• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Albums/Shuffle/Playlist etc

How do you primarily listen to music?

• Albums

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Shuffle

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Playlist

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Other

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
How do you generally listen to music?

We're all different musically, not just in the music we play, but the way in which we play it. So I was wondering, do you mostly listen to Albums as a whole, be that on an Ipod/Computer/CD/Vinyl etc, Do you just shuffle your entire library, do you make a playlist of stuff, do you just go through and listen to one song at a time then find another?

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
I'd say 90% of the time I play albums as a whole, mainly of my PC or Ipod. I feel a good album should be worth hearing as a whole, and really good albums should feel like all the tracks are part of something bigger, as if it where composed as an album rather than a mere collection of songs.

The other 10% is mainly made of of me putting my One Tree Hill Playlist on shuffle.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
PC: Open winamp, play individual songs as I feel like listening to them. Playlists/entire albums are for when I'm feeling lazy or for when I'm listening to a new album for the first time.
mp3 player: I generally play entire artists/albums at once, or use playlsits. I'll very rarely shuffle if I feel like getting disoriented with my music jumping between 5 distinctly different genres.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
On iTunes I usually always listen to albums but occasionally I'll make a playlist of my 'favourite songs of the moment'.

On my iPod I usually listen to random songs I fancy listening to.

But mostly, I like to listen to albums all the way through.

SmartD

I pick a song to listen to from my playlist.

Vernikova

Champion
I always use shuffle unless I want to listen to specific songs.

Album. When listened together, each individual song from the album sounds so much better.

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
If there is a song that I'm particularly obsessed with at a certain point in time, I'll listen to it. If there is a new album I've got, I'll listen to the full album all the way through. In all other cases, I go with Shuffle because I like listening to random songs that I haven't heard in a while :]

Spookz

Lumos
I have several different playlists that I listen to on shuffle. Most of my playlists are based on genre or moods.

I listen to complete albums on occasion, usually when I get something new, but sometimes I just feel in the mood for a certain artist (though usually in this case I'll just shuffle all of their music).

On rare occasions, like right now when I can't decide what I feel like listening to, I just listen to my entire album on shuffle.

BlazingCold

I use shuffle.

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
I put my fave songs in a Playlist - shuffle it and skip songs until I find a good song to listen to as a start xD then play it on max on my earphones - dont care what my classmates think, nya~

Simipour

<('.'<) (>'.')>
Playlist. When my ipod shuffle croaked(it started working again ike a year later), i bought a regular MP3 that has files, and i put certain songs into files. I'm usually just listening to the 3 or 4 newest songs on repeat lol(newest to me)

Meowth City

Staff member
I primarily use shuffle. I love not knowing what will come up next. I don't do playlists or whole album, but I pick a single song and keep repeating it (when I want to hear just that song)

Fenix

Tremulant
I'd say 90% of the time I play albums as a whole, mainly of my PC or Ipod. I feel a good album should be worth hearing as a whole, and really good albums should feel like all the tracks are part of something bigger, as if it where composed as an album rather than a mere collection of songs.
This basically. Probably even higher than 90% for me, as I only listen to stuff on shuffle every once in a blue moon.