• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Aiding the Enemy! (568)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Turtwig, Grotle...and Torterra!

Travelling back to Hearthome City, Ash & Co. bump into Paul. Ash is eager to show up Paul and beat him so he challenges him to a battle. Using Turtwig in battle, Turtwig evolves when the goings get tough. However, after evolving, it loses its speed and thus its confidence. Will Grotle manage to get it back?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

dman_dustin

It was sad seeing Grotle try and move and all it could do is fall. But thankfully Paul's Torterra told it to work on it's defense; Torterra took multiple hits from Ash's Gliscor without taking damage (or any noticeable damage). Then Torterra uses frenzy plant but stops before hitting Gliscor.

Even though I couldn't understand it, I really liked this episode.

Stabberz

The RPG Godfather
I'm So Sorry anyway from the pics i've seen it looks like a very good episode but then Dp 100 has to be pretty Special doesn't it

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
The image hosting site had some problem because of which i was only able to post these 4 pics of the episode (& the reason why it took a bit of more time for me to post),
[IMG139]http://i37.*******.com/11hqes8.jpg[/IMG139][IMG139]http://i38.*******.com/o5thes.jpg[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://i33.*******.com/vnjleh.jpg[/IMG139][IMG139]http://i36.*******.com/21awriq.jpg[/IMG139]

Stabberz

The RPG Godfather
Awww Grotle Cried and TR have a new Job this is their advertisement

Do you have a Torterra with a big Bush well we Here at Team Rocket will Cut It for a very Cheap price and this week only we are Cutting Prices (James Comes on and Slices the word Prices in half) to at least half price so come quickly

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Hayashigame sounds nothing like Naetle, which is largely disapointing to tell the truth. If there were anything unique about it's previous form, it had to be the voice. Right now, Hayashigame sounds a lot like Ishitsubute (Geodude), though I suppose it works. And it does say 'Hi-YAH', so there's a little pay-dirt. Pun intended.

I missed a large portion of this due to the wonders of Daylight Savings, but I did tune in just in time for the evolution and Honchkrow cawing.
Turtwig never really made me feel anything besides slight indifference or boredom, bar perhaps the tag tornament where it defended Chimchar, so the scene with Grotle trying his hardest to speed around like he used to came as a surprise. I wouldn't say it was heartbreaking, that'd be too strong a word, but it was rather sad, and I did feel genuinely sorry for him. Especially when his eyes began to well with tears. Yes sir, that was the clincher.

Torterra coming across as a nice guy and advising Grotle on how to rely on a defensive strategy was welcome, even if I personally found it a little strange. I've always pegged it as a blustering jerk by default, and case in point, I totally expected it to whip Gliscor with those Frenzy Plant vines. Oh Gravy, why must you overlook the obvious? I suppose my previous perception of the moving (or rather, immobile) continet were more Shinji's fault.

I hope a few more of his other pokémon get their own little moments in the future, though I'd rather there be a slightly (read: slightly) more antagonistic relationship in the future.

Stabberz

The RPG Godfather
Grotle trying to Speed around sounds Funny but I think That the Writers(Stupid *******) Should give Grotle a new move or two

dman_dustin

Grotle trying to Speed around sounds Funny but I think That the Writers(Stupid *******) Should give Grotle a new move or two

they just might, Grotle won't be able effectively use tackle. Razor Leaf or Energy ball seems the likely choice to battle with, so they might give it a move down the road.

Stabberz

The RPG Godfather
yeah Like Leaf Storm Maybe but i think Crunch would be good you know to take out Pokemon When they came up Close to him

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Ah. so I was right in saying that we would have a Grotle/Torterra relationship. It was kind of obvious, given the title, but I was hoping that we would see repercussions from Paul upon seeing Torterra help Grotle out. I hope these relationships continue...it would serve as a nice sub-plot as we head into the Ash/Paul battle in the Sinnoh League.

Since it's now a move tutor move in Platinum, maybe we can see Earth Power from Grotle. : D That would be nice.

Edit;;
For those who start bashing me for there not being move tutors in the anime, I'm saying Satoshi sees it being used and decides to have Grotle learn it, like he does for all of those random attacks.

Last edited:

Stabberz

The RPG Godfather
Yeah Because We Probably wont see a Torterra for Ash so no Earthqauke which means Grotle will need a Special Move

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Grotle carrying the guys at the end is pretty cute. Reminds me of what it's (or is it Torterra's?) dex entry says.

EDIT: I see Cythia used Gastrodon against Aaron. Also, apparently Brock talked to Shinji about Reiji not having the last Frontier Symbol which I guess is a big plotpoint. Brandon for daddy? Yes!

Last edited:
Grotle carrying the guys at the end is pretty cute. Reminds me of what it's (or is it Torterra's?) dex entry says.

EDIT: I see Cythia used Gastrodon against Aaron. Also, apparently Brock talked to Shinji about Reiji not having the last Frontier Symbol which I guess is a big plotpoint. Brandon for daddy? Yes!

Aww. : D

Hmm.
Well, I can see how that connection can be made. I mean, Brandon and Shinji both have wonderful personalities.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
[IMG139]http://i33.*******.com/vnjleh.jpg[/IMG139]

aaaw, its just like Gliscor in the Pachirisu episode....Will all of Ashs pokemon have a 'fall to the ground crying' scene?