• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

All Dragon Ball Discussion Thread (Discuss Z/GT/Kai etc. Here!)

Red and Blue

Yce288

Grass type FTW
Both the Buu arc and GT feels like a rehash of the first Dragon Ball series and both failed in doing so IMO.

Yce288

Grass type FTW
Not sure if I agree with the Buu Arc but GT definitely tried going back to doing adventure in the Black Star Dragon Ball saga, I rewatched it a few years back and hated it.
The Buu arc had a lot of moments that are supposed to be funny or cute, Fat Buu acting like a big fat child, Buu turning people into food, the whole Great Saiyaman stuff, Gotenks trying to show off too, the attacks that Gotenks uses, the final form of Buu is a child and Fat Buu's and Hercule's friendship.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
In a way, the Buu arc spoiled how the conflict was going to be resolved by the midpoint of the story. Between Vegeta giving into his vices and allowing himself to become as corrupted as Spopovich and Yamu for the sake of power, and later the gunman shooting the dog and Mr. Satan as Buu is coming to an epiphany, the story is displaying despicable acts by and showing humans at their very worst and how that literally feeds into Buu becoming first alive, and then more monstrous. The moment Mr. Satan is shot, it becomes clear that the only thing that can stop the consequences of humanity's evil, is the representation of humanity's collective good with the Spirit Bomb. I like that quite a lot, because it's not something inherently tied to being the strongest and more about quelling Buu directly.

The stepping stones leading to the Spirit Bomb also help display that their methods are just not going to work here. Two friends combining their power, a warrior blessed with power bestowed by a literal god, two rivals coming to terms that their issue is not important anymore and they need to work together, they're all wonderful ideas to tackle the Buu threat, but they're all rather selfishly focused between individual people and not the Earth's people itself; their plans for attack literally start by essentially leaving the Earth to die while they coordinate in God's Palace and the Kaioshin Realm away from the danger, so right from the start these plans were callous to a degree. And so to have them all fail while the Spirit Bomb, an attack that now requires Goku to be vulnerable but is now flanked by support while he's conducting the plan, suggested by the person who was least partial to humans to begin with, is given the win instead is very satisfying.

Morax

King of heroes
What do you mean? It was Mr. Satan who defeated majin buu. Goku and Vegeta were just spectators

Yce288

Grass type FTW
Oh I thought you meant it felt like OG Dragon Ball when it pertained to adventure. Yeah Fat Buu is by far my least favorite version of Majin Buu, didn't care about Gohan fighting crime as the Great Saiyaman.

The Gotenks fights with Buu could've been handled better but at the end of the day they were still children at the time. I had a blast playing as Gotenks on Budokai 2 though. Kid Buu was a child but was still bada** and was willing to get sh*t done instead of standing around and talking like a Frieza or Cell.

The best parts of the Buu Saga imo were the beginning and ending. The Other World Tournament is a classic gem that featured the best filler character (Pikkon). I liked how everything was handled during the World Martial Arts Tournament all the way to Goku and Vegeta's rematch which I think is better than their first fight in the Saiyan Saga.

The middle part of the Buu Saga has gotta be the worst part despite some of the cool moments that happen. Gotenks, Gohan and Vegito all had the chance to defeat Buu but couldn't. Gohan slacked off from his training after defeating Cell and got weaker.

There's an on going debate on whether or not he was SSJ2 against Dabura because there wasn't any blue lightning. I never cared for Present Gohan even when he fought Cell but I honestly think his development was better in the Cell Saga than in the Buu Saga.

He went from no Super Saiyan to becoming one in the Time Chamber and even surpassing the likes of Piccolo, Vegeta and Trunks. His fight with Cell sealed the deal. The different versions of Super Buu are a little better villains than Fat Buu but still didn't care for them especially Buuhan.
I dont hate Pikkon, but once again a filler arc ruined the power levels, Cell was treated as a threat during his arc and now a filler character easily beats him.
If i'm mistaken what happened with Gohan is that fans just love Goku so much that Gohan's character development went to waste, i mean, if you watched the second japanese opening(We Gotta Power)you can clearly see that the focus was a Gohan.
also, a little fun fact: Spopovich's japanese voice actor is also Killer Bee's voice actor.

Yce288

Grass type FTW

I never had a problem with Pikkon destroying Cell and the others, the only confusion is when he fights Goku and struggles despite Goku only being at Super Saiyan, even after he removed his weighted clothing it still felt like a close fight.

Olibu is a fighter who went toe to toe with Pikkon later on got bested by Yamcha of all people.
You only proved my point of filler arc ruining power levels, i'm not surprised about Goku's power level so SSJ Goku after years of training has the same power level as SSJ2 Gohan, but Yamcha beating Olibu is a joke.
also, during end of DBZ, Goku fought Uub, who has the same power level as Kid Buu, equally, so by the end of DBZ, normal Goku has the same power level as Kid Buu.
Goku keeps getting stronger by training while most characters slack off.

Morax

King of heroes

I never had a problem with Pikkon destroying Cell and the others, the only confusion is when he fights Goku and struggles despite Goku only being at Super Saiyan, even after he removed his weighted clothing it still felt like a close fight.

Olibu is a fighter who went toe to toe with Pikkon later on got bested by Yamcha of all people.
He's an absolute absolute CHAD. Only second to God Usopp.

Yce288

Grass type FTW
Not sure if SSJ Goku was necessarily on the level of SSJ2 Kid Gohan but he did manage to get a clean hit on Pikkon sending him flying after using Super Kaio-ken. Pikkon seemed to have the edge over Goku when he used techniques like Hyper Tornado and Thunder Flash but Goku eventually countered back with Instant Kamehameha.
I dont think Goku went all out against Pikkon just like he didnt went all out against Majin Vegeta, i think Goku already had SSJ2 and SSJ3 when he fought Pikkon, but filler arcs usually dont show something that is yet to be shown in canon arcs.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
it’s impossible for Goku to have the ascended Super Saiyan forms by the time of the Otherworld Tournament. That takes place mere days after Cell’s defeat.

Yce288

Grass type FTW
it’s impossible for Goku to have the ascended Super Saiyan forms by the time of the Otherworld Tournament. That takes place mere days after Cell’s defeat.
Thanks for correcting me because it been years since the last time i watched that arc and played Buu's Fury.
but Goku could still get stronger in mere days to the point that SSJ or SSJ 1.5 Goku=SSJ2 Gohan.

Yce288

Grass type FTW
I don't read the manga but if it's confirmed that Vegeta only reached SSJ2 through Babidi's magic then that would make him look very weak as a character.
Oh, i didnt knew that, in Budokai 2 and Budokai 3, Vegeta has SSJ2, but thats weird, Vegeta didnt slack off during the time skip and he continued to train unlike some other characters.
at least in DBS, Vegeta is treated better although he is yet to get a big win, maybe when Freeza is killed for good?who knows.

Yce288

Grass type FTW
He gave the indication that he could go SSJ2 based on how he felt towards Gohan in the early Buu Saga. Future Trunks had SSJ2 in Budokai 2 and 3 but that wasn't canon until DBS. Vegeta is in the same boat as Seto Kaiba, both have a lot of power but can never get a big win over the main villains.
Future Trunks having SSJ2 in Budokai 2 and 3 is a mistake, they mistook SSJ 1.5 for SSJ2, Goku already had SSJ2 in the Buu Saga so there was no mistake in giving him SSJ2 in those games.
Kaiba actually beat Aigami with the unforgettable line about Obelisk, but he didnt beat full power Aigami.
what bothers me about DSOD is Yugi using a deck similar to Atem's deck instead of keeping the deck from the ceremonial duel and Kaiba losing to Yugi and still wanting to beat Atem, i mean if he lost to Yugi shouldnt he first beat Yugi before going after Atem?