• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

All about Kingdom Hearts (disscusion on anything, games, release dates, etc. for kh)

Treemander

~ The Wise Cracker ~
I know its long but its been confirmed

About the new Kingdom Hearts title that will be announced after summer this year (2007), will that be a direct sequel?
Tetsuya Nomura: “Hmm…I’m not sure how much I can say. I’ll start of by saying that it’s not Kingdom Hearts 3.”

So this game will be a side story?
Tetsuya Nomura: “That’s right. My own feelings are that I would like to give Sora a break from large adventures for a little while. So I’m thinking of making the next game’s story focus on other characters.”

So by a little while, do you mean that Sora’s journey from Kingdom Hearts 2 hasn’t finished?
Tetsuya Nomura: “Yes. If you’re talking about the mysteries that started from Kingdom Hearts 1, then those were all revealed. In the ending of Kingdom Hearts II, there was a scene where Sora received a letter from the King; for Sora, I would like you to consider this as a new beginning. The truth is, until the very end, I was considering whether or not to include a scene showing them setting off on a journey after reading the letter.”

So, let’s talk about this new story, which doesn’t have Sora as the main character. What sort of story will it be?
Tetsuya Nomura: “Well, I need to start with the story depicted in a Birth by Sleep. Aside from that, there’s the story of how the King found his keyblade in the world of darkness and other things like that. Myself, one of the things I most want to do is to give Roxas more of a role to play. I think it would be interesting to flesh out more of the year he spent between his birth and disappearance. Or making Riku the main character, and writing about his desperate fight while Sora was asleep, and things like that. You get the impression that Riku summoned Roxas to a place of shadows, and that Riku is a master of shadows, so I would like to give him more exploration in the game.”

Will there be anything different in the game system?
Tetsuya Nomura: “I’d like to try something a little different to the previous games in the KH series. I’m not just talking about the next game, more about the next project, so I can’t say that it will just be one game (laughs). For the Kingdom Hearts series, being made with our company and Disney, both companies have things in mind that we would like to make reality, so there’s always at least two things we want to do.”

What platform does it look like the next game will be released on?
Tetsuya Nomura: “Hmm… Probably a hand-held platform. Right now we’re working on titles for the PSP (FFVII Crisis Core), Nintendo DS (This Wonderful World) and for mobile phones (MONOTONE), so I wouldn’t be surprised if it were on any of those platforms.”

Is there any chance that this game may be released on multiple platforms?
Tetsuya Nomura: “We haven’t considered that in the development. If possible, I would like to make a system that suits the platform. But in contrast, in terms of ideas, I would want ideas that could be released on any platform.”

The more I hear about the next game, the more exciting it sounds, but for the fans the first thing to do is to see KH2 Final Mix’s secret movie isn’t it?
Tetsuya Nomura: “Yes. I’m worried that we made the conditions for getting the secret movie too hard, but through reading this guide, I hope the readers will be able to see the secret movie. Finding a way to defeat (the new boss) is tough, but I’ve seen it done, so I know it’s not impossible (laughs). If you’re able to see the new secret movie and turn your thoughts to the next Kingdom Hearts, I’d be very happy.”

END OF INTERVIEW

So, perhaps not too much new information, but I think we can take Nomura’s comment that I have highlighted above where he says he would like Sora to have a break from large adventures can be taken to indicate that there will be a Kingdom Hearts III at some point in the future. He doesn’t say he wants to change the format forever, simply that Sora should have a break. I may be foolish, but I take this as a bit of a slip, and that there will more likely than ever, be a Kingdom Hearts 3.

News on 3 games

The official North American Square-Enix site has been updated with information about the Japanese versions of the 3 upcoming games:

A New Chapter in the KINGDOM HEARTS Series Delivers Three Brand-new Titles to the Nintendo DS, PlayStation Portable, and Mobile Phones
Square Enix, Co., Ltd. (Tokyo, Japan, Square Enix), a leading developer and publisher of interactive entertainment software and services, announced three new titles in the award-winning KINGDOM HEARTS series at the Tokyo Game Show 2007 held in Makuhari Messe. The new titles are KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days for the Nintendo DS™, KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep for the PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system, and KINGDOM HEARTS coded for mobile phones. These titles are currently only confirmed for release in Japan. Release in other territories will be determined at a later date.

KINGDOM HEARTS is a fresh and original series of role-playing games created by the collaboration of The Walt Disney Company’s game development affiliate, Disney Interactive Studios, and Square Enix. The first installment, released in 2002, has been followed up by two chart-topping sequels. The immense popularity of the series has earned worldwide shipments of over 11 million copies in only five and a half years.

KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days
Developer: Square Enix Co., Ltd. / h.a.n.d. Inc.
Publisher: Square Enix Co., Ltd.
Platform: Nintendo DS
Genre: RPG
ESRB: TBD
Ship Date: TBD

The untold story of another hero.
Organization XIII, Number 13, Roxas

In KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days, you will explore a variety of Disney worlds in not only single-player mode, but also in multiplayer missions made possible by the unique networking features of the Nintendo DS.

-Twilight Town-
Roxas and Axel were watching the sunset from their usual spot on the station’s clock tower after a long day of collecting “hearts” from the Heartless, as ordered by their organization. When their daily work ended, they often spent their evenings there. They talked about the day’s work and other things over ice cream.

“Do you know why the sun looks red as it sinks below the horizon? It’s because among the countless colors comprising light, red travels the greatest distance.”

“You’re just trying to show off, Axel!”

It was idle chatter between two boys without hearts.
This is the untold story of Organization XIII’s Roxas.

Staff

Director: Tetsuya Nomura (FINAL FANTASY V-VIII, X, FINAL FANTASY VII, ADVENT CHILDREN, KINGDOM HEARTS)

Co-director: Tomohiro Hasegawa (FINAL FANTASY VIII, X, KINGDOM HEARTS series)

Producer: Patrick Chen (KINGDOM HEARTS series)

Executive Producer: Shinji Hashimoto (KINGDOM HEARTS series)

KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep
Developer: Square Enix Co., Ltd.
Platform: PSP

It was an awakening that would signal the beginning of the KINGDOM HEARTS saga.

KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep is the tale of a new trio of heroes, told across three scenarios utilizing the groundbreaking technology of the PSP. Exciting new features will be introduced on top of the traditional controls, game system, and visual style of its predecessors.

The Keyblade is said to hold phenomenal power.
One legend says its wielder saved the world,
while another says that he wrought chaos and ruin upon it.
—from Ansem’s Report (KINGDOM HEARTS)

Long before Sora took up the Keyblade, there were other Keyblade masters. One of these masters, Xehanort, disappeared one day along with his apprentice. This event proved to be a foreshadowing of great disaster to come. Aware of the threat, another master ordered his three apprentices to seek out Xehanort and his cohort.

Staff

Director: Tetsuya Nomura (FINAL FANTASY V-VIII, X, FINAL FANTASY VII, ADVENT CHILDREN, KINGDOM HEARTS)

Co-director: Tai Yasue (KINGDOM HEARTS Re: Chain of Memories)

Producer: Patrick Chen (KINGDOM HEARTS series)

Co-producer: Yoichi Yoshimoto (Musashi Series, KINGDOM HEARTS CHAIN OF MEMORIES)

KINGDOM HEARTS coded
Developer: Square Enix Co., Ltd.
Platform: Mobile Phones (devices/carriers TBD)

A Disney universe as vast as the mobile network awaits you.

In KINGDOM HEARTS coded, you will journey through a variety of Disney worlds on an exciting adventure brought to life by advanced mobile phone technology and gorgeous graphics never before seen on the platform. This marks the first collaboration between Square Enix and the Walt Disney Internet Group.

After the events of KINGDOM HEARTS, Jiminy Cricket returned to Disney Castle to organize his journal. While he arranged his records, his eyes fell upon a page with a mysterious message.

We must return to free them from their torment.

However, no matter how hard Jiminy tried to recall the source of the text, he couldn’t remember. So the King digitized the contents of the journal and started an investigation. Within the world traced from the contents of Jiminy’s Journal, a boy awoke on Destiny Island. It was the beginning of a new quest for a virtual Sora.

Staff

Co-director: Hajime Tabata (BEFORE CRISIS –FINAL FANTASY VII–, CRISIS CORE –FINAL FANTASY VII-)

Producer: Kakuko Obinata (KINGDOM HEARTS series)

Associate Producer: Kousei Itou (BEFORE CRISIS -FINAL FANTASY VII-)

*All of the above information applies only to the Japanese version of the games announced.

More info bout the game
Hi guys, this info just came here from the forums, and so, without explaining, here it is:

Quite a lot of new information was brought up; first, this is the new artwork:

Second, Square-Enix released trailers of the new games. But these trailers were shown privately, so all we have are descriptions. Here they are along with the new logos.

When the video begins, we are introduced with a series of images, followed by the words “Kingdom Hearts: New Concepts and Game Titles.” Right after this, the ending to Kingdom Hearts 2 plays, followed by the phrases “The secret ending has been dealt with, and the worlds extend once again” and “flow”.

The screen fades back in to Jiminy Cricket and the phrase “Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories”. He is peering into his journal, noticing a phrase that he cannot remember writing. It reads “You need to return, to heal the wounds”. This phrase seems to alert Jiminy in some way, as he runs off to report the finding to King Mickey. The King is startled by the discovery, but only replies with “Only he is the one who can solve it.”

We fade in and out to Sora standing on the beach at Destiny Islands. He is wearing his Kingdom Hearts 1 style clothing, but he is only shown as computer data being transmitted.

When the image of Sora disappears, a battle scene commences. As Sora is moving blocks around to finish a puzzle game, heartless are attacking from all angles. The gameplay mechanics seem very odd. After the puzzle is finished, a command called “Debugging” appears on the screen. After being activated, Sora moves extremely quickly and then vanishes.

The last scene includes Sora and Mickey in Traverse Town. Mickey says to no one in particular “I was here on that day.” and “Let’s speak truly.”. We are then presented with the name of the game: Kingdom Hearts: Coded. It has been announced to be a mobile phone game.

We are introduced with the scene where Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories had came to an end, and are then confronted with the phrase “The other side attached to Sora still sleeps”, along with “The mind comes back whenever they touch.”

The video then focuses upon Roxas and Axel, sitting atop the clock tower in Twilight Town. This seems to be the same scene from Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix+. Soon after, the video shows Roxas being invited into Organization XIII. He is being greeted by all, and introduces himself, and they do the same to him. Then the scene fades into Roxas actually joining the Organization.

Following this is a short clip of Mickey talking about Axel, and Saix near Roxas. Roxas is shown pulling out both of his keyblades, and it moves into gameplay. The gameplay confirms definitively that you may play with Roxas, Axel, Saix and Xigbar.

Xemnas then mentions something very interesting. He explains that a 14th member has joined their Organization, and that this member is female. This scene is quickly followed by the title of the game: “Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days” and a whispering Roxas saying “I will disappear from this world in 151 days”
This game is for the beloved Nintendo DS.

Scenes of the ending of Kingdom Hearts 1 flash by on the screen, and two phrases are seen clearly onscreen. One reads “Deep Past” and the other “Shut-Eyes gives birth to the concealed fate.”

We are then confronted by a young boy who looks like Roxas conversing with another young boy with black hair. Their surroundings seem to resemble Hallow Bastion (Radiant Garden). The name “Ven” is thrown outward, referring to the boy who looks like Roxas.

The scene change various times before stopping at an image of the Old Man from the Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix+ Secret Ending. He is called “Master Xehanort” by Terra. Soon after, Terra summons his keyblade and the screen changes.

Various worlds are shown, and one of which is familiar to us all. “Olympus Coliseum” is making another comeback, followed by a brand new world, that of which resembles Sleeping Beauty.

The video then changes back to Terra battling against a dark figure, whom you can tell is male. This is the same man from the Secret Ending of Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix+ that the Old Man creates. Terra is able to forcably get the man’s helmet off, but his face is concealed.

King Mickey is shown summoning his keyblade, and then the scene changes very quickly to Terra on a beach. He seems to be watching two boys play in the ocean. After he rests his weapon into the ground, the two boys he was watching are clearer and they look like Sora and Riku. Soon after, Terra says “Please don’t depend on me, just erase me… friend.” The phrase “Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep” arises, and it is revealed this game is for the PSP.

Note: It has been rumored the DS game is being co-developed by Hand (Chocobo Tales) and the PSP game is being developed by the Crisis Core team. This is not a confirmation, just speculation

If you have any questions post here I will get back to you.

Treemander

~ The Wise Cracker ~
4 games with in the next 1-2 years these 3 and the one for the Ps3

[AceAussie]

Awaiting October.
These seem like decent games, I'll only be getting the one on the Ds though, Don't have a PSP and i don't intend on buying a PS3, also will the mobile phone one come out in the USA and even better australia? i doubt it'll have an outside japanese release

pokemonbattlegrl

I can't wait for all of the new KH games.I wonder which game will come out first? or if they will have the same release date?

Genesis Gackt

G-Proyect
maybe KH for DS will come out first. o.o'

Treemander

~ The Wise Cracker ~
I do not know yet but I think they will be released seperatley let me look into that. maybe Noruma(sp) announced it

Treemander

~ The Wise Cracker ~
You guys may have to wait they haven't came out in Japan yet. They will most likely be released at the same day so people with only one of those platforms can play different times and no one has to wait.

neokumamon

Akward, but powerful
I can't wait for the games to come out! I'm a serious KH fan. I don't have a PSP but I plan on getting it with the game like for my b-day or x-mas.

Shadow Ichigo

Left On A Journey
The creator of Kingdom Hearts said its not going to be called Kingdom Hearts for the next game. He saids going to put new Characters and a New Title this time for the next one. It was already announced about it a couple months ago.

mario_fan

Kawaiibunkle
^is that from a web site cause if it is can u give me a link?

Treemander

~ The Wise Cracker ~
*Shadow- theese are 3 new games I know about KH3 but most people still call it.
But mickey is in it and its based off some characters in the KH series

Shadow Ichigo

Left On A Journey
*Shadow- theese are 3 new games I know about KH3 but most people still call it.
But mickey is in it and its based off some characters in the KH series

But that doesn't mean it will be called Kingdom Hearts. Others don't know about it because didn't hear the announced about it.

Xylitol

swimmin'
But that doesn't mean it will be called Kingdom Hearts. Others don't know about it because didn't hear the announced about it.

Well, none of the three new games are called "Kingdom Hearts 3" but they all still have "Kingdom Hearts" in their working names. o_O

...Or did I misunderstand what you were talking about?

BlazingKen

Looking forward to all the games except the one on the mobile as I never buy games on mobiles.

Treemander

~ The Wise Cracker ~
*Xy- he means the Kh3 one coming out for the ps3 that was on the ending of KH2 FM+ if you met the requirements for the game types...

Treemander

~ The Wise Cracker ~
Yeah well people call it Kh3 get use to it until it has a real title