1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

All Dragon Ball Discussion Thread (Discuss Z/GT/Kai etc. Here!)

Discussion in 'Alternate Animé & Manga Discussion' started by shadowF, Dec 20, 2014.

1. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Kanae, Keeper of the Gates Emblazoned

The Buu Saga is already weird enough on its own. Abridging it would basically just be piracy.

2. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

I was looking forward to seeing their take on Gohan in High School and Saiyaman. And whether or not it would have been a Spiderman parody

3. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Kanae, Keeper of the Gates Emblazoned

Saiyaman already was a Spiderman parody. High school kid, secret identity, ridiculous costume, etc. It'd be kind of redundant.

4. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

Ok but you could have still made Spiderman jokes or other superhero references

There is plenty of comedic potential in all of the silliness of the Buu saga that could of made season 4 work. I get burnout for the reason it didn't happen but I doubt it would be "piracy"

5. SBaby

SBaby Dungeon Master

Saiyaman was more of a Super Sentai parody than a Spiderman parody (hence the over the top hand gestures). Same problem though.

One of the TFS members had mentioned that there was a concern that Buu in Abridged would annoy people and remind them of a 'certain other' annoying fictional character. They didn't specify as to which 'annoying character' they were talking about, but I've got a pretty good idea of who they might have been referring to.

As for Super. It was... underwhelming to say the least. Not necessarily bad all the time (some parts were; the ending of Future Trunks was offensive, basically making all of his struggles on his Earth completely meaningless), but underwhelming.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
  6. PokemonBattleFanatic-

PokemonBattleFanatic- Standby for Battle!

Early part of the Buu Saga was good but once Gotenks showed up the saga became a mess,it redeemed itself later on with Kid Buu.