• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

All Dragon Ball Discussion Thread (Discuss Z/GT/Kai etc. Here!)

RedJirachi

Veteran member
now if frieza joins, i'm very interested to see the reason for it. from the preview, it seems goku will have to accept some conditions beforehand.

oh yeah, an cale's already showing her power next week which is awesome.

I'm not sure whether this is extreme desperation or complete stupidity on Goku's part

Red and Blue

So are they going to update the ending and opening with Frieza swapped with Buu? Cause I have a feeling showing him will just be rubbing salt on the wound for some fans.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
So are they going to update the ending and opening with Frieza swapped with Buu? Cause I have a feeling showing him will just be rubbing salt on the wound for some fans.

What else are they supposed to do? Buu's not in the tournament anymore, why keep him in the OP?

BCVM22

So are they going to update the ending and opening with Frieza swapped with Buu?

We'll find out in the next few weeks.

Cause I have a feeling showing him will just be rubbing salt on the wound for some fans.

If there are fans out there so emotionally unstable that seeing Buu in the OP/ED weekly would be "rubbing salt on [sic] the wound," they have much bigger problems. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
What else are they supposed to do? Buu's not in the tournament anymore, why keep him in the OP?

What if he wakes up and we get him instead of Master Roshi?

Red and Blue

I'm interested in seeing who this Sidra guy is and why he holds a grudge against U7.

We saw Sidra in the exhibition match. He probably holds a grudge against U7 due to Goku's actions resulting in the tournament.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
We saw Sidra in the exhibition match. He probably holds a grudge against U7 due to Goku's actions resulting in the tournament.

Ah, I missed that. Thanks for clarifying.

Now that I'm thinking about it if he tries to prevent Frieza from participating this will lead to an confrontation between him and Beerus.

Red and Blue

Given that U9 can't seem to find seven additional members and depending on the results of Sidra's actions next week, I wouldn't be surprised if U9 was erased before the tournament.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Goku will restore the universe's that are erased with the Super Dragon Balls in the end.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
Given that U9 can't seem to find seven additional members and depending on the results of Sidra's actions next week, I wouldn't be surprised if U9 was erased before the tournament.

I think this is going to happen. We have already seen the strongest fighters of this universe fighting and weren't anything special. So instead of being the absolute punching bags in the tournament they will end up being erased.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Freeza agrees to participate on the condition that they use the Earth Dragonballs to revive him for good. He doesn't care for the Super Dragonballs, as long as he can use the Earth set.

Universe 4 has spies throughout the universes to gauge their lineups, so Quitela now knows about Freeza, and he'll be talking with Sidra about him. Seems to be who orders "Assassins" to Earth next episode, presumably so Freeza can kill them off for his warmup for the tournament.

And this was seemingly deconfirmed indirectly today. Vegeta says Universe 7 can do just fine without Freeza, and Whis doesn't really bring up the 10-person headcount when he explains why not bringing Freeza would be a bad idea. Guess whoever you can bring is fine, as long as it's not over ten in total.

Last edited:

Red and Blue

Just remembred Shenron can't revive a person twice and Frieza doesn't know that. He should have bargained with the Super ones.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Can wishes worded a certain way override Shenron's restrictions?

i.e., would Freeza specifically wishing "for eternal life" override Shenron's one-revival restriction since the wish was not specifically to "bring Freeza back to life."?

Red and Blue

Can wishes worded a certain way override Shenron's restrictions?

i.e., would Freeza specifically wishing "for eternal life" override Shenron's one-revival restriction since the wish was not specifically to "bring Freeza back to life."?

I don't think there are loopholes with Shenron. I remember back when they brought back the people that Cell killed Goku stayed dead despite the wish not being specifically worded for him.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
I do wonder which God of Destruction Whis was talking about. Seemingly it's one of those that are participating.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
YEAH! i know it's straight up ripping off movie 8 but i don't care, cale is AWESOME! Unfortunately, considering that there's no killing in the tournament and just like broly, cale can't be reasoned with after transforming, she's not gonna be as useful to U6's team as they think.

As for frieza, it was obvious he was gonna put his revival in the conditions to join. I'm surprised that he didn't care about the super dragon balls and their superior wish granting power but maybe that's because he thinks those are just another set.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I'll laugh if Frieza ends up playing a big part of why U7 wins the tournament; maybe he'll be the one that actually saves them all lol. I'd like it if he is somewhat redeemed but that probably won't happen.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
Surprised that Frieza didn't care about the Super Dragon Balls but this could be a lie so he can catch everyone off guard later and then steal the wish. I wonder who is this guy who is supposed to be stronger than a God of Destruction. Maybe, Jiren? Also, I just noticed that Kale's hair are green instead of yellow in her SSJ form. Now judging from the preview it looks to me that Quitela is probably going to trick Sidra to sabotaze the U7's team so he can assure his own safety if something goes wrong with his plan.