• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

All Dragon Ball Discussion Thread (Discuss Z/GT/Kai etc. Here!)

Red and Blue

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
So the Super anime might actually be returning in 2023. This particular user leaked everything about the Superhero movie

We might even be coming back with a Broly retelling
Wonderful
I saw that a HUGE monster resembling Cell was at the new movie, but it didnt talk and felt like an empty shell of Cell.. didnt like it at all. I wanted the real Cell to return, not just giant Robot that resembles him...

Red and Blue

Was hoping they would skip Broly and go straight to Moro. Oh well. Guess they'll also adapt Superhero after they finish with the Granolah arc

janejane6178

Was hoping they would skip Broly and go straight to Moro. Oh well. Guess they'll also adapt Superhero after they finish with the Granolah arc
So we have Broly, Moro and Granolah arcs. Potentially Superhro arc afterwards. That is alot to work with hehe

Yce288

Grass type FTW
Some people called it and said Cell will be back when the new website appeared and they werent completely wrong.

Yce288

Grass type FTW
I watched Super Hero, the movie wasnt bad, but one thing i'll never like in the Dragon Ball franchise is when there is a battle against a huge enemy.

Yce288

Grass type FTW
Ever since Goku became a selfish fighter in DBS that went too far with suggesting to revive Freeze for the TOP, i would say my favorites characters right now are Piccolo, Vegeta and Future Trunks.
Piccolo uses his brain even if he's weaker than Goku and Vegeta, Vegeta's character keeps developing and he's much less cocky and prideful than before and Future Trunks gets business done as fast as he can with not letting Future Majin Buu getting revived.
Goku was redeemed a bit in the Granolah arc with finally getting to know more about his father and trying to fight like him, but he has to work harder to fix his past mistakes.

Morax

King of heroes
Ever since Goku became a selfish fighter in DBS that went too far with suggesting to revive Freeze for the TOP,
Goku has always been selfish. Remember the saiyan saga when crillin was about to kill vegeta but goku stopped him from doing it because he wanted to fight him again?

Yce288

Grass type FTW
What about Android 17?
He kinda disappeared after he won the TOP.
Goku has always been selfish. Remember the saiyan saga when crillin was about to kill vegeta but goku stopped him from doing it because he wanted to fight him again?
You're right, but it got way worse in DBS.
reviving Freeze, giving senzu bean to Moro and worst of all, he was responsible for the TOP in the first place, which means he didnt care about the lives of people from other universes.
at least when he fought Vegeta, it was in the desert and when he fought Majin Vegeta, they went to distant place so they wont hurt people during their battle.

janejane6178

Even GT Goku seemed more competent than DBS Goku

But a lot of the characters in DBS that we know from Z/Original aren't the same as they used to be or just got shafted.

Imo the best things about Super were Hit,Goku Black/Zamasu and the expansion of universes which includes the tournaments.

Goku,Vegeta,Gohan,Frieza and Piccolo all had their best moments in the Original/Z.

The only ones I think are an exception to this are Android 17 and Future Trunks.
My fav are android 17,18 and future Trunk

Btw I lovedssssdd Zamasu arc, it gave me old dbz vibes
Loved it so much

janejane6178

Yh I thought the Goku Black arc was good up until the fusion stuff happened where it started going downhill.

I like 17 in Super way more than I ever did in Z,way better than Super 17 from GT,but the only thing I was curious about was his power level.How did he get that strong?What kind of training did he go through?
Goku thought he was holding back when they first fought.

It's the same problem with Frieza,he got a random new transformation without any explanation or screentime of him training.Frieza is still the series's greatest villain but his character kinda suffered when he was brought back.To me the Frieza from Z would never join forces with Goku and his friends.
Yes dbs suffers from power scaling, same as Pokemon Journeys

Yce288

Grass type FTW
Aside from the first and third arcs, the rest of the arcs in DBS have messed up endings:
Golden Freeza arc-Freeza destroys the Earth and Whis is forced to rewind time in order to fix it and Goku eventually kills Freeza
Goku killing Freeza becomes irrelevant because Freeza is revived in the Tournament of Power arc.
Future Trunks arc-in the anime Future Trunks uses his sword like a spirit bomb and then Zamasu becomes the universe and Goku calls Zen-Oh.
the manga handles this part a bit better:after Fused Zamasu keeps multipling, Goku calls Zen-Oh.
the fact that Future Trunks doesnt know what is the real age of Future Mai still bothers me.
Tournament of Power arc-the stakes become irrelevant by the end of the arc and all the universes are restored.
Moro arc-Goku steals Vegeta's win and gets a weird susanoo power up out of nowhere and Uub is somewhat retconned with having special Ki.
a repeat of the Cell arc with Goku giving Moro a senzu bean and after Moro is unable to beat Goku, he becomes giant like Semi Perfect Cell.
Granolah arc-Vegeta's win is once again stolen from him in favor of character development of him giving the win to Granolah.
Gas is the one to become giant in this arc.
i just read the latest chapter and the ending becomes even more messed up.