• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Aim to Become Leek Master! Stay With Me, Chivalry!! (1149)

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Wait Sirfetch'd learned Leaf Blade? The summary on the main site has it has Leaf Blade at its disposal but I don't remember it using that in the episode.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Wait Sirfetch'd learned Leaf Blade? The summary on the main site has it has Leaf Blade at its disposal but I don't remember it using that in the episode.
Serebii tends to get moves wrong. If history is any indicator, trying to correct him on such things never works. His bio for Ash still states that his Dragonite knows Extreme Speed and that Fletching knew Air Cutter.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
The one thing I thought of when I heard Sirfetch'd's cry was "Congratulations. Your KAMON evolved into GYAMON!"

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
It doesn't, I don't really know where that came from; my guess is that someone saw a green attack and went "ooh, Leaf Blade", despite the fact it was still quite clearly Fury Cutter which was already known as a Farfetch'd. Misinformation is rife across the Internet, including on the main Serebii site, apparently..

As for the episode, I really enjoyed it. Grookey getting to be freaking adorable with its new buddy Bellsprout (whom we'll likely barely ever see again) was cute, the battle between Scizor and Farfetch'd at the beginning which revealed that Scizor had learned X-Scissor was pretty neat and the battle against Rinto was actually really good. It appeared to land what looked like multiple critical hits in the battle, which was a nice touch since otherwise we'd be led to believe that the makeshift shield was the only cause of evolution.. and Sirfetch'd is just epic looking (even if I do think that the species should've retained it's Farfetch'd colouring upon evolution).

Time for Dracovish training next I guess? Bring it on..

Last edited:

UglyToast

It doesn't, I don't really know where that came from; my guess is that someone saw a green attack and went "ooh, Leaf Blade", despite the fact it was still quite clearly Fury Cutter which was already known as a Farfetch'd. Misinformation is rife across the Internet, including on the main Serebii site, apparently..

As for the episode, I really enjoyed it. Grookey getting to be freaking adorable with its new buddy Bellsprout (whom we'll likely barely ever see again) was cute, the battle between Scizor and Farfetch'd at the beginning which revealed that Scizor had learned X-Scissor was pretty neat and the battle against Rinto was actually really good. It appeared to land what looked like multiple critical hits in the battle, which was a nice touch since otherwise we'd be led to believe that the makeshift shield was the only cause of evolution.. and Sirfetch'd is just epic looking (even if I do think that the species should've retained it's Farfetch'd colouring upon evolution).

Fishious Rend with Choice Scarf gonna destroy Leon's team, can't wait to see that ;)

dman_dustin

Pretty sure they wanted Sirfetch'd to look like a different Pokemon and not Farfetch'd with a big leek and leaf shield.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
I realized a small detail while watching this episode for a second time after Rinto defeated in the battle, he carried his Gallade on his back like a child, I thought that was adorable and such a great small detail, that tells us his behavior towards his pokemon more.
"My pokemon just got destroyed. Better haul it around rather than return it to its poke ball to rest."

???

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I realized a small detail while watching this episode for a second time after Rinto defeated in the battle, he carried his Gallade on his back like a child, I thought that was adorable and such a great small detail, that tells us his behavior towards his pokemon more.
That he's a cheap-o for not returning it to his ball? It's like having an ambulance right next to him but somehow he decides to walk 8 blocks to reach the hospital to show off how "committed" he is, but... Yeah.

Dynamic_Fusion

HIKARI HYPE
A mixed episode. The amount of dialogue SM/PM2019 put in battles makes it hard to focus on the action. The animation was great but the storyboarding was horrible. Like Jesus, The amount of panning out of the set when there was dialogue.

UglyToast

"My pokemon just got destroyed. Better haul it around rather than return it to its poke ball to rest."

???
That he's a cheap-o for not returning it to his ball? It's like having an ambulance right next to him but somehow he decides to walk 8 blocks to reach the hospital to show off how "committed" he is, but... Yeah.
or maybe it's similar to Ash with Pikachu, he never puts Pikachu on his ball even when it gets beaten but whatever.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
though I wasn't expecting his Gallade to have its Hidden Ability either.

re-watching the episode I actually just realized this one factor.

kind of surprised people aren't talking about this more since other than this Gallade and Ash's Greninja has any other pokemon in the anime been shown to have their hidden ability since gen 5?

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
re-watching the episode I actually just realized this one factor.

kind of surprised people aren't talking about this more since other than this Gallade and Ash's Greninja has any other pokemon in the anime been shown to have their hidden ability since gen 5?
Nope.

...And I'm starting to think the writers accidentally thought Gallade's HA was a normal ability and went with it.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Nope.

...And I'm starting to think the writers accidentally thought Gallade's HA was a normal ability and went with it.

well i checked bulbapedia, and only 2 other pokemon have used their hidden abilities in the anime.

however, granted one of them is Darmanitan who's Zen Mode has been shown to be what every bloody single one that has had in the anime, that one is hard to count unless we ever see a Darmanitan that has Sheer Force, because it feels like that is treated as the primary ability and not the hidden one.

Apparently Visquez's Electrode had Aftermath which was it's hidden ability.

still 3 hidden abilities so far...wonder if we'll see more.

RafaSceptile

Reviewing the Pokémon anime in 10 words or less:
"Great conclusion for Sirfech'd arc, now go to offscreen land"
Episode: 9/10

well i checked bulbapedia, and only 2 other pokemon have used their hidden abilities in the anime.

however, granted one of them is Darmanitan who's Zen Mode has been shown to be what every bloody single one that has had in the anime, that one is hard to count unless we ever see a Darmanitan that has Sheer Force, because it feels like that is treated as the primary ability and not the hidden one.

Apparently Visquez's Electrode had Aftermath which was it's hidden ability.

still 3 hidden abilities so far...wonder if we'll see more.
Zen Mode (BW008 and JN014)
Prankster (XY093)
Aftermath (JN018)
Justified (JN060)

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Reviewing the Pokémon anime in 10 words or less:
"Great conclusion for Sirfech'd arc, now go to offscreen land"
Episode: 9/10

Zen Mode (BW008 and JN014)
Prankster (XY093)
Aftermath (JN018)
Justified (JN060)
Do Greninja and Lycanroc's count?

RafaSceptile

Do Greninja and Lycanroc's count?
Battle-Bond is technically not a hidden ability (this one is Protean), it is more of an event-exclusive ability.

Something similar happens with Rockruff's Own Tempo, but at least this one is not exclusive to a particular Rockruff, so you can make an argument for him. However Rockruff never used Own Tempo, and Lycanroc Dusk Form only has Tough Claws as his ability.