• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Alien Truths

Ivoright

I am back! Probably.
What is this fic about?

A young man, knowing nothing but the True way, wanders into a world of differing Ideals on a quest to understand the origin of his mysterious travel partner.

I may have bitten off more than I can chew here, but I'm going through with this. My writing process is very slow, so chapters won't have a consistent schedule, with the shortest time being a week or so. I also like to have one chapter "In the hopper", so that if I suffer a long hiatus, I can keep you pleased with what I have already written.
And here's the story!
---
Alien Truths- Beginnings
---
The sun shone through emerald green leaves, casting a partial shadow on the forest floor.
A large alderwood tree stood amongst its smaller brethren, and a rough rope dropped down from a lower branch.

A boy, clothed in leaves and bark, shimmied down, but the poor rope snapped under his weight, dropping him the rest of the way down.
He ran his fingers through his blonde hair and considered the rope.

He dismissed it, walked over to a covering of leaves, and picked up a white, round, stone underneath.
The boy picked it up and began walking away from the great tree.
Eventually, he came to a large clearing, seemingly created by a fire.
He placed the stone in the center, gave it a few light taps, and ran.

The stone began shaking, then rose into the air, glowing. It began to draw in aura from the area, and then it stopped with a flash of light and all was silent.

Then it began spinning, creating an orb of energy around itself. The stone disappeared, and a great beast appeared in its place, seemingly asleep.
The orb of energy dissipated, and the beast unfurled itself dramatically, beat its wings a few times, and landed.

It roared with the ferocity of fire itself, spread its wings, and lit up its conical tail like a torch, which created a great blaze around itself.

The fires calmed, and the boy approached Reshiram with a casual gait, stepping over burnt logs and ashes with ease, as if he had done this before.

Hello, Ebony. Reshiram spoke, telepathically.
"Hello, father. How was your sleep?" Ebony said, addressing Reshiram.
Rather uninteresting, as always. I may compare it to being suspended in time, while the rest of the world continues around me.
"If I may ask..."
And you may.
"I am yearning to know what is beyond the trees. Could you tell me?"
That is a vast question, son. I would be able to tell you, but it would take a great amount of time to do so. Instead, I will summarize.
There are parts of the ground that rise up into an enormous peak, basins of water so large that you cannot see the other side, structures of metal and wood... And that is only a few things. The world is exceedingly large, so large that it would take me a full day to fly around it, with maximum effort.

"I want to see it all. The ground-peaks, the water-basins, and the structures made of metal."
Hmm... Reshiram growled softly, thinking.
I see no reason not to... But you will need a partner in your travels, another Pokémon, maybe...
Yes. Go to the creek, there are many Sitrus plants there. Gather many of them, and lay them in a pile.

"How will that help to find a Pokémon?" Ebony questioned.
Many consume the berries, and by doing as I said, it may attract one seeking a feast.
When one has appeared, approach it cautiously to gain its trust. This may have to be repeated several times over a long period. Go now, but return to this spot only when you are successful.

"Thank you, father."
---
Ebony left, and I watched until he disappeared between the trees.
I pondered, thinking about the past.
Why had I chosen to adopt this child?

The answer is simple. I make decisions based on the Truth, which governs all. But when the time came, when I saw the abandoned child on the cliff face of Victory Road, that sense was absent, and so I did what I thought was right, instead of what I knew was right.

As a result, I found himself tending to the child, which I named Ebony, every waking moment.
And I felt new emotions, those of a parent.

Perhaps a bit of future sight? A great landslide occurred there about a decade ago, but many others died in that... Why him? Why not all, or none?

There are many things not governed by Truth, such as preferences or minor descisions...

I must seek out Zekrom.
---
Ebony reached the creek which was flowing over rocks and branches. He saw the Sitrus bushes on the other side.
He crossed where many stones formed a path, then began plucking the berries, maybe eating a few himself.

Eventually, he gathered what he thought was enough and headed to a spot close by where two trees grew close together, set the gathering of Sitrus berries in a pile, and hid behind the double tree.

A few hours later, a rustle in the undergrowth signaled the arrival of something. Ebony drew a paddle-shaped weapon from his back.
A Scolipede crawled out of the bushes seeking the source of the scent.
Ebony lowered his weapon, and slowly approached the arthropod, which was munching on one of the berries.

He approached it slowly, holding his hand out as a sign of trust. The Scolipede noticed him, reared up, and promptly charged. Ebony dodged, and bonked it on the head with his paddle, causing the Scolipede to flee.

He returned to the spot behind the trees and waited once more. He wouldn't let a minor failure set him back.

Night had fallen, and Ebony had fallen asleep. Two orbs of bright light peeked out from the trees, then dimmed.
"Sususmusu, can't see anything in these woods... FLASH!" A grumpy voice shouted, and the light reappeared.
"Doya know where we are?" A second, more high-pitched voice said.
"Course I don't, we're lost, remember?" The grumpy voice replied.
"Oh, yeah, hey wassat?"

The light came to the spot where Ebony was sleeping, revealing two humanoid, floating, creatures. They had no legs, instead ghostly fire emitting from the bottom of their heads. A similar ghostly fire emitted from the tops. One of them had a magmortar-esque cannon for its left hand, with rounded fingers, and a displeased expression. The other had sharp claws, and a content face. Two electric strands joined the two together by their heads.

"Doesn't look too civilized... let's shoot it.
OPTIC BL-"
"Noooo, don't, it could tell us where we are!" The cheery one interrupted.
The creature floated down to Ebony, and placed its rounded fingered hand on his forehead.
Wake.
"Who... What are you?"

Last edited: