• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Air support

PhoenixShad0w13

Sword Master
Okay, I am in the process of making this team, but have come to a stump. I need some help building it.

Now, some background on the team before I get to the main show.
This team is only partial, because as I said, I don't know who to use. I don't use weather much, and this is a weather based team (actually, to be precise, Sandstorm team)

I will be using this team for Double battles, so give double battle suggestions. Does that mean I will ignore Single battle or triple battle suggestions? No. It's just, they won't be the primary focus.

NOTE: I will be testing this team on Pokemon Online before building on Pokemon White, so EVs can be changed.

Now, time for the show

;248;
Tyranitar @ ???
Ability: Sandstream
EVs: 252 Att, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Nature: Adamant
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Dragon Dance

The first mon to enter the field! Sandstorm is infinite unless other weather comes into play. It also raises Rock types' special defense by 50%. So, overall good. EQ and Stone Edge are for coverage, hitting a lot of mons. Ice punch is for dragons, and ground types. It really works well. Dragon Dance is for stat boosting, with the EVs to turn this beast into a better beast.

;142;
Aerodactyl @ King's Rock
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 Hp
- Smack Down
- Sky drop
- Thunder Fang
- Ice Fang

Now, the support Aerodactyl. It may not appear to be support at first, but read on. Smack down knocks down any fliers, making them get hit by the teammate's EQ. Sky Drop may be illegal on Random Wifi matches on the DS games, but it's a great support move. Coupled with Aero's high speed, he picks up the more threatening foe, removes them for a turn, and drops them. King's Rock creates a change for flinch, but still low. Thunder Fang and Ice Fang are for coverage.

:530:
Excadrill @ ???
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 hp
- Metal Claw
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- X-scissor

Speed boosted in sand, with some good moves. Metal claw is a filler mainly, but it has a chance of Attack boost, and hits some mons hard. Rock Slide plus Sand Rush's speed boost makes Excadrill attack first in most cases, giving a chance for flinch. Small, but works. Also, Rock Slide hits both opponents, making it a good move. EQ is for STAB, and well.... it's EQ. What did you expect? X-scissor is a filler.

Now, that's the current team, and might need work, plus needs some supports. Here is what I am thinking:

;344;
Claydol @ Expert Belt/Razor Claw
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Sp Att, 252 Spd, 4 Hp
Nature: Modest
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Shadow Ball
- Grass Knot

Oh, Claydol, you are one of my favorite ground type mons. This set just wrecks almost anything. Earth power is for STAB, and coverage. Ice Beam hits grounds, Dragons, fliers, grass, and whatever else it wants to hard. Shadow Ball > Psychic grants me more power. Besides, Earth Power takes out most Fighting types any ways. Grass Knot hits bulky waters. Charge beam could be an awesome, but the lower BP makes Grass Knot favorable.

:553:
Krookodile @ ???
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Att, 252 Speed, 4 Hp
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Dragon Claw
- Rock Slide

Show up later in the fight, knocks a mon or two down, and gains some boosts. Hit hard, then harder, and harder. EQ is for EQ, and works will with Aero's Smack down (as if you didn't know already). Crunch for STAB, and coverage. Dragon Claw hits dragons, and a lot of types for neutral damage. Rock Slide 'cause I like it better than Stone Edge.

;212;
Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
- Bullet Punch
- Aerial Ace
- Bug Bite
- Brick Break

Oh god, love this set. Love this Pokemon, too. Bullet punch is for priority, with boosts (STAB and ability). Aerial ace may be weak, but gets boosted by Technician, and has saved me in a number of cases. Bug bite removes opponent's berry (and hopefully boosts a stat). Brick Break for other steels, and coverage.

I'm open to any suggestions. Just let me know

Sircharles

Marijuantsome?
Well let's start with claydol. It has a few things about it that make it great! But having a 70 base attack isn't one of them. It's a has great defenses. So I suggest you use a defensive Claydol that way Weavile doesn't smack it up side the head with +2 Ice Shard. Maybe something like this
Claydol@Leftovers
Trait:Levitate
EV's:200 HP 58 SAtk 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef/-Atk)
-Cosmic Power
-Power Trick
-Earth power
-Ice Beam/Psychic

Cosmic power raises both defenses up one stage. Power trick to switch your high def stats to offensive stats. Earth Power for STAB. And either Ice Beam for coverage on grass. Or Psychic for STAB.
That will help you with an offensive set. But the only down side is how you are very low on defenses after power trick.

TheBluePorygon

i miss the old kanye
Oooohh needs some work bro D:

Excadrill:Jolly @Life orb to outspeed other excadrills and sweep other pokemon
Scizor: wrong! Either 252 HP/Atk or 252 HP 212 Sp Def and 40 Atk

morningsun

giv scizor U-turn instead of bug bite and fix its evs as mentioned by otha ppl. try life orb on t-tar and scarf excadrill. it may also benifit u 2 use a garchomp w/ sand veil instead of krookodile 2 revenge kill. giv chomp a choice band. mayb sumthin like

Garchomp@Choice Band
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 atk, 252 spe, and 4 in anythin tht isnt sp atk
Moves:
Dragon Claw/Outrage
Earthquake
Brick Break
Stone Edge

Try Expert Belt, or betta yet choice specs on claydol

Jeggyg

Veteran Nerd
Garchomp@Choice Band
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 atk, 252 spe, and 4 in anythin tht isnt sp atk
Moves:
Dragon Claw/Outrage
Earthquake
Brick Break
Stone Edge

Try Expert Belt, or betta yet choice specs on claydol

Garchomp is illegal by SMOGON rules, so if you plan on using this team not online then you'll want Drill...

On that, with Drill Metal claw doesn't cover anything that EQ doesn't, so perhaps replace it with Swords DAnce and give Him a Life Orb?

3.14kachu

2.72pic √(-1)nventor
Give Tyranitar the Eject Button. That way, after taking a hit, it will switch out, allowing one of your other pokemon to come in harmlessly. Then, if the Sandstorm gets turned off, it can come back in the lategame to restore it and do some revenge-killing.

Okay, I am in the process of making this team, but have come to a stump. I need some help building it.

Now, some background on the team before I get to the main show.
This team is only partial, because as I said, I don't know who to use. I don't use weather much, and this is a weather based team (actually, to be precise, Sandstorm team)

I will be using this team for Double battles, so give double battle suggestions. Does that mean I will ignore Single battle or triple battle suggestions? No. It's just, they won't be the primary focus.

NOTE: I will be testing this team on Pokemon Online before building on Pokemon White, so EVs can be changed.

Now, time for the show

;248;
Tyranitar @ ???
Ability: Sandstream
EVs: 252 Att, 252 Speed, 4 HP
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Dragon Dance
Far too common mistake. Use the standard smogon lead Ttar. The first turns will be like:

Foe's XXXX used Stealth Rock.
Tyranitar used Dragon Dance.

Come back, XXX! Go "Enter TTar counter here"
Tyranitar used "Enter not very effective move here"

The first mon to enter the field! Sandstorm is infinite unless other weather comes into play. It also raises Rock types' special defense by 50%. So, overall good. EQ and Stone Edge are for coverage, hitting a lot of mons. Ice punch is for dragons, and ground types. It really works well. Dragon Dance is for stat boosting, with the EVs to turn this beast into a better beast.

;142;
Aerodactyl @ King's Rock
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 Hp
- Smack Down
- Sky drop
- Thunder Fang
- Ice Fang
Remove him. Claydol can lay down SR and Aero is made to lay down, however you already got something doing that job. Also King's Rock is banned. YES it is banned, and Gamefreak made it, however it is banned in competitive play. Don't start like: "They made it, so it's legal. " No it isn't
Now, the support Aerodactyl. It may not appear to be support at first, but read on. Smack down knocks down any fliers, making them get hit by the teammate's EQ. Sky Drop may be illegal on Random Wifi matches on the DS games, but it's a great support move. Coupled with Aero's high speed, he picks up the more threatening foe, removes them for a turn, and drops them. King's Rock creates a change for flinch, but still low. Thunder Fang and Ice Fang are for coverage.

:530:
Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 hp
- Swords Dance
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- X-scissor
Good set, however remove Metal Claw. Swords Dance is much more reliable and can seriously wreck things.
Speed boosted in sand, with some good moves. Metal claw is a filler mainly, but it has a chance of Attack boost, and hits some mons hard. Rock Slide plus Sand Rush's speed boost makes Excadrill attack first in most cases, giving a chance for flinch. Small, but works. Also, Rock Slide hits both opponents, making it a good move. EQ is for STAB, and well.... it's EQ. What did you expect? X-scissor is a filler.

Now, that's the current team, and might need work, plus needs some supports. Here is what I am thinking:

;344;
Claydol @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
nature: Bold
evs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 114 SpA
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake / Earth Power
- Ice Beam / Explosion

Never use claydol offensive. 95% of the pokemon are better at doing this job than Claydol. I made a defensive set.
Oh, Claydol, you are one of my favorite ground type mons. This set just wrecks almost anything. Earth power is for STAB, and coverage. Ice Beam hits grounds, Dragons, fliers, grass, and whatever else it wants to hard. Shadow Ball > Psychic grants me more power. Besides, Earth Power takes out most Fighting types any ways. Grass Knot hits bulky waters. Charge beam could be an awesome, but the lower BP makes Grass Knot favorable.

:553:
Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Rock Slide/Stone Edge

Bad set. Use my suggestions. Choice Scarf + Moxie is ownage. Also use pursuit over dragon claw. Consider Stone Edge for more damage.
Show up later in the fight, knocks a mon or two down, and gains some boosts. Hit hard, then harder, and harder. EQ is for EQ, and works will with Aero's Smack down (as if you didn't know already). Crunch for STAB, and coverage. Dragon Claw hits dragons, and a lot of types for neutral damage. Rock Slide 'cause I like it better than Stone Edge.

;212;
Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Speed, 4 Def
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Bug Bite
- Brick Break

Seriously ANY scizor set uses swords dance, mainly because he rocks with it. Scizor, by the way, does not need any Speed EVs. So put those into HP for more survivability.

Oh god, love this set. Love this Pokemon, too. Bullet punch is for priority, with boosts (STAB and ability). Aerial ace may be weak, but gets boosted by Technician, and has saved me in a number of cases. Bug bite removes opponent's berry (and hopefully boosts a stat). Brick Break for other steels, and coverage.

I'm open to any suggestions. Just let me know

Some suggestions. Never use King's Rock, it doesn't make you look pro. If you want to rely on luck you shouldn't play this game. Get skilled and you don't need luck.

Last edited:

asterat

Banned
Every pokemon on your team is physical except for claydol, and he isnt really anything sweeper wise. You need.... Special sweepers. Ferrothorn will decimate your team. With residual leech seed damage basically.

Inchtall

Back in Black....2
Listen, you have a HUGE weakness to Water.... the only one absent of a water weakness is Scizor, but he can still be taken out quick. Drizzle Toad would dominatre this team. Try a Grass, Electric, or Water type with Water absorb.

PhoenixShad0w13

Sword Master
well, thanks for your suggestions. If you read the OP, you find this team is still a partial team, and I am looking for suggestions. The only three that are set are Ttar, Aero, and Drill, and even then, I might change a few.

This is also for double battles, so it offers different strategies then singles.

I will take some suggestions in, but some I will not. Sometimes, I do not favor following everyone else.

Darkerones

SlowpokeHunter
DD Ttar? Ummmm,okay you set up while they Entry Hazard in your face then what? ill tell you what: FALCONNNNNN PUNCHHHHHH! Sorry couldnt resist,but,theres this thing called Mach Punch which gets something called Priority which screws your Ttar.