• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Aipom & Circumstance! (459)

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
CapShipping, anyone?
I dunno I see this leading to pikachu X Aipom. They share similarities and have had a few moments together. It would also make a little bit of sense that it came so late in the saga.

Anyway this episode was easily just an excuse to bond with aipom if it wasnt obvious with the lackluster plot.

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
I don't know, Aipom just doesn't strike me as Female. I know it blushed, but then...? It could just be happy and appreciative that it's getting the attention from Ash it wanted.

If Aipom were female, I'd be acting A LOT more like Chikorita. Chikorita got REALLY catty and refused to even look at Pikachu, because she saw it as her main competition for Ash's affections. Aipom, on the other hand, spent the entire day with Pikachu with little to no hate. That's because it's not battling for affection, but for acknowledgment of it being apart of the team and deserving the same amount of respect Pikachu gets. As I said before, it's more of a "Aipom's not going to take it".

But that's just me...

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Ash is also blushing in the episode while he's looking at Brock and the filler boy. Do they make fun of him or something?

Brock and Ash seem to be competitive in this episode, because of the whole crown and getting women thing that Brock obviously wants.

Does anyone know why Ash was blushing and why later on Aipom was blushing? There has been some speculation to Aipom, but I was wondering about Ash, lol. Me no espeka japanesa, lol.

Manene!

Gay Aipom

Aipom is dust damn cute. He's stupidly cute looking. I don't think he's a female. I think he's just gay. It doesn't really come off as female. I'm sticking with it being male and gay. :p Until proven otherwise.

And with the flower thing in the beginning, I'm surprised no one's tried to ship Aipom and Squirtle yet? FlowerShipping?

Flamez

Elite 4 Champion
Seen the episode, and for one thing the animation was not good. Pikachus eyes looked really off at times and so did its head.
It was a good episode, I like Aipom so the time it got was good IMO. I like what .Combusken. said that "Aipom is not going to take it".
Brock having a fantasy of the women surrounding him was nice. Ash then just pushes hime aside (he hits the floor). May and Max hardly even talked in this episode. Seeing Nosepass was definetly good but when the guy called him out of his pokeball the music they had was really stupid, it sounded like that pac-man game for supernintendo. Nosepass used its nose to sense where pikachu and aipom were. When the mechanical fearow try to attack Aipom Ash covers him up protecting it. But they keep on pecking ash,lol.
The best thing about this episode was without a doubt Swellow. Watch this episode and you'll see why. It was bit*ch slapping like 50 fearow by itself, Swellow is officialy "GOD". Swellow got hit once but then came back and slapped up 3 more fearow in its path. It got surrounded then ash recalled it back. Make sure you remember that about 50 mechanical fearow could not knock out ash's swellow.
Well the ending is clear, ash and aipom hug, gotta love aipom. The COTD is announded King.
Thats it, overall i give it a 9/10.( Aipom and Swellow are a huge factor to that).

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Ugh, I can't believe the writers finally got me to fall for Aipom. I am now of the crowd who finds it appealing, oddly enough. The amount of expressions Aipom went through in this episode was really fun, he has the perfect chemistry for a cartoon character. Damn, I'm actually starting to like Aipom now. Crazy!

Despite the poor animation, the Swellow Vs. Mecha Fearow scene was really great. I loved seeing it take on all the robo Fearow, it was rcertainly interesting.

Yay for Nosepass even though it didn't really do much. I still think the filler character had some sort of problem though, there was something really disturbing about his appearance. Wtf, he needs to gain some weight or something.

I'm surprised May's ending theme is still here, I thought for sure they'd replace it with something after the Grand Festival ended...

Kabuto

little punks!
Heh, another one of Ash's Ag pokemon that I instantly like. The writers have been doing great development with the pokemon in AG rather then the stale no-personality Johto pokemon. I still wish he had houndoom instead, but I guess we all need comic relief.

GOD Swellow gets used so much yet it only uses Ariel Ace or Quick Attack, I want some of its old attacks it used as Talliow :/

Aipom just looks kind of scary when it eats the berry and when it smiles at the end oO

Nosepass needed more time, but I hate Pokemon like Nosepass when Ash still looks them up even though he battled one >_>;

I'm starting to like Aipom, but if it pulls a Squirtle it must die...D:

Last edited:

Reece

I must agree with CyberCubed, WTF at that filler character. Aipom was great in this episode, I hope it doesn't get the shaft like some of Ash's other Pokemon.

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
I thought I was unique in thinking Aipom was rather cute and cool. Obviously not.

Whilst the episode had a lot of bad points, it had good character development for Aipom, Nosepass, and a massive legion of robotic Fearow (why must they always be portrayed as evil...?) which is TR's greatest invention since...erm, the Giant Slaking. Meh, it was better than most fillers, I suppose.

Anole

Aipom Trainer
Manene! said:
Aipom is dust damn cute. He's stupidly cute looking. I don't think he's a female. I think he's just gay. It doesn't really come off as female. I'm sticking with it being male and gay. :p Until proven otherwise.

And with the flower thing in the beginning, I'm surprised no one's tried to ship Aipom and Squirtle yet? FlowerShipping?

I just saw the ep pics and he IS soooo cute!

Haha I also don't see Aipom as female, but then I've always seen him as male since he became my fave G/S Pokemon so I could be biased...but gay Aipom..I'm all for that XD

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Toga Toga Toga

Alright. Now that that's out of me. Wait...

Toga

There. I'm now more convinced than ever that Aipom has to die. The hat thing is getting annoying.

So those were Rocket robo Fearows. I wonder who's going to want their head for wasting their robots.

Chatsy

Perverted Ash fan
Aipom sure varies in size.

Heehee, Ash pushed Brock aside because his ga-ga mode was annoying. Wheee~
The character of the day looked indeed very ill. Oh my.

Wow, we finally saw a Brock fantasy with being surrounded by girls again. That's been a while. He's so lonely. XD

Not much May and Max in this episode.

Ash blushed.....why?
Awww, lots of hugging scenes. Just don't overdo it.

Aipom's expressions reminds me of that Keroro anime. Bwah.
This episode sure was meh. A little introduction to Aipom in the team, that's pretty much what made it interesting for me. Not to mention we saw a teensy weensy bit more personality apart from "Oh oh, ah ah! HAT OMG *steal*" thing we've seen till now.

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
There. I'm now more convinced than ever that Aipom has to die. The hat thing is getting annoying.
Well we know why it did it this time. It doesnt matter because it had an actual excuse as to why it stole Ash's hat.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
It seems it may rid that habit though.

And why do people think Aipom is gay? I mean, usually I don't think a animal showing love to the same gender is gay, I mean seriously.

SuperShadow

The Great Butler said:
CapShipping, anyone?

Sorry, didn't know it existed. Well we had the many faces of Aipom in this episode, and the female Aipom is the cutest thing. And it knows double team! Let's just hope that Aipom is a girl and would compete with Bayleef on Ash related issues.