• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Aiding the Enemy! (568)

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
One could argue that Paul's Torterra was making Ash's Grotle stronger, which was a threat to Paul himself because Ash was his rival. That's why I don't think this episode's plot made much sense. Why help your enemy y'know?

Why do you think Paul never really used Torterra again? It helped someone he considered weak.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
One could argue that Paul's Torterra was making Ash's Grotle stronger, which was a threat to Paul himself because Ash was his rival. That's why I don't think this episode's plot made much sense. Why help your enemy y'know?

It's not as though Ash's Grotle even got that big of a boost here tbh. Even with the help he had, he only improved his mobility and skills slightly.

Leonhart

Imagineer
What I found so refreshing about this episode was how Shinji and Satoshi once again crossed paths, yet we didn't get a long, dramatic battle. I was glad to see them mostly keep out of each other's way, and Satoshi's Hayashigame received plentiful development thanks to Shinji's Dodaitose. I also liked seeing Shirona's televised match with Ryou.

Vulpicks

I wish we got to see the score in Aaron's battle against Cynthia! Hopefully he was able to take down at least a couple of her Pokemon lol.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I wish we got to see the score in Aaron's battle against Cynthia! Hopefully he was able to take down at least a couple of her Pokemon lol.

I think he was skilled enough to defeat a few of her Pokemon at least, and I do wonder why his match with Shirona was even shown in passing if we didn't get to see how well Ryou did.

Daizy

I call you honey
The episode itself was quite good. We got some nice character development and Paul continues to kick ass. A big surprise to me was how Paul's Magmar was shown, but not his Electabuzz or Ursaring. And poor Grotle.

Leonhart

Imagineer
In hindsight, I wonder if it would've been more in-character of Shinji if he had had a problem with his Dodaitose mentoring Satoshi's Hayashigame given that they were meant to be rivals, and Satoshi getting help from him indirectly was counter productive to said rivalry.

Zamin

It was cool to see Turtwig evolve and the episode was interesting as it goes to show evolution can be difficult for a Pokemon when their attributes change.

It was cool of Paul's Torterra to help out Ash's Pokemon.

RafaSceptile

I like the use of AG OPJ3 and AG EDJ01 as background music, but I don't like that Turtwig evolved especially after knowing what is going to happen with him.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Good episode. I liked seeing Cynthia battle Aaron, even if it was on TV, and the indication of one of Aaron's Pokemon actually defeating Garchomp. I felt sorry for Grotle when it lost to Honchkrow, but it was cool to see Torterra teach Grotle how to deal with the speed loss.
7/10

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
Turtwig, Rest In Peace.

This episode is so kino. Paul was so good this ep, you get to see a side of him that before this hadn’t been featured to this extent. Of course the infamous orange juice, but he was still himself while also being more chill and understanding; letting his Pokémon relax outside and opening up to Brock a bit. Getting quick followup as to why Reggie doesn’t have the Brave Symbol and why Paul resents him for it was very interesting for their relationship and great setup for Brandon. It’s also quite cute that we get to see how he definitely favors and loves Torterra, it doesn’t have to be said but it can be seen from how he gets TR to trim its tree, praises it and even lets it go help Grotle. It’s his starter after all yes, but it adds to getting the audience to understand him further.

Everytime Paul brings up Ash being a hypocrite he doesn’t really retort back, like he’s aware of it and can’t say anything lol. Ash not wanting to rely on Blaze is crucial for what’s to come and his character, this whole battle was really. Grotle losing its speed and Ash still pushing it to dodge showed his immaturity still, wasn’t until Honchkrow KO’d and Paul berated him for not taking into account Grotle’s new traits he even realized what was going on. Ash does recognize this later, but Torterra being the one to help Grotle on its own accord was very nice and shed more light on the variety of the personalities in Paul’s team.

While Torterra does get mistreated and the jobbing gets to be a letdown, I think the premise of Grotle being known for its speed and suddenly being handicapped by factors outside of its control was very solid and something new for Ash’s ‘mons. Disappointing this wasn’t completely followed through with in a satisfying way, but I see the initial attempt.

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
Nurse Joy told him Chimchar needed to rest. He sent it out to battle regardless. Cynthia also told him that making sure his pokemon are okay is a trainers first responsibility. He didn’t care about Chimchar’s health and I don’t know how that doesn’t constitute some form of abuse.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
Nurse Joy told him Chimchar needed to rest. He sent it out to battle regardless. Cynthia also told him that making sure his pokemon are okay is a trainers first responsibility. He didn’t care about Chimchar’s health and I don’t know how that doesn’t constitute some form of abuse.
He did this specifically to bring out it's inner power (Blaze), without this he wouldn't have even bothered capturing it in the first place and if he did it wouldn't have received as much attention and extra training that it did in early DP.

RafaSceptile

He did this specifically to bring out it's inner power (Blaze), without this he wouldn't have even bothered capturing it in the first place and if he did it wouldn't have received as much attention and extra training that it did in early DP.
Again, that does not change the fact that it is borderline abuse. You are only mentioning his reasoning as to why he abused Chimchar in some way