• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Alain vs Paul; Battle Of The Strongest!

Choose Every Statement That You Agree With

• Total voters

SkyBlaze9125

I'm pretty sure Alain can beat him without even Mega Evolving his Charizard unless Kukui resorts to using a pokemon that isn't even his.

What did Iris do before making the M8?Yeah Lucario and Gengar marginally won after learning new moves.You're ignoring that Paul has other pokemon besides the 3 he used in that training battle so I can't say it was equal footing.
Iris made it to the Master 8. So she strong enough to enter the Master 8.

And I’m not sure how this Paul v Alain debate got turn into an Paul v Iris debate

SkyBlaze9125

"League" Champion which is the same as Ash.All 3 won in a pokemon league.Ash being the strongest trainer of the Alola region doesn't mean jack sh*t compared to the likes of Cynthia,Lance and Steven.

On DP grounds
Yeah but Ash won the 1st Alola League so there technically isn’t no Alola Champion League for him. He automatically become the 1st Champion and leave Alola. I guess he’ll have to come back and defend his title when the 2nd Alola League occur.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Be specific. What in DP?
Strongest pokemon we seen him use in DP.

Torterra
Electivire
Drapion
Ursaring
Magmortar
Honchkrow
Except Ash is the Champion of Alola, unlike Tyson or Virgil, and the Masters 8 Tournament is enough proof of that.
Then you look at who he beat and realize it wasn't all that impressive,Kalos League Runner is arguably a better achievement.
Iris made it to the Master 8. So she strong enough to enter the Master 8.
But how does that make her stronger than Paul?
Yeah but Ash won the 1st Alola League so there technically isn’t no Alola Champion League for him. He automatically become the 1st Champion and leave Alola. I guess he’ll have to come back and defend his title when the 2nd Alola League occur.
No E4,no Champions,no Gym Leaders,he beat Gladion to become Alola League Champion and then beat a Professor who is comparable to Virgil minus Tapu Koko.I'll say the same thing Paul said about the Sunnyshore Gym ---->>> NOT LEGIT!

Last edited:

SkyBlaze9125

Strongest pokemon we seen him use in DP.

Then you look at who he beat and realize it wasn't all that impressive,Kalos League Runner is arguably a better achievement.

But how does that make her stronger than Paul?

No E4,no Champions,no Gym Leaders,he beat Gladion to become Alola League Champion and then beat a Professor who is comparable to Virgil minus Tapu Koko.I'll say the same thing Paul said about the Sunnyshore Gym ---->>> NOT LEGIT!
I guess that meant every 1st Champions aren’t legit because their wasn’t a previous Champions or Elite 4 to fight over

PokemonBattleFanatic-

I guess that meant every 1st Champions aren’t legit because their wasn’t a previous Champions or Elite 4 to fight over
Sugar coating and apologizing
Kukui, who is basically the equivalent of the Alola Champion and the strongest trainer of the region. Which is the biggest achievement before the Masters 8.
He isn't on the level of Cynthia,Lance,Steven or any of the E4 pre Journeys.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Still by far something that counts, specially when the anime itself TELL US it counts and matters.
It counts and is still not that impressive,stop sugar coating dude.
And I'm asking what makes you think these are his strongest?
Yeah sure he obviously has other pokemon we haven't seen but I'm going off what he used throughout all of DP.But you earlier said Electivire was his ace which kills your argument.

NPT

Just a member

"NO! Ash being the Alola Champion doesn't count! DOESN'T COUNT!"

*Ash beats Leon and becomes the world champion*

"NO NO NO! Steven, Lance, Cynthia and all other champions are better than him!! Ash will NEVER be on their level!!"

Every time.

Vernikova

Champion
Yeah sure he obviously has other pokemon we haven't seen but I'm going off what he used throughout all of DP.But you earlier said Electivire was his ace which kills your argument.
No, no doesn't. I've already said that Electivire was a bit ahead because its his ace. You're now arguing that his strongest team is composed of six specific Pokemon. Me agreeing that Elective is his strongest isn't the same as me agreeing that these are his six strongest.

Since that's what you've fallen back on, I guess you don't actually have an argument for your own claim?

PokemonBattleFanatic-

No, no doesn't. I've already said that Electivire was a bit ahead because its his ace. You're now arguing that his strongest team is composed of six specific Pokemon. Me agreeing that Elective is his strongest isn't the same as me agreeing that these are his six strongest.

Since that's what you've fallen back on, I guess you don't actually have an argument for your own claim?
And the only reason Electivire was claimed to be Paul's ace was because it was featured at the Sinnoh League while Torterra wasn't.Technically TEDUMH isn't his strongest team since he didn't use all of them in one battle,but those are the strongest pokemon we seen from him not counting any off screen reserves that he had.I could've mentioned more and just made a top 10 but that's pushing it at this point.
It is Ash's biggest achievement before the Masters 8 Tournament, so yes it is impressive, and more importantly, it is a legitimate one.
You do realize he defeated an undefeated Darkrai?

You do realize he defeated a rookie trainer who had a full team and went toe to toe with his Greninja?

You do realize he conquered the Battle Frontier which includes Spenser,Anabel and Brandon?

You do realize he defeated his second strongest rival who is only behind Alain?

RafaSceptile

You do realize he defeated an undefeated Darkrai?
With the help of like 4 different Pokemon, one of which is a regional ace. Ash ended losing 4-0 anyways
You do realize he defeated a rookie trainer who had a full team and went toe to toe with his Greninja?
Mega-Sceptile was absolutely overwhelmed by Ash-Greninja in the end, it barely can count as "toe to toe"
You do realize he conquered the Battle Frontier which includes Spenser,Anabel and Brandon?
This is the only one of those that is an actual achievement, still not the biggest one prior to the Masters 8 Tournament.

You do realize he defeated his second strongest rival who is only behind Alain?
Not an actual achievement outside of a personal level because Paul's biggest feat was not winning in 4 Pokemon Leagues (like Ash)

PokemonBattleFanatic-

With the help of like 4 different Pokemon, one of which is a regional ace. Ash ended losing 4-0 anyways
That same Darkrai is sweeping all of Ash's opponents at that League with the Dark Void/Dream Eater combo,it's so easy a caveman could do it.
Mega-Sceptile was absolutely overwhelmed by Ash-Greninja in the end, it barely can count as "toe to toe"
Sawyer is still a match for all of Ash's Alola League opponents at the end of the day.
This is the only one of those that is an actual achievement, still not the biggest one prior to the Masters 8 Tournament.
WHAT?!
Not an actual achievement outside of a personal level because Paul's biggest feat was not winning in 4 Pokemon Leagues (like Ash)
Same reason I stated above for Sawyer.You're putting "Ash beating weaker competition at a Don George esque pokemon league" on a higher pedestal than a trainer he beat that easily clears in his sleep.