• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

All Dragon Ball Discussion Thread (Discuss Z/GT/Kai etc. Here!)

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
Splendid. So then you agree that there's probably some manner of plan or resolution to be had here, eventually, and this is all leading up to that.

IIRC, Toriyama said in an interview before Super airs that he made Super's whole plot a long time ago. Since you are right here I will rephrase my previous post.

"Let's see what other kind of bs Toriyama has invented in this one hour and a half before the tournament."

Kataphrut

On an unrelated topic to Super, I've been catching up on the latest Kai: Final Chapters episodes and boy, howdy I forgot how much Gotenks sucks. Like, he's the worst character ever. I can't get over how much the story hypes him up only for him to disappoint every single time he shows up. It's nobody's fault either. Goku and Piccolo are doing their best to help him. Goten and Trunks seemed to be taking things seriously as individuals, but the moment they fuse he forgets all about how the world's been destroyed and 3/4 of his parents are dead and just wants to screw around. I'm actually glad he gets shafted in the end. He didn't deserve to be the hero that defeats Buu.

Also from the dub, during the bit where Buu changes his face to look like Barry Kahn, there's one line where he apparently imitates Kahn and the voice switches back to what I believe is Josh Martin's normal speaking voice ("Why are you being such a Buu-tease?" ha-hardy-ha-ha). Now I kind of want him to play the character in Super so there can be some continuity.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Yes and Yamcha is a great, underrated character that doesn't deserve the hate he gets.

Brutal. I mean, there's a lot wrong with GT, but there are definitely good parts in there, like Super Saiyan 4 or Golden Oozaru, or the ideas for villains. Baby, aside from having a dumb name, was a powerful villain with an interesting gimmick that made him believably strong and threatening in that universe and had actual motivation for his actions (as opposed to say Bibbidy or Bobbidy). The Shadow Dragons were amazing in concept too, the Dragon Balls have been cosmic cheat codes (words by Old Kai) that shouldn't be overused that much as the heroes did, especially in the Buu arc where they just let the entire population of the planet die because they could be wished back anyway. Actually having the Dragon Balls, the objects that started the entire story as mythical objects only to slowly turn into simple cheat codes, be the very thing to punish them so brutally for their abuse, it's very very fitting.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Frieza joining another team is a smart move for him, actually. He knows Goku and friends would never honor his conditions of bringing him back from death. If he's on a team other than Universe 7, and wins, it means that Universe 7 will be destroyed with him outside of it. Since Universe 7's afterlife doesn't exist anymore he can't be recalled and will exist in a state of undeath, functionally immortal unless something kills him. And if something does kill him, being already dead he'll cease to exist and not have to endure an eternity of Hell

RedJirachi

Veteran member

Red and Blue

Kind of disappointed neither 17 or 18 mentioned 16. Though I loved seeing Krillin as an awkward brother in law.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Piccolo's and 17's confrontation was interesting. I forgot towards the end of their fight, they seemed to have formed some sort of respect for the other.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
How many subscribers do you think Gowasu has on Godtube?

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
What kind of assassins call out for their target instead of using sneaky tactics to take him out? Seriously, what an idiotic assassination plan...

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
i'm interested to see how will frieza (excuse me, freeza) is gonna hold back on the killing. Remember, ring out is the only elimination method. Maybe U7's erasing if they are disqualified is enough of a reason. Frieza is not that dumb. But these assassins? what a joke.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
i'm interested to see how will frieza (excuse me, freeza) is gonna hold back on the killing. Remember, ring out is the only elimination method. Maybe U7's erasing if they are disqualified is enough of a reason. Frieza is not that dumb. But these assassins? what a joke.

I imagine Frieza has only fought without the intent to kill with his own father. He does know how to inflict non-fatal wounds, but it's part of his plan to torture and sadism complex

Red and Blue

Based on the preview if Sidra tries to kill Frieza himself after the assassins failed, that could mean the end of him and U9. The two Zenos and the grand priest were shown observing the other universes and Sidra's actions could expose him.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Frieza beat the **** out of Vegeta in his final form without killing him despite not even using like what, 2 percent of his power or something? Frieza is pretty good at holding back. Hell, he beat the **** out of Goku too

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Frieza beat the **** out of Vegeta in his final form without killing him despite not even using like what, 2 percent of his power or something? Frieza is pretty good at holding back. Hell, he beat the **** out of Goku too

That was to torture him for his disobedience. Holding back in a tournament is a different manner