• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Alder's Typing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venomfang

Perky Goth
Defenitly bug type.

Super Nerd 7997

Crazy Plant Guy
I don't think Alder has a certain type. Sure he has three bugs, but notice two of them are sort of related - Accelgor and Escavilier. The two you need to trade with each other to evolve. He also has a Vulcarona, which is a very rare species you can only get in two places. It's not unusual for a champion to have rare Pokemon with odd methods of aquiring them. Stephen Stone had fossils and Metagross, Cynthia had Spiritomb and Lucario, and Alder has Accelgor, Escavilier, and Volcarona.

Pokemon Breeder Akane

ポケモンソムリエ
In my opinion the champion characters are made out to be as similar to the player character as possible with no restriction to types only preference, to present an independence of sorts to give the feeling of the champions starting out like the player at some point. Although this is just a speculation of the way Game Freak wanted to present the "best trainer" in the region as.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Alder's like Steven Stone.

Skydra

I think Alder is a fictional character in a fictional world where fictional people battle with fictional creatures.
Way to completely deviate from the topic and state the obvious. We know Alder doesn't exist, we don't need you to tell us.

Alder's like Steven Stone.

You're right, Steven has half steels and Alder has half bugs. They have a preferred type but are willing to use other types on their team.

thekorean

Alder should have Accelgor OR Escavalier, not both. Adding a Psychic pokemon wont hurt either, Dark pokemon can also help.

kyogreblue3

take a byte
sure, Alder has three bug-types on his team (Volcarona, Excavalier, and Accelgor), but that doesn't mean he's a Bug-type Chmapion. Don't forget the other half of his team: Druddigon, Bouffalant, and Vanilluxe. Which reminds me, you could easily wreck Alder's whole team if you had an Emboar . . .

Plat. Frontier

Epic Mustache
^ Words for all you tepig haters out there :p

Still a hater. I beat his team with ONLY a Samurott.

Anyways... all you need is a Dragon-type that knows one Fire-type move, one Dragon-type move, and one Fighting-type move. *coughs*Hydregion*coughs*.

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus
Still a hater. I beat his team with ONLY a Samurott.

Anyways... all you need is a Dragon-type that knows one Fire-type move, one Dragon-type move, and one Fighting-type move. *coughs*Hydregion*coughs*.

You'd probably need a Rock type move in there as well for Volcarona.

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild
Not true. His wandering could have been after he became champion, but the so-called denying of the spot of champion is in place so that the player can still enjoy the game even after they beat it, as it wouldn't make sense for the rest of their in-game life to be responding to challenges.
Alder ran around as welll

Status
Not open for further replies.