• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Aim to Become Leek Master! Stay With Me, Chivalry!! (1149)

RafaSceptile

>it's okay if battle animation sucks because they were using it elsewhere
Are you serious? :p

I can give credit where it's due but battle animation and choreography could have been better in SM.
Battle animation was great, the reason why SM is lower in fighting scenes is because SM had much less battles (because it wasn't a battle orientes series), choreography is where SM definitely could improve more

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
*laughs hysterically in 90% of Z-Move animations*

Remember when Ash's eyes leaped to the opposite sides of his face when he used Gigavolt Havoc in the league since they never fixed the stock footage from episode 2 three years prior?
...That's one bit of stock footage that was not changed over the course of the series to account for a very slight design tweak that was so subtle that after watching the show in its entirety multiple times I still can't pinpoint exactly where the change even happened. That Z-Move animation was entirely on-model for his initial character design, and calling it his eyes "leaping to the opposite sides of his face" is seriously overselling it. I have seen worse continuity errors in more highly-regarded shows. Prime example being this finishing move from Gurren Lagann, one of my absolute favorite shows, which was never updated to accommodate the Gurren Lagann getting wings later in the show, so any time it would use the Giga Drill Break after that point its wings just suddenly disappeared.

...Also most of the Z-Move animations were given extra care and attention to look as good as possible. I do admittedly feel they started skimping on them a bit by the end, (the Dragon and Ground Z-Moves did not look very impressive) but for the most part, while I was not a fan of how they would basically end many fights with stock footage, it was absolutely high quality stock footage. Most of the time. And then 144 ditched the stock footage almost entirely and gave us the single coolest-looking sequence this side of Twilight Wings 7.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
In Sakugabooru, Journeys has an average of 1.34 fighting scenes per episode, meanwhile SM has 1.23 (due to not be a battle oriented series) and XY has 1.58, counting the main events like the Kalos League and Team Flare Arc.

Journeys has a lot of problems, but certainly the animation is far from as terrible as people said it really is.
I don't care what saukgabooru has to ****ing say, I have my own eyes and taste and the animation in journeys is absolutely sub par

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
I don't care what saukgabooru has to ****ing say, I have my own eyes and taste and the animation in journeys is absolutely sub par
Using the ammount of post on a booru as measure of quality is pretty pointless anyways. ‘Quality’ is a subjective qualitative data point anyways. The number of posts doesn’t say anything about the ‘quality’ level of each scene. With no definition for the ‘quality’ what some people think deserve to called ‘good’ might not be represented because others find it ‘bad’, and vice versa. Frankly, a rating system of ‘how good do you think the quality is’ would’ve been more relevant.

Even if you ignore all that, there‘s also how the uploaded scene vary differently in length. So it doesn’t even give a good data of the more quantitative data point of ‘how much so called sakuga are in a series?’. A minute clip could‘ve just been 10 different 5 second clips. It would be more valid if you actually count the number of frames of ‘good’ animation.

So yeah, just trust in your own opinion over irrelevant ‘statistics’ i’d say.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
But it is not, that's why I believe more on Sakugabooru because at least is a site dedicated precissely to that
It is. Rinto Vs Ash was so stiff, ash Vs korrina in the end was so stiff, ash Vs Bea didn't have any eye catchy moment, Leon Vs raihan was an absolute joke. Even ash Vs the gurdurr guy had too much standing and less fighting. The only absolutely well animated fights have been Leon Vs Lance and ash Vs visquez. In fillers and all the animation is smooth as always but rewatching some SM episodes it doesn't even match those. So yea, animation in journeys is pretty subpar

RafaSceptile

It is. Rinto Vs Ash was so stiff, ash Vs korrina in the end was so stiff, ash Vs Bea didn't have any eye catchy moment, Leon Vs raihan was an absolute joke. Even ash Vs the gurdurr guy had too much standing and less fighting. The only absolutely well animated fights have been Leon Vs Lance and ash Vs visquez. In fillers and all the animation is smooth as always but rewatching some SM episodes it doesn't even match those. So yea, animation in journeys is pretty subpar
All of those battle have at least one scene included in Sakugabooru under the fighting tag

RafaSceptile

You're missing the point. Those scenes are good when in the context of PM19, but they can't be compared to scenes in XY and SM.
They can. In the end if those scenes are in Sakugabooru, is because they have good Sakuga, such as XY and SM battles.

I don't think SM battles can be compared to XY.
They can. The only reason why SM has a lower fighting scenes per episode, is because it has much less battles, not because SM has worse Sakuga

Aryash Bajaj

Say I'm fat again!
Who's gonna tell'em that anyone can upload a clip on Sakugabooru ?

There are many clips that shouldn't be there but do not come to the attention of the moderators due to how many clips get posted.

The guidelines for posting do not require moderator approval as shown here.

RafaSceptile

Who's gonna tell'em that anyone can upload a clip on Sakugabooru ?

There are many clips that shouldn't be there but do not come to the attention of the moderators due to how many clips get posted.

The guidelines for posting do not require moderator approval as shown here.

And those are deleted if they are not consider good Sakuga or have the guidelines