1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

All Dragon Ball Discussion Thread (Discuss Z/GT/Kai etc. Here!)

Discussion in 'Alternate Animé & Manga Discussion' started by shadowF, Dec 20, 2014.

1. Poke Trainer J

Poke Trainer J Well-Known Member

Toei sort of already did this with the Dragon Ball Heroes Anime / Manga even though the Anime is more commercial than the Manga. The Manga tends to focus more on Future Trunks and the Time Patrol from the Xenoverse story line rather than the one from Dragon Ball Super where Future Mai's relationship with Future Trunks is canon that's showcased in the Anime.

2. mehmeh1

mehmeh1 Neutral force of Meh

we've already started seeing it, the timeline is kinda skewed and it's weird goku is so excited to fight uub when he can challenge beerus or broly (nevermind anyone from another universe). Also, about the status quo, I remember many (me included) being convinced 17 was actually dead, as he was nowhere to be seen in EoZ, so we weren't sure, and also, there's now thte fact that frieza is alive

3. CyberBlaziken

CyberBlaziken A Greater Evil

Android 17 was shown, both in the manga and anime, during the Kid Buu Saga when Goku was receiving energy for the Spirit Bomb.

4. mehmeh1

yes, but I'm saying that he wasn't at the end of z (as in, the uub part)

5. CyberBlaziken

He wasn't part of the "Z-Fighters", so it didn't make sense for him to be seen during that time. But my point was, there was no reason for him to be considered dead.
    And, Androids have eternal life, unless they are destroyed by other means.

6. mehmeh1

I meant that in dbs ep 127, 17 apparently sacrificed himself to save goku, vegeta, and frieza, and as he wasn't there during the end of z, him being actually dead was a real possibility, we didn't know that he survived, and it wasn't a foregone conclusion that he would

7. CyberBlaziken

Do you watch the dub or sub for DBS?

8. mehmeh1

sub and latin american dub (which already finished)

9. CyberBlaziken

If you finished DBS, then you know the fate of Android 17. I really don't see where you're getting "he was dead".

In the original anime and manga, he was show during the final battle with Kid Buu.
    As he isn't part of the main characters, he wasn't shown during the World Martial Arts Tournament.

In Super, his fate was clearly established, and plays a crucial role in the end game.
    It was matter of few weeks in between those episodes, nothing to jump to conclusions and make sense of it just because he wasn't in the original epilogue of the series.

10. mehmeh1

yes, and in those few weeks we thought 17 was dead because we pretty much saw him die and the whole scene treated it as if he was dead, him not being at the WMAT meant we had no proof that he was alive, so he was assumed dead until the end of ep 130

11. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

I'm just thinking-should Android 17 have come back to life in the first place? They wished back everyone killed by Cell and the androids, but since 17 was part of Cell when he died Gohan and not Cell/the androids killed him. For that matter as 17 was one of the androids Dr Gero should've been brought back from the dead because 17 killed him by stepping on his head

12. Sceptile Leaf Blade

Sceptile Leaf Blade Nighttime Guardian

They only wished back Cell's victims, not the victims of the androids. All those folks on the island 19 and 20 attacked, none of them were ever wished back. 17 and 18 never killed anybody in that arc other than Gero. Also, if Guru dying because he was sad his children were being killed by Freeza and his men counts as being killed by Freeza and his men, 17 being absorbed by Cell and indirectly dying due to that also counts as being killed by Cell. Or you can assume that 17 died when Cell self-destructed.

13. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

14. SBaby

SBaby Dungeon Master

I like to think that Guru died of a heart attack because of everything with Frieza traumatizing him, and 17 because of Cell's explosion. The latter makes sense because we already established before that point that 17 and 18 were NOT dead when they were absorbed into Cell.

15. RedJirachi

Ah. Nappa and Vegeta's victims also stayed dead with the wish to bring back everyone killed by Frieza and their men because they were AWOL(otherwise Nappa, Yamcha and Tien would've come back with the initial wish). That's kind of unfortunate since thousands of people are never revived. Hmm..how indirect can a murder be until it's invalid for the victim to be revivied with a "I wish that everyone the person behind the indirect murder was brought back"? If somebody orders a hit on me, am I still dead if they wish the person/s the man who killed come back?" What if in Ancient Rome a political prisoner is ordered to commit suicide? Can I wish them back by wishing back the people the person who made that order killed?

16. Poke Trainer J

Poke Trainer J Well-Known Member

Whoever FUNimation hired to dub the Ultimate Battle theme when Goku went Ultra Instinct Omen against Jiren needs to be fired. It was already bad enough with the Gogeta theme dub in DBS: Broly but now it's clear to me that FUNimation is slowly going the way of 4Kids with how they ruined One Piece and Sonic X. It's no longer the passion project it once was as it feels more like an obligation for FUNimation voice actors these days.

At least Viz Media would treat the Dragon Ball license which much better respect than FUNimation has though Sony probably put them up to it since FUNimation is a subsidiary of Sony. Not to mention that they've been notorious for a lot of the censorship that's been going on with their Japanese Video Games as of late. I'm just glad that Toei didn't announce Dragon Ball Super returning on Goku Day with the Manga needing to get further ahead.

17. SBaby

SBaby Dungeon Master

This is par for the course for FUNimation though. It shouldn't surprise anybody. This is one of many reasons I don't watch their dubs anymore (the recent stuff is just icing on the cake; there are other reasons to not watch things dubbed by them).

Mind you, I really wasn't too fond of the Tournament of Power to begin with, because as I said before on numerous sites, it is one of the most anticlimactic things I've ever seen in the franchise (yes, even moreso than anything seen in GT). Not to mention, but...

It's completely meaningless, because none of the erasures stick. There is literally no point to the tournament, because we learn nothing new about the main characters, and most of what we learn about the other universes, we learn before the tournament.

Yeah, I'm tagging it, in case there are people that haven't seen the end of it yet (all two or three of you).

18. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

19. RedJirachi

I swear, if they just recycle these movies into anime arcs like they did with DBS...