• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Alcremie's Super Sweet Battle?! (1171)

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Will this series threat something seriously? Rivals are funny, competition is funny, the game-changing mechanic that was Gygamax was a FAT JOKE.

tbh as Omode herself said: "After it was determined that this was going to be a Mawhip episode, it was then decided to have Dande and Kibana, who hadn't appeared in a while, be in it. And when those are the two core components you start off with, you have no other choice but to write a comedy (laughs)."

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
SM series was just superior to journey's in every way, this series makes me miss unova series.
I agree SM is better but I was particularly talking about this episode feeling SM like, not the whole series which while still retaining its SoL nature in some aspects fails to capture the charm and aspect of SM that made it so amazing to watch
I think this episode had a SM vibe coz of the way the pokemon and characters were characterised together, the way the gags played out and the baking competition's events unfolding

Decidueye23

This episode delivered what it promised. I would have like to see a full fledged battle wirh opal, but hey we got galar, alcremie and raihan and leon. Goh didnt feel like he was beeing shoehorned. So i ll take that as a W. One of the better JN episodes imo

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
tbh as Omode herself said: "After it was determined that this was going to be a Mawhip episode, it was then decided to have Dande and Kibana, who hadn't appeared in a while, be in it. And when those are the two core components you start off with, you have no other choice but to write a comedy (laughs)."
Weeeirdest decision ever.

Could have easily made them both appear doing something else rather than make them decorate cakes.

In fact, they have other Galar characters they could use or even debut, so...

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member

Could have easily made them both appear doing something else rather than make them decorate cakes.

Omode was told to write a Mawhip episode starring Dande and Kibana. The writers have a decent amount of freedom, but they have to work with the starting point they're given, and this starting point just didn't lend itself to much other than a comedy.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
So it ain't gigantamax but just Pikachu stuffing himself too much with that cake. Ok, I admit that one was funny...

Decent episode. Honestly, it was more about the blatant fanservice to Leon and Raihan fans but it was at least entertaining. I like they brought up Ash's trait of being bad at cooking and twisted it around in a way he can suceed without looking overly too weird.

How Goh Alcreamie was kind of odd. I'd much rather they just had Opal giving him one. Pulling him getting Milcery AND evolving it in a less than 2 minutes was... Weird. But I guess they wanted to show off the evolution method for Alcreamie somehow?

All in all, a decent episode. Not many bad things to talk about.

Yoshitsugu Matsuoka

Inosuke's VA. Surprised I didn't recognize his voice

BlueDragonfangirl

I am sure Satoshi learnt alot from Mallow and Serena when it comes to baking and decorating
Pretty much this, that's nice. Whenever Serena gets that cameo she will be pleased.

Forgot it was Friday, I was mostly intrested in this episode because Ash normally sucks at baking. It pays not to have a female lead I guess as Ash learns to bake on his own without them.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

Sure would have been a good way to briefly debut one of the other characters like Marnie or Bede

Kungfu-Bear

My personal thoughts (I haven't read the thread yet so I might be being redundant):
(+) More Galar
(+) Leon's affinity for getting lost, finally. I was already finding him an even more bland character in the anime
(+) Full of continuity (for Journeys this is something)
(+) New interactions with Poplar, Leon and especially Raihan who was lacking more
(+) We actually got a battle between Ash and Opal, and it was good despite being short and without result.
(+) I liked the idea of using Alcremie's body quirk to limit opponent movement (although it's Pikachu's super-effective Iron Tail we're talking about)
(+) No Goh stealing Ash's spotlight (or vice versa if this ever happened)

(+-) Wha?... Pikachu turned Gmax by eating G-Alcremie's cream? I don't know what to think of this but everyone's reaction was great.
(+-) During the episode I was wondering if this was all just a waste of time, if Leon and Raihan are superstar trainers with a lot of free time and if there was some message or plan thought by Opal behind a cake-making competition. In the end I didn't understand if Opal was really planning battles from the start and what to bring out of the episode.
(+-) So, can Ash 'cook' now? xD

(-) Goh pheromones did it again
(-) Dynamax
(-) Was it a Gigantamax or not? Not the greatest move if it was just a gag. Call me boring but I think there must be better ways to make child audience laugh, without sacrificing so much 'logic' in the context the characters were in (even though Dynamax itself already suffers from the lack of it)
(-) I really like Opal (I love the elders in Pokémon), but I was hoping she would show more of her badass side in fight
(-) Just a nitpick, but seeing Leon and Raihan doing other activities would be great, with more casual clothes