1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

All Dragon Ball Discussion Thread (Discuss Z/GT/Kai etc. Here!)

Discussion in 'Alternate Animé & Manga Discussion' started by shadowF, Dec 20, 2014.

1. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

Vegeta and Bulma are still the OG tsunderes of Dragonball tho

2. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ No Need To Worry...Yet

I'm enjoying the current Goku Black arc in the dub; I also love the MaixTrunks pairing as well

3. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

Trey pokes and Pokegirl Fan~ like this.
  4. Pokegirl Fan~

5. Poke Trainer J

Poke Trainer J Well-Known Member

The Dragon Ball Heroes anime is basically just non-canon material to hold the fanboys/fangirls over until the new film's released where it canonically takes place right after the Universe Survival arc in Dragon Ball Super. There's already rumors about Goku not being able to attain Mastered Ultra Instinct again after his fight with Jiren. They probably did it on purpose in order to explain why Goku still needed to go Super Saiyan 4 in Dragon Ball GT even though it isn't canon anymore.

Let's say GT was still canon and took place after the End of Z and Super, Goku would no longer need to rely on God Ki anymore to attain Ultra Instinct since Super Saiyan 4 would be revealed to be more powerful even though it doesn't make sense in terms of power scaling. Beerus would go into another century old slumber like he did during the events of Dragon Ball Z which would explain why we wouldn't hear from him again.

6. RedJirachi

Seeing Zamasu get triggered is far more satisfying than it should be for me

7. lolipiece

lolipiece Moderator Staff Member Moderator

OK, watched the first episode of the new Dragonball Heroes anime thing.

I initially avoided it because I feel like a lot of Heroes' ideas sound like bad fanfiction to me, but they're only 10 minutes long, so why not?

...My opinion has not changed. This really feels like bad fanfiction. This "Xeno" Goku or whatever is a good example of that. He's an alternate universe Goku with no personality. He's really boring. At least he has access to the best Super Saiyan form.

Eh, whatever, I'll keep watching, if only to see old movie villains animated again. Nothing about this looks good to me, but it's non-canon so it's not like it'll matter in the long run.

8. Poke Trainer J

Poke Trainer J Well-Known Member

And Dragon Ball Super wasn't bad fanfiction? The contrast between Xeno Goku's characterization in Episode 1 of Dragon Ball Heroes compared to main timeline Goku exposes just how much he's regressed since the end of the Buu arc in Dragon Ball Z.

It's as If Toei knew the fans missed Superman Goku from the FUNimation dub so they implemented that characterization to a tee with Xeno Goku in the Japanese Sub for Dragon Ball Heroes despite the episodes being 8 minutes short for advertisement purposes.

9. RedJirachi

The Dragonball Heroes anime is the most blatantly fanfiction thing ever.

10. Pokegirl Fan~

My favorite episode (the baseball episode) just aired in the dub this past weekend. I feel sorry for Yamcha in this episode as he really took a beating lol.

11. Sonic Boom

Sonic Boom @JohanSSB4 Twitter

More about the upcoming film was revealed, including the Saiyan's identity. And, well...

[​IMG]

Here we go.

rocky505 likes this.
  12. Pokegirl Fan~

Ugh more Broly stuff? I just lost all interest in this movie

Blaze Master X likes this.
  13. Red and Blue

Instead of Broly why not just have the U6 Saiyans in the film?

Blaze Master X and Pokegirl Fan~ like this.
  14. rocky505

rocky505 Well-Known Member

Because that would be better saved for an arc in the series than a movie.

15. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

Might be my favorite standalone episode of the entire series.

Blaze Master X and Pokegirl Fan~ like this.
  16. Sceptile Leaf Blade

Sceptile Leaf Blade Nighttime Guardian

Heroes has always been that though, and the anime is little more than an extended commercial for people to buy the cards. I don't think it was ever meant to be an actually solid story.

17. rocky505

rocky505 Well-Known Member

18. Mr. Reloaded

Mr. Reloaded At this point, who knows?

Broly straight up cashing in on that recognition check.

Being such a iconic character came with benefits.

19. lolipiece

lolipiece Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Oh. Joy.

One of the (arguably) worst things to come out of Dragonball is getting rebooted.

...Even though we essentially just did that with Kale.

And Toriyama's in charge of doing the new Broly? After what happened with Bardock in Dragonball Minus, I have reservations. But then again, it's Broly. You can only go up from such a low point.

20. Red and Blue

I agree, I hate how Toriyama completely changed Bardock's character. Which is odd since the Bardock special is his favorite film. He even included some of it in the original manga canon