• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Aim to Become Leek Master! Stay With Me, Chivalry!! (1149)

Aryash Bajaj

Say I'm fat again!
Please do tell if my posts get uploaded in bits instead of a whole, as it happens way too many times when some people read one line and don't even pretend to read the rest.

There are many clips that shouldn't be there but do not come to the attention of the moderators due to how many clips get posted.

RafaSceptile

That's like saying that Pokemon has the same animation quality as the Fate series. They're there because they have relatively good animation in their own series.
No, the number of Fate series scenes per episode is A LOT higher than Pokémon XY/SM/JN per episode

RafaSceptile

Please do tell if my posts get uploaded in bits instead of a whole, as it happens way too many times when some people read one line and don't even pretend to read the rest.
And again, those are deleted if they are not approved by mods or are considered to not have the guidelines

Morax

King of heroes
That's like saying that Pokemon has the same animation quality as the Fate series. They're there because they have relatively good animation in their own series.
Depends on what Fate/product you're talking about. FSN ( UBW, heaven's feel and zero ) are animated by ufotable so of course it's good while Apocrypha, kaleid liner, extra last encore and grand order are pretty much the same as pokemon.

RafaSceptile

Seriously stop that. Number of post means absolutely nothing to quality. If you want to use statistics to prove your point, actually do it properly instead of just spouting random numbers.
But I already did it. And the point still stands, the scenes/per episode shows how much better Fate/Series' animation is in comparison with Pokémon. That was one of the worst possible counterexamples.

Evstike

Take me back to peak pokemon
But I already did it. And the point still stands, the scenes/per episode shows how much better Fate/Series' animation is in comparison with Pokémon. That was one of the worst possible counterexamples.
You're the only one talking about scenes per episode. Look at the quality of the scenes.

RafaSceptile

You're the only one talking about scenes per episode. Look at the quality of the scenes.
Yes, the main difference is that Pokémon is not consistent with the animation thanks to the weekly Schedule, meanwhile other series like Fate/Series can, which is reflected in the scenes per episode.

Aryash Bajaj

Say I'm fat again!
Sigh....sometime we have explain every little detail.

Sakugabooru has a blue star icon below certain clips. As shown in three XY clips here.

The blue star means that these posts are not approved by moderators.

You can still see them on the page alongside the clips that are approved by moderator.

Reason ? because moderators are humans and will not be able to see every clip that gets posted. Sakugabooru gets clips from all sorts of shows. It is stupid to expect them to be able to watch and verify every metric of every clip that is posted.

Evstike

Take me back to peak pokemon
Yes, the main difference is that Pokémon is not consistent with the animation thanks to the weekly Schedule, meanwhile other series like Fate/Series can, which is reflected in the scenes per episode.
So you understand that some shows have better scenes on sakugabooru than Pokemon because the have better animation. Now apply that to Journeys vs XY/SM.

RafaSceptile

Sigh....sometime we have explain every little detail.

Sakugabooru has a blue star icon below certain clips. As shown in three XY clips here.

The blue star means that these posts are not approved by moderators.

You can still see them on the page alongside the clips that are approved by moderator.

Reason ? because moderators are humans and will not be able to see every clip that gets posted. Sakugabooru gets clips from all sorts of shows. It is stupid to expect them to be able to watch and verify every metric of every clip that is posted.
Yes, and only the 5 most recent XY clips are not approved by mods, and those were posted 2 hours ago

RafaSceptile

So you understand that some shows have better scenes on sakugabooru than Pokemon. Now apply that to Journeys vs XY/SM.
Yes, the point is that Journeys overall animation is far from as Bad as people said it is, especially compared with XY/SM

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
No, just stop.

Number of posts, have nothing to do with the qualitative element of ‘quality’. Being on the booru does not mean they are at an equal. One clip can be judged as a hypothetical quality level of ‘9’ and another can be a ‘6’ as long as they passed a minimum threshold of let’s say ‘5’. The number of posts does not reflect those quality level at all, which is what people have been saying. That Journeys does not have same level of ‘quality’ of SM/XY. As in they feel that the previous series were an average of ‘8’ or such and that maybe journeys is a ‘6’. Spouting how many posts each series have is irrelevant.

At the very best (and even then as a stretch with how varied each clip are in length), number of posts can be used as a argument for the ‘consistency’ of a show. With more post indicating a higher % of the show meeting the benchmark to be put in the booru, and as such having higher consistency.

Actually use relevant data points if you want to argue with statistics.

RafaSceptile

No, just stop.

Number of posts, have nothing to do with the qualitative element of ‘quality’. Being on the booru does not mean they are at an equal. One clip can be judged as a hypothetical quality level of ‘9’ and another can be a ‘6’ as long as they passed a minimum threshold of let’s say ‘5’. The number of posts does not reflect those quality level at all, which is what people have been saying. That Journeys does not have same level of ‘quality’ of SM/XY. As in they feel that the previous series were an average of ‘8’ or such and that maybe journeys is a ‘6’. Spouting how many posts each series have is irrelevant.

At the very best (and even then as a stretch with how varied each clip are in length), number of posts can be used as a argument for the ‘consistency’ of a show. With more post indicating a higher % of the show meeting the benchmark to be put in the booru, and as such having higher consistency.

Actually use relevant data points if you want to argue with statistics.
Consistency is also an important part in how good is the Sakuga in a series. And as I mentioned before, excluding not-animated posts JN is between SM and XY, without actual conclusion arcs like Kalos/Alola League or Team Flare arc that increases the number and with a pandemic ongoing, which is a good indication about JN's animation Quality when compared to XY or SM

Aryash Bajaj

Say I'm fat again!
Bloody hell, we do have to explain everything....

The moderators, as a direct result of being human (which I have been screaming about for a couple of posts), are also people with different threshold for what consists of 'impressive' animation. It depends on who is approving the clip (if they get to see it). Someone who is fairly forgiving of minor faults during animation can oversee a minor clipping of body parts and objects. Someone who is annoyed by even minor clipping will not approve the post. Simple as that.

The guidelines only consist of the technical aspects of the clip provided by the user. The 'impressive' parts of the animation (judged by a fairly knowledgeable person I'd assume) is entirely up to their criteria of what is 'impressive'.

Anyway, this will be my last post on the topic if someone still can't come to terms with the fact that people have different tastes for them to consider something impressive.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
Consistency is also an important part in how good is the Sakuga in a series. And as I mentioned before, excluding not-animated posts JN is between SM and XY, without actual conclusion arcs like Kalos/Alola League or Team Flare arc that increases the number and with a pandemic ongoing, which is a good indication about JN's animation Quality when compared to XY or SM
Sure you can make a weighted score based the ‘consistency’ and ‘scene quality level’. Except people wasn’t talking about consistency in the first place. People were commenting on how the fighting were stiffer and not as good, which is not consistency. It’s about the min/max value of the ‘animation quality’ of the scenes.

If you really want to die on this hill of sakugabooru being the epitome of measuring quality. I suggest you count the length of each clip and divide it by the total run time of the series to get a consistency score based on the % of time there. Then count the score and likes of each of the post to get the average ‘animation quality’ of the series. Then put them in weighted scoring system, to get the ‘overall’ quality score of the series. Then that’ll actually be credible judgment of quality based on data from sakugabooru.

RafaSceptile

Bloody hell, we do have to explain everything....

The moderators, as a direct result of being human (which I have been screaming about for a couple of posts), are also people with different threshold for what consists of 'impressive' animation. It depends on who is approving the clip (if they get to see it). Someone who is fairly forgiving of minor faults during animation can oversee a minor clipping of body parts and objects. Someone who is annoyed by even minor clipping will not approve the post. Simple as that.

The guidelines only consist of the technical aspects of the clip provided by the user. The 'impressive' parts of the animation (judged by a fairly knowledgeable person I'd assume) is entirely up to their criteria of what is 'impressive'.

Anyway, this will be my last post on the topic if someone still can't come to terms with the fact that people have different tastes for them to consider something impressive.
People can add a flag for deletion in Sakugabooru, that is why is also a community, not all is mods' work

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Is it really a good idea to try to have a quantitative analysis on something as qualitative as animation?