• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Alain’s MC-X vs Tobias’s Darkrai and Latios

Who wins?

• Total voters

Genaller

Silver Soul
The other thread Alain vs Tobias thread has made me curious to see how votes would align in such a matchup. MC-X faces Darkrai and Latios back to back; who wins!!??

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
MCX will beat either drkrai or latios in 1 vs 1 match and can cause some damage to the other one but eventually lose to the other pokemon, i dont think MCX can take out both the legendary on its own, ash's sceptile taking out darkrai with some help just proves how strong it is (which makes sense since we gt to know it had prodigious skills even as a treecko, imagine how strong it would become if it mega evolves).

Genaller

Silver Soul
MCX will beat either drkrai or latios in 1 vs 1 match and can cause some damage to the other one but eventually lose to the other pokemon, i dont think MCX can take out both the legendary on its own, ash's sceptile taking out darkrai with some help just proves how strong it is (which makes sense since we gt to know it had prodigious skills even as a treecko, imagine how strong it would become if it mega evolves).
Cool and MC-X has proven it can wreck pokémon (at least) on the lvl of Ash’s Sceptile with negligible difficulty, so Darkrai losing to Sceptile (with mild help) isn’t cutting it. This is not going to be a competitive back and forth match; Darkrai might get a hit or 2 in, but that’s it and even then it won’t do much to MC-X due to the latter’s insane durability.

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
Alain is way too high in pure firepower, the only variable is Dark Void. If Alain can't pull MCX out of Dark Void just by calling its name, then Darkrai can whittle MCX down with Dream Eater.

k6666

Pikachu Fan
MCX cant take both legendary , he couldbeat 1 of them but lose to another
Darkrai beat 3 ash pokemon
latios get tie with Hackachu ( pikachu on league level ) the pikachu that after beat 2 pseduo and make mcx down to his knee even though it still lose

Genaller

Silver Soul
MCX cant take both legendary , he couldbeat 1 of them but lose to another
Darkrai beat 3 ash pokemon
latios get tie with Hackachu ( pikachu on league level ) the pikachu that after beat 2 pseduo and make mcx down to his knee even though it still lose
Lmao Peakachu got Base Charizard down to his knees (thanks to type advantage); not MC-X. At least get your facts straight when making your point. Also MC-X would utterly eviscerate the combination of pokémon that Darkrai fell to (even if we factor out type advantage).

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
It took the combination of Heracross,Torkoal,Gible and Sceptile to take out Tobias's Darkrai,it probably would have gone down sooner if it Ash brought out Sceptile earlier.I think it's safe to say that Alain's Charizard in it's base form can beat any of those three 1 on 1,MCX mode is overkill.So Charizard is taking out Darkrai with or without the help of Alain's other pokemon,even if it gets hit by Dark Void it's snapping out of it just like Sceptile did and KOing Darkrai.Without the Dark Void/Dream Eater hax combo Darkrai is getting stomped by MCX considering the amount of damage it took from just Heracross,Gible and Sceptile.

Latios finished off Sceptile and easily disposed of Swellow despite having a reputation in the past of having strong determination and a lot of endurance for a bird/flying type,took pretty much all the damage from Ash's Haxachu and only managed to tie with it.Quite impressive but still I could see MCX coming out the victor here.Haxachu from Sinnoh League would give Alain's Charizard a good fight if it's in it's base form but in MCX form it's game over for Haxachu.I literally named it "The Jiren of Pokemon Anime" because of it's overwhelming power and just being so far above the rest of the regular trainers' pokemon.

-Grand Zeno
-Grand Minister
-Angels

-Gods of Destruction
-Jiren

-Vegeta
-Hit
-Frieza
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Champions

-Elite Four
-Alain

-Ash
-Paul
-Virgil

MockingJ

Banned
Mega Charizard X would probably lose to Darkrai before it even gets a crack at Latios. I mean Dark Void itself is enough to render Charizard useless if it hits and I think Darkrai is quick enough to make the first move.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Mega Charizard X would probably lose to Darkrai before it even gets a crack at Latios. I mean Dark Void itself is enough to render Charizard useless if it hits and I think Darkrai is quick enough to make the first move.

Sceptile was able to tank both dark void and dream eater, i think MCX is definitely leagues above it, but i still maintain it wouldn't be able to beat both the legendary.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I'd say draw or narrow win, but Tobias would still have 4 Legendary Pokemon left at that point, and Alain's other Pokemon are nowhere near as strong.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I'd say draw or narrow win, but Tobias would still have 4 Legendary Pokemon left at that point, and Alain's other Pokemon are nowhere near as strong.
Would he? Logically he would need non-legendaries to catch them in the first place. Latios is accounted for due to Darkrai having the type advantage, but Darkrai would require some serious strategy to get. I'm assuming he had Primeape on his team because its Vital Spirit ability and Fighting type would counter much of what makes Darkrai so broken power-wise.

On that note, if its one of his known Pokemon versus Alain's ace, I think Latios would fare worse. Mega Charizard X may be weak to its dragon moves, but so is Latios and Mega Charizard X hits harder. Darkrai, however, has Dark Void hax and Mega Charizard X's STAB does neutral damage to him. I think that, in terms of raw power, Tobias' Darkrai is weaker than his Latios. Darkrai would've lost to Ash's Heracross had it not had Dream Eater, which also helped recover most its health due to the type advantage. But Sceptile beat Darkrai ultimately despite being mostly as strong as when it started. Latios was swiftly able to defeat Sceptile and Swellow(weakened, but still) and Pikachu(the most experienced member of Ash's team period) at the cost of its remaining HP