• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Akward Eggs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whenever i breed my typhlosion with a ditto or anything when the pokemon hatches they now fire blast flamethrower and dig, my typhlosion knows those moves but the pokemon that hatch should be able to inheriate them because it happens to all the pokemon that hatch except for the ones that cant learn those moves

S

S:C

It all depends on whether the Typhlosion is male or female. If it's male, the passing of moves should happen, but if it's female, it won't happen.

S

ShadowAlakazam

your typhlosion is a female aint it?

Guess you need to go through the source about breeding.

Male=Passes egg moves and tm moves
Female=Determines what pokemon. If both father and mother know a same move, and the baby is capable of learning it, that baby will be born with that move.

I assume your typhlosion is a female. So, the baby cyndaquil is like a normal lvl5 one.

H

Hukuzo

Except for attacks like Volt Tackle, which certain requirements must be met for the baby to know it.

Kasaioni

You're Illegal
its probobly female, so the moves won't pass down from your typhlosion.

TTar-X

<-Don't wake him up!
Well the reason why baby cynda is learning Fire Blast, Flamethrower, and Dig is b/c they are all "TMs" If the male parent knows a TM move, and the baby is capable of learning the TM, then those TM moves will be inherited by the baby cyndaquil so there's your answer.
I remember when I bred my Dragonite with the moves Boltbeam and Flamethrower back in the GSC days with a ditto. The hatched Dratini had the Boltbeam and Flamethrower moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.