• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

All Dragon Ball Discussion Thread (Discuss Z/GT/Kai etc. Here!)

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
That's nice to know, but this isn't a rant thread. Let's stay on topic please.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Kinda off topic.
Will this Reiwa era stuff affect only Pokemon, or will ti affect other anime, like this one and how will it do it? Since it seems Reiwa era is about new fresh start. I'd be pretty mad it's just gonna affect Pokemon and everything else like OP or DB is fine.
Maybe,DB will be rebooted same with OP? Or they will do like go back in time in DB era when Goku was a kid?

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
So, this weekend's gonna be the infamous "Jiren backstory" episode for the dub. Wonder how the monologue will sound with a southern drawl attached to it?

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Kinda off topic.
Will this Reiwa era stuff affect only Pokemon, or will ti affect other anime, like this one and how will it do it? Since it seems Reiwa era is about new fresh start. I'd be pretty mad it's just gonna affect Pokemon and everything else like OP or DB is fine.
Maybe,DB will be rebooted same with OP? Or they will do like go back in time in DB era when Goku was a kid?
One Piece has to end before it reboots. And we all know One Piece will never end.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
It's funny that Zamasu thinks that the gods are good and mortal evils when literally ever arc besides Revival of F has the gods being the instigators of the plot
  • Beerus Arc: Beerus threatens Earth because he doesn't get pudding and he wants to see Super Saiyan God
  • Champa Arc: Beerus and Champa bet on where to move the Earth to because of their squabbling
  • Future Trunks Arc: Zamasu is literally the villains of the arc
  • ToP Arc: The Zenos decide to erase most of the multiverse because their gods are incompetent

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Has anyone been reading the DBS manga btw?

srebak

Beginning Trainer
I really, really needed to get this all out and would appreciate some feedback for it, so please, somebody, answer this post

1. What was the name of the Dragon Ball episode where Goku is training by swimming with rocks tied to him via ropes?

2. A lot of people seem to have a very somewhat high opinion of the battle between Gohan and Cell, but for me, it feels like there are way too many cons for every pro about that story arc, and I basically just stopped watching after Gohan started fighting. For one thing, it has Goku actually giving up on his fight against Cell and then having him send Gohan in, in order to finish the job, which results in Gohan getting relentlessly pummeled as a result. Not only does this make Goku look bad but it also doesn’t paint Gohan in a very good light at first either, which, from what I have come to understand about the rest of this arc, does not really go away, and the responses and reactions of the other characters in regards to all of this do not help either. Next it actually has Cell gain the upper hand in the fight, which again, despite being a classic storytelling method to raise the stakes, does not make either Gohan or his father look very good. And then there was that whole “Goku sacrifices himself and then refuses to be wished back to life” thing, not only am I a little bit confused about how the details of that situation in regards to the Dragon Balls was supposed to work, but, in addition to this ultimately being what drives a wedge between both Goku and King Kai, it also seems kind of pointless, considering what was to come later on. I mean, don’t see much of anything about the succeeding stories being that much different if Goku was allowed to survive that ordeal with Cell. That’s about all I’ve got to say

TheWanderingMist

So DBZ Abridged is ending at the Cell Saga. No Buu then
The Buu Saga is already weird enough on its own. Abridging it would basically just be piracy.

TheWanderingMist

I was looking forward to seeing their take on Gohan in High School and Saiyaman. And whether or not it would have been a Spiderman parody
Saiyaman already was a Spiderman parody. High school kid, secret identity, ridiculous costume, etc. It'd be kind of redundant.

Red and Blue

Saiyaman already was a Spiderman parody. High school kid, secret identity, ridiculous costume, etc. It'd be kind of redundant.
Ok but you could have still made Spiderman jokes or other superhero references

There is plenty of comedic potential in all of the silliness of the Buu saga that could of made season 4 work. I get burnout for the reason it didn't happen but I doubt it would be "piracy"

SBaby

Dungeon Master

Saiyaman was more of a Super Sentai parody than a Spiderman parody (hence the over the top hand gestures). Same problem though.

The Buu Saga is already weird enough on its own. Abridging it would basically just be piracy.

One of the TFS members had mentioned that there was a concern that Buu in Abridged would annoy people and remind them of a 'certain other' annoying fictional character. They didn't specify as to which 'annoying character' they were talking about, but I've got a pretty good idea of who they might have been referring to.

As for Super. It was... underwhelming to say the least. Not necessarily bad all the time (some parts were; the ending of Future Trunks was offensive, basically making all of his struggles on his Earth completely meaningless), but underwhelming.

Last edited:

Red and Blue

Interesting that Toriyama said the new movie would focus on a unexpected character. I wonder if they will finally bring back Cell?

WalesNote

I've always wondered if the franchise will ever end. The manga ended, then the anime, then there was GT, then dozens of games telling the same story over and over again, then Kai, then Super. Then more manga.

Maybe it makes too much money to stop.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I've always wondered if the franchise will ever end. The manga ended, then the anime, then there was GT, then dozens of games telling the same story over and over again, then Kai, then Super. Then more manga.

Toei/Shonen Jump just really wants your money.

Morax

King of heroes

I mean it's not like pokemon at least. Goku doesn't reset at the end of each season, is married and has kids/grandkids etc. Personally i don't want dragon ball to end cuz it's fun to watch/read.