• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Alain vs Paul; Battle Of The Strongest!

Choose Every Statement That You Agree With

• Total voters

PokemonBattleFanatic-

On another note, why is the list of Pokémon owned by his rivals that you posted incomplete?
I was listing powerhouses

PokemonBattleFanatic-

So you don‘t think that Alain‘s Tyranitar, a pseudo, or his Weavile that managed to overwhelm Hawlucha despite the 4x weakness belongs on this list? The same can be said for many of Sawyer‘s Pokémon.
I got most of his pokemon,you're just nitpicking like I predicted you'd do.I don't think most of Sawyer's team is that strong but whether if I added Slaking and Aegislash wouldn't have mattered because he still falls short.Without Mega Evolution his team is below both Ash and Paul's teams from the Sinnoh League.

GLTSRY

An adventurer renowned for excavating Megastones
I got most of his pokemon,you're just nitpicking like I predicted you'd do.I don't think most of Sawyer's team is that strong but whether if I added Slaking and Aegislash wouldn't have mattered because he still falls short.

It‘s not really nitpicking. You added nearly all of Paul‘s Pokémon, despite some of them not having the feats to back this up, while leaving out other trainers Pokémon without explaining why.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

It‘s not really nitpicking. You added nearly all of Paul‘s Pokémon, despite some of them not having the feats to back this up, while leaving out other trainers Pokémon without explaining why.
Which of Paul's pokemon that I listed don't have feats to prove that they're powerful?

GLTSRY

Which of Paul's pokemon that I listed don't have feats to prove that they're powerful?
Gliscor‘s only battle as Paul’s Pokémon is against Ash’s Gligar, which is not the biggest feat. It was powerful in the episode that Paul decided to catch it, but we never saw it again.

Hariyama didn’t do much against Brandon. In the same battle Nidoking, despite ultimately losing quickly too, was at least praised by Brandon. It’s strength could be also debated however, considering that Torkoal of all Pokémon did well against Brandon.

As for Honchkrow, it only battles a Pokémon much stronger than him (Garchomp) or Ash’s NFE members, so I wouldn’t call it a powerhouse either.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Gliscor‘s only battle as Paul’s Pokémon is against Ash’s Gligar, which is not the biggest feat. It was powerful in the episode that Paul decided to catch it, but we never saw it again.
It took Murkrow,Weavile and Electabuzz to capture the wild Gliscor who Paul heard about and was impressed by it's power.In it's first battle under the guidance of Paul it easily disposes of Ash's Gligar so it's comfortably above Paul's Ninjask,Gastrodon,Froslass.Had it returned later on it would've still looked strong and had an updated moveset.
Hariyama didn’t do much against Brandon. In the same battle Nidoking, despite ultimately losing quickly too, was at least praised by Brandon. It’s strength could be also debated however, considering that Torkoal of all Pokémon did well against Brandon.
Most of if not all of Paul's bulky pokemon are tanks,this is an unfair example as they were up against Brandon's Regis plus none of them were dodging any of their attacks like Ash's Torkoal was,Nidoking got in the most hits before fainting,Brandon was also impressed by it's power.Had these pokemon faced Ash or any normal trainer/gym leader they'd have a better showing.I honestly believe those Regis got stronger since they were last seen battling Ash in late AG.

As for Honchkrow, it only battles a Pokémon much stronger than him (Garchomp) or Ash’s NFE members, so I wouldn’t call it a powerhouse either.
So why didn't you mention Magmortar then?It's only win in late DP was against Barry's Skarmory outside of that it took a ton of damage from Barry's Hydro Cannon along with taking hits from Ash's Pikachu and Buizel at Lake Acuity.But these examples just proves they're powerhouses,they have lot of endurance and had good showings on screen.

If you don't consider Honchkrow a powerhouse then I can't consider Ash's Swellow one either.Honchkrow has just as much endurance as Swellow does,has a much better moveset than Swellow and has the ability Super Luck,Swellow just has better speed.

Aggron,Weavile,Froslass,Ninjask and Gastrodon didn't impress me much so Honchkrow and Magmortar are definitely above those pokemon.

Even if I leave out Honchkrow,Nidoking,Gliscor and Hariyama Paul still has Sawyer beat in powerhouses which is just a flat out indisputable fact.

GLTSRY

Most of if not all of Paul's bulky pokemon are tanks,this is an unfair example as they were up against Brandon's Regis plus none of them were dodging any of their attacks like Ash's Torkoal was,Nidoking got in the most hits before fainting,Brandon was also impressed by it's power.Had these pokemon faced Ash or any normal trainer/gym leader they'd have a better showing.I honestly believe those Regis got stronger since they were last seen battling Ash in late AG.
That’s the issue with such Pokémon though, they are too big to dodge attacks.
So why didn't you mention Magmortar then?It's only win in late DP was against Barry's Skarmory outside of that it took a ton of damage from Barry's Hydro Cannon along with taking hits from Ash's Pikachu and Buizel at Lake Acuity.
Because I frankly couldn’t remember if there was any other battle where it was used or not. If I’m not sure about something, than I won’t mention it at all.
Even if I leave out Honchkrow,Nidoking,Gliscor and Hariyama Paul still has Sawyer beat in powerhouses which is just a flat out indisputable fact.
I don’t argue with this, that is indeed true. I just opposed the idea that Sawyer’s only powerhouses are Sceptile and Clawitzer. Especially Clawitzer was a surprise, considering that Slaking and Salamance tanked super effective hits and Aegislash could hold his own against Pikachu. I personally wouldn’t have mentioned Clawitzer.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

That’s the issue with such Pokémon though, they are too big to dodge attacks.
But this is what impressed me about Paul and his pokemon,he rarely commands them to dodge attacks,they're seen taking hits and then shrugging it off.It's like he used this battle style he implemented with his Torterra and then added it for the rest of his pokemon.
Because I frankly couldn’t remember if there was any other battle where it was used or not. If I’m not sure about something, than I won’t mention it at all.
Paul's Murkrow was more than likely stronger than Elekid,Weavile and Chimchar in early DP.Elekid was KO'ed by Chimchar in a flashback (Tears for Fears).

It defeated gym leader Maylene's Machoke/Meditite while Magmar defeated her Lucario.

Ninjask was captured by Paul using his Elekid in a flashback (Glory Blaze) while it took the efforts of Murkrow,Electabuzz and Weavile to take down Gliscor so that tells you Gliscor is at a higer level than Ninjask but for some reason the writers decided not to bring it back during the Sinnoh League.

Kuzehiko

That moment I realized I found a lifetime treasure
Paul's only issue is Alain's MCX,I don't think he has an answer for that,but he hard counters the rest of Alain's lineup due to having more team depth.
Yeah I forgot to add IF Paul uses a gimmick.
Paul is better than Alain in all departments, he is smarter, more tactical and has variety of powerhouses that can might use gimmicks easily.