/Aaron battle.
I really wanted to see all the action....

Pretty decent episode overall.
The only downside is that Turtwig can't bite people anymore...
but at least Ash has a big Pokemon now.
Woohoo~!

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Why was Jessie like "Ridgid just like you James?" James is the biggest PANSYBOY I have ever seen! He is soooo not ridgid!