• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Alain vs Paul; Battle Of The Strongest!

Choose Every Statement That You Agree With

• Total voters

Kage-Pikachu

Guy was smart enough to avoid looking into the Sharingan so it makes me wonder how a fight would have gone between him and Kakashi. Kakashi had incredibly low stamina due to being unable to turn off his Sharingan which he would no doubt need against Guy's speed. it would be great to see the alleged 1000 jutsu that Kakashi copied, i am sure it would have been an interesting but relatively short battle due to Kakashi's low stamina.

i wonder if Neji could disable the chakra flow in technique if he reacts fast enough or only directly on the users...

I can imagine Alain's MCX using techniques which are partially blocked by Light Screen and Paul's Electivire trying to counter attack during the final round.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hiruzen would need Reaper Death Seal,Orochimaru would resort to using Reanimation jutsu,Guy takes all the others down with the 7th Gate via Hirudora.

GLTSRY

Sorry not sorry for my smugness
Hiruzen would need Reaper Death Seal,Orochimaru would resort to using Reanimation jutsu,Guy takes all the others down with the 7th Gate via Hirudora.
Again, there’s a very high chance that Gai wouldn’t be able to take all that recoil damage at that time.

All of the Sannin would be clowning on Guy: Orochimaru survived physical attacks from 4-tail-Kyuubi despite not being able to use Ninjutsu, Jiraiya could counter with Sage Mode and Tsunade has her healing technique. As for Hiruzen, his only fight pre-death was before all the power creep happened, but everyone was shocked to see that he could keep up against Hashirama and Tobirama, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he could defeat Guy without the Shiki Fujin

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Again, there’s a very high chance that Gai wouldn’t be able to take all that recoil damage at that time.

All of the Sannin would be clowning on Guy: Orochimaru survived physical attacks from 4-tail-Kyuubi despite not being able to use Ninjutsu, Jiraiya could counter with Sage Mode and Tsunade has her healing technique. As for Hiruzen, his only fight pre-death was before all the power creep happened, but everyone was shocked to see that he could keep up against Hashirama and Tobirama, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he could defeat Guy without the Shiki Fujin
That's what you want to believe but all the things you mentioned about Jiraiya's Sage Mode and the 4th Tail Kyuubi,the 7th Gate is above all that.

Kage-Pikachu

I have always wondered if Tsunade would be able to defeat Kakashi and Guy, she isn't exceptionally fast but was able to deal with Kabuto fairly well (he was stated to be at Kakashi's level in part 1) but i find it hard to believe she could touch Kakashi and Guy, mostly because Kishimoto always struggles with powerful female characters (face palm).

GLTSRY

That's what you want to believe but all the things you mentioned about Jiraiya's Sage Mode and the 4th Tail Kyuubi,the 7th Gate is above all that.
I think it’s difficult to say something like that, especially regarding Sage Mode vs Inner Gates, considering that before the power creep, it also mattered how you used a power. Sage Mode Jiraiya also has access to the Genjutsu that defeated 3 Pains.

I have always wondered if Tsunade would be able to defeat Kakashi and Guy, she isn't exceptionally fast but was able to deal with Kabuto fairly well (he was stated to be at Kakashi's level in part 1) but i find it hard to believe she could touch Kakashi and Guy, mostly because Kishimoto always struggles with powerful female characters (face palm).
Do you mean in part 1, or at another point in time?

GLTSRY

i mean before the time skip after the Sasuke Retrieval arc. Orochimaru and Jiraiya both said that Kakashi and Kabuto were equal
That statement always seemed like BS to me, especially considering Kakashi’s past as an ANBU member.

I think Tsunade would defeat them both. Gai has a better chance if he really went all out and used the 7th gate, but even then, the best he could do is a draw considering all the recoil damage he’d get.

Kage-Pikachu

i used to think that too, but then i remember that Kabuto easily kills ANBU black ops members offscreen on several occasions. including several at once that were guarding Sasuke. He seems skilled to me but his arrogance is his downfall, i doubt Kakashi would have been hit by Naruto Rasengan the way Kabuto was.

you think tsunade would win? i think her main problem would be actually hitting them with her super strength.

GLTSRY

i used to think that too, but then i remember that Kabuto easily kills ANBU black ops members offscreen on several occasions. including several at once that were guarding Sasuke. He seems skilled to me but his arrogance is his downfall, i doubt Kakashi would have been hit by Naruto Rasengan the way Kabuto was.
But wasn’t Kakashi a special case even within the ANBU? He somehow managed to make the other villages fear his name despite ANBU’s hiding their identities, so he clearly is much stronger than your average ANBU shinobi.
you think tsunade would win? i think her main problem would be actually hitting them with her super strength.
She could always hit the ground, but I guess we’ll never know since she seems to excel when fighting as a team and we never saw her in a 1v1. She survived being cut in half by Madara though, so Gai and Kakashi might struggle with killing her

Stop talking about Naruto in Pokemon

Kage-Pikachu

But wasn’t Kakashi a special case even within the ANBU? He somehow managed to make the other villages fear his name despite ANBU’s hiding their identities, so he clearly is much stronger than your average ANBU shinobi.

She could always hit the ground, but I guess we’ll never know since she seems to excel when fighting as a team and we never saw her in a 1v1. She survived being cut in half by Madara though, so Gai and Kakashi might struggle with killing her
true he was always a prodigy but Kabuto was too, to the extent that Danzo wanted him eliminated. I nearly forgot about Tsunade's Creation Rebirth, you may have a point about her being hard to kill.
Stop talking about Naruto in Pokemon
hehe we are using naruto to draw comparisons to pokemon. Alain vs Paul is a match we will never see similar to many other fights that we will never see in anime (vegeta vs piccolo, Janemba vs Majin Buu, etc)

PokemonBattleFanatic-

My reasoning: Drapion’s biggest feat was taking out 3 of Ash’s Pokémon in the Sinnoh league. A fantastic feat for sure, but the Pokémon in question were 3 of Ash’s weaker DP mons. Likewise, Ursaring took down 2 Pokémon in the Lake Acuity battle and defeated Barry’s Hitmonlee - good feats for sure, and over time, both definitely became stronger.
Sinnoh League

Drapion beats Kingler,Squirtle,Corphish and Totodile in place of Buizel.

Drapion beats Noctowl and Swellow in place of Staraptor.

Drapion loses to Sceptile,beats Bayleef,draws/loses to Bulbasaur in place of Torterra.

Ursaring beats Empoleon,Heracross,Staraptor,Skarmory,and Roserade in place of Hitmonlee.

The Grizzly Bear was on steroids,that's all there is to it.

‐--------------------------------------------------------------

Lake Acuity

Ursaring beats Squirtle,Totodile,Corphish and Kingler in place of Buizel.

Ursaring beats Swellow and Noctowl in place of Staraptor.

Another sweep for Ursaring

Last edited:

GLTSRY

Ash and his JN team vs Paul (Torterre, Electivire, Garchomp, Drapion, Ursaring, 6th member of your choice). 6v6 with one gimmick allowed, though Paul probably has none. Who‘d win? @PokemonBattleFanatic-

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I stand by my original opinion
No way in hell Paul gets swept
Paul easily comes under the category of Flint and Raihan atleast, who were Masters 8

Paul's strats and battle IQ outsmarts Alain, but he himself isnt just a brute, he has skills and smarts beyond his sheer strength.

I can see it being a close battle with the last mons left of Torterra vs Mega Charizard X respectively, and despite Paul's strats and analytics to trap Alain, MCX power is too much for it to hold. Meanwhile, if it was just Base Charizard, I see Paul pulling a W

So basically, Paul is an elite tier, beats Alain if he doesnt mega evolve but loses if Alain mega evolves, while not being swept and able to almost close the gap
Also for funsies, here is my personal strongest Paul vs Alain team

Paul: Torterra, Electivire, Garchomp, Ursaring, Magmortar, Drapion
Alain: MCX, Chesnaught, Metagross, Bisharp, Weavile, Malamar