• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

----->Airline Security<-----

Pokemon-Dratini

cutes.u.2.death >: )
Since that bomb plot in detroit was discovered and thankfully stopped by the brave passengers on the plane, there has been a lot of talk on the news lately about airport security things like full body scans and name analysis

my belief is that things like full body scans should be used more, its to protect national security and isnt based on whata race you are it just says whether your carrying something you shouldnt be

now name analysis is not a good way of identifying someone dangerous, just becuase someone has a foreign sounding name doesnt make them dangerous, besides anyone can change there name, who knows if a terrorists name could be bob or something.

technological ways of identifying dangerous objects is fine, but any use of racial conectivity to terrorism unles based on evidence for a certain case, like if you knew the suspect was a certain race and what they looked like, but just pulling every member of a certain race to be questioned is not right and is justa waste of time and money

so thats my opinion in short on that matter

Discuss yours...

BigLutz

Banned
I believe we do need to start adopting some of the procedures used by I believe its called El Al the Israeli airlines. They are long, they are annoying, but results speak for themselves they get the job done. You have full body scans, you have individual and invasive questioning about where you and your party is going, and yes they do have terrorist profiling.

We also need to allow greater amount of information sharing not only between the airlines and the Government but also between countries. This guy had his British VISA revoked but not his American VISA, small things like that can become key in either having 300 dead passengers or 300 alive ones.

Erienne

Anime high :D
I think we should just ban oxygen on flights. That way we'll all be safe.

But, no, seriously...
People will find more and more ways to do it no matter what. I mean this guy put it in his UNDERWEAR. So, what, they'll make you strip down for flights? Another one hid it in his rectum.

My grandparents once jokingly said that they should give you clothes to wear on each flight; that actually might become a reality one day.

Pokemon-Dratini

cutes.u.2.death >: )
My grandparents once jokingly said that they should give you clothes to wear on each flight; that actually might become a reality one day.

lol my moms asked my aunt about that before, shes an airline attendant
somehow oneday i agree this might actually occur o_O

Devastator1

I for one is for the use of full body scan to identify would be terrorist at airport, but I expect a lot of debate and disagreement over this matter. If you dont want go be scanned then it obvious you have something to hide.

I think its a bit like stop and search in the UK, almost everyone has a problem with it but when someone dies, its all because the police didnt do more to get guns and knives off the street. Im not againts racial/religious profiling to assess suspected terrorist as well, I mean most terrorist are usually muslim and from the middle east wouldnt it make more sense to pay more attention to people who fall into that group than say people from the caribbean?

Last edited:

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
i find that the airport security isn't tight enough.

To me, we should immediatly start FULLY screening people before a flight.
X-Rays, body checks, anything and everything.

Regardless of what ethnicity, race, or religion they are.

kabzy

Grass Trainer
Yeah I think that much more security is needed in airports. And for all races, a simple check with those xray things should be done on everyone. I dont really blame security for being more wary on "brown" people. I am an indian myself, so im "brown", and as most of the bombings done are from muslims (who are also brown), I can see the way in which there is more wariness. Its kind of annoying for those of us who are brown, but then as it is mainly muslims who are terrorists, theres not much we can do. I hope that made sense lol.

Erienne

Yeah I think that much more security is needed in airports. And for all races, a simple check with those xray things should be done on everyone. I dont really blame security for being more wary on "brown" people. I am an indian myself, so im "brown", and as most of the bombings done are from muslims (who are also brown), I can see the way in which there is more wariness. Its kind of annoying for those of us who are brown, but then as it is mainly muslims who are terrorists, theres not much we can do. I hope that made sense lol.

Well, for years, my mom, who is really white with blonde hair, was stopped extra, and she was traveling with two kids and her husband, which is quite odd. Not anymore though, for some reason. Well, I think that anyone who meets certain criteria can be a potential terrorist, white, brown, black, etc. There have been Asian terrorists (my mom was telling me that there was this one time that a few people brought machine guns into an airport, and killed 30 people), a lot of white terrorists, from any racial background really. I mean, the guy was Nigerian--he was Muslim, yes--but he wasn't Pakistani nor a Middle Easterner.

BigLutz

Banned
Well, for years, my mom, who is really white with blonde hair, was stopped extra, and she was traveling with two kids and her husband, which is quite odd. Not anymore though, for some reason. Well, I think that anyone who meets certain criteria can be a potential terrorist, white, brown, black, etc. There have been Asian terrorists (my mom was telling me that there was this one time that a few people brought machine guns into an airport, and killed 30 people), a lot of white terrorists, from any racial background really. I mean, the guy was Nigerian--he was Muslim, yes--but he wasn't Pakistani nor a Middle Easterner.

You seem to forget that al Qaeda has a heavy influence in North Africa, meaning that they can recruit either from Africa or from the Middle East. You are right there can be any type of terrorist, but right now we are not at war with Chinese Uigers, and you do not see a massive international organization made up of Black Panther Terrorists.

We are how ever at war with al Qaeda, who recruit Muslim Men usually Middle Eastern or of African decent in the age range of 18 - 35 as that is the locals al Qaeda surrounds itself with and the most available resource to them. We need to focus on that at the moment, from extra screenings to keeping a extra watch to see if they look ancy before a flight.

Last edited:

Erienne

You seem to forget that al Qaeda has a heavy influence in North Africa, meaning that they can recruit either from Africa or from the Middle East. You are right there can be any type of terrorist, but right now we are not at war with Chinese Uigers, and you do not see a massive international organization made up of Black Panther Terrorists.

We are how ever at war with al Qaeda, who recruit Muslim Men usually Middle Eastern or of African decent in the age range of 18 - 35 as that is the locals al Qaeda surrounds itself with and the most available resource to them. We need to focus on that at the moment, from extra screenings to keeping a extra watch to see if they look ancy before a flight.

Apparently this man did look disturbed on the last hour of the flight, which is why some idiot decided that people should now have to sit down for the last hour on all flights.

This guy hid the explosive in his underwear; another case was with it in his rectum. What, so now those being racial profiled will have to strip down nude?

This was a failure of airline security though; this guy paid in cash with no ID. Thankfully, either the bomb was faulty or he was too stupid to operate it correctly. While I agree that no, we aren't at war with them now, there is no conceivable way of stopping these people every time.

BigLutz

Banned
Well we can take a page out of Israel's airlines which has had some success in stopping these people through both their profiling and their very high security measures, and they are MUCH more of a target than the US.

As for a person looking ancy, they are going to look worried before they get onto the flight, things we can pick up from increased sweating to any number of other possible signs. The man is about to kill himself, and knows this is the last time he will be out in the open before he steps on the plane, that is going to lead any person to have heightened tension.

Erienne

Well we can take a page out of Israel's airlines which has had some success in stopping these people through both their profiling and their very high security measures, and they are MUCH more of a target than the US.

As for a person looking ancy, they are going to look worried before they get onto the flight, things we can pick up from increased sweating to any number of other possible signs. The man is about to kill himself, and knows this is the last time he will be out in the open before he steps on the plane, that is going to lead any person to have heightened tension.

Yes, but a lot of people can be stressed before plane flights, especially those who are afraid of flights, or any possible other factors. Just stress does not equate to suicide bombers; I can't recall them now, but in a lot of cases they look positively serene.

BigLutz

Banned
Yes, but a lot of people can be stressed before plane flights, especially those who are afraid of flights, or any possible other factors. Just stress does not equate to suicide bombers; I can't recall them now, but in a lot of cases they look positively serene.

And if they are a Muslim or African Male between the ages of 18 and say 40, and look stressed then they need to be searched again, from a full body scan to all of their luggage. A few can look serene, but as even the case with the 9/11 suicide bombers, they looked jittery, worried, etc etc.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Every airport should get full body scanners. They look useful, and we need it with this sudden launch of panic.

I agree that safety should be a priority in most airports, but we need to think about the profiling.

Now days, it seems like airports will scan anyone, regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, etc. But honestly, can you say you feel safer watching the single Asian mother getting scanned with the wand? Or watching the Irish nun being scanned with the wand? It would seem that to avoid accusations of racism, that airport security will try its hardest to remain "politically correct". That is, they won't interrogate every Muslim, Middle-Eastern/African male, or else they would risk being called racist. But you have to ask yourself, are we wasting our time and money with scanning EVERYONE, or is it worth it? It's a fact that most terrorists fall into certain racial groups, and tend to be male. In my opinion, I don't feel safer when I see my twin sister being scanned, but people honestly never know the intentions of others. It's kind of sad, really. Everyone always assumes that people have bad intentions, otherwise there wouldn't be a need for security cameras or scanners.

Regardless, I think that it is important to have those scanners if it means saving lives. Being "politically correct" or not shouldn't matter, because yes, anyone can be a terrorist.

I agree that safety should be a priority in most airports, but we need to think about the profiling.

Now days, it seems like airports will scan anyone, regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, etc. But honestly, can you say you feel safer watching the single Asian mother getting scanned with the wand? Or watching the Irish nun being scanned with the wand? It would seem that to avoid accusations of racism, that airport security will try its hardest to remain "politically correct". That is, they won't interrogate every Muslim, Middle-Eastern/African male, or else they would risk being called racist. But you have to ask yourself, are we wasting our time and money with scanning EVERYONE, or is it worth it? It's a fact that most terrorists fall into certain racial groups, and tend to be male. In my opinion, I don't feel safer when I see my twin sister being scanned, but people honestly never know the intentions of others. It's kind of sad, really. Everyone always assumes that people have bad intentions, otherwise there wouldn't be a need for security cameras or scanners.

Regardless, I think that it is important to have those scanners if it means saving lives. Being "politically correct" or not shouldn't matter, because yes, anyone can be a terrorist.

Xx Flare xX

I'm a little worried about the radiation content of the full-body scans.

I wouldn't worry bout that:) Full body scans would take, like 5 minutes.
Alot better then losing your (and many other people's) life to a terrorist.

Scrible

And if they are a Muslim or African Male between the ages of 18 and say 40, and look stressed then they need to be searched again, from a full body scan to all of their luggage. A few can look serene, but as even the case with the 9/11 suicide bombers, they looked jittery, worried, etc etc.

Well, as long as it's a lady doin' the body search then I don't care >____>

I also would like not to miss my flight or be wrongfully accused if I haven't done anything >O>

But by all means, I agree with searching every Middle Eastern/Muslim looking male :) And female as long as it's done by a lady....

Muslim or not, a dude doing a full body search of a female is kinda creepy <O<

Argh, I hate what these b**tard fake Muslims have done to us real Muslims record '______' No matter what, it's always the law abiding citizens that pay for government/groups crap.

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
I wouldn't worry bout that:) Full body scans would take, like 5 minutes.
Alot better then losing your (and many other people's) life to a terrorist.

Well, I'm just weighing the odds here. One hijacked plane every year out of thousands; radiate everyone at every time. And still since this Christmas bomber was led past all the security regulations anyway without them checking him for a passport or realizing that he was on the terror list or that his visa had ran out, so in the same circumstances he would probably just have bypassed/skipped the whole full-body scan process anyway as he did the rest of the security regulations that failed to catch him.

Airports are considering fitting every passenger with taser bracelets so if a passenger resists they can automatically stun them with a push of a button - but that's a flawed idea too because of the passenger has a hidden bomb there's no need to make a commotion that would catch attention. Just detonate it quietly in his seat.

Nowadays doctors are warned not to give their patients too many CT Scans because of the radiation. This is radiation from all around penetrating just below the skin to make a 3D image of a person, and if a person has to get this full-body scan every time they get on a plane, imagine how many times one international buisinessman will get radiated per day or week, then per month and year. The accumulating effects will contribute to the "trace amounts" of radiation in daily activities already causing cancer...right?

You guys can keep on accepting more security regulations but it's not going to stop terrorism...if someone wants a man on a plane they'll put him on there. He was already on the terror list, so why'd they let him on the plane? The key is to find out how this man got on the plane and change that. Cause and effect. There's a good more to the Christmas Day bomber than meets the eye, and it's weird and somewhat telling that with all the security measures like checking his passport, normal stuff, that failed, the news is taking the opportunity to introduce us to full-body scans.

Full corruption and failure to recognize passports and terror lists, yet we're focusing on underwear. Smart.

Last edited: