• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

All Dragon Ball Discussion Thread (Discuss Z/GT/Kai etc. Here!)

shadowF

Red and Blue

Sigh, I was hoping that Goten and Trunks would get older designs for the new series. Why do they still look 7 and 8?

Kataphrut

Sigh, I was hoping that Goten and Trunks would get older designs for the new series. Why do they still look 7 and 8?

It's probably set in or around the Battle of the Gods/Resurrection F movie where they were still kids. As someone mentioned above, there's only a five year gap between the end of Buu & the DBZ epilogue, so there's not much room for growth. They seem to have this unwritten rule in place that there's always a kid character that looks like DB-era Goku, possibly as some misjudged attempt at fanservice. For most of Z, it was Gohan, then Goten got added after he grew up, and then GT jumped the shark with a de-aged Goku. That's the best Doylist excuse I can come up with for why Goten hasn't grown up.

Speaking of Battle of Gods, the teaser seems to be implying that Beerus and Whis are going to be regular characters now. I am definitely on-board with that.

shadowF

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."

Kataphrut

Gohan never looked liked Kid Goku though

No, but the principle is the same. Remember, the big plan with Gohan was to have him replace Goku as the hero, but that got dropped after the Cell saga.

New poster from the website from dragon ball super:http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/dragon_s/assets/img/pc/01_top/KV.png

Someone made a walllpaper version:https://photos-6.dropbox.com/t/2/AA...4udbktu3-8D813SfNw1xAtwQoLyBATU1I?size_mode=5

So it seems this is before the Frieza movie,not sure if this is good or not since i want to see super saiyan blue.

Yeah, it does seem to have more of a Battle of Gods style-aesthetic. Most of the characters are wearing those style of outfits, and Krillin has his hair back.

Fat Beerus be like "GET IN MAH BELLY."

An00bis

Wicked Witch
Krillin holds the honor of being the strongest pure human on Earth ... in a world with half-ape alien god-babies.

With any luck he won't die this time!

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Krillin holds the honor of being the strongest pure human on Earth ... in a world with half-ape alien god-babies.

With any luck he won't die this time!

Doesn't that title belong to Tien?

Doesn't that title belong to Tien?
I think that's one of the longstanding debates over the time of DBZ. Tien being able to hold back semi-perfect Cell surely gives him an edge in terms of power. I've always thought Tien was stronger personally, despite Krillin fighting in more battles over the life of the series.

uber gon

Accept Change
Nice to see Goten interacting with Goku. Would have been nice to see Super Saiyan 3.

Kataphrut

So are they going for a serialised version of Battle of Gods for the first arc? That's what it looks like.

Nice to see Son Goku, Father of the Year back in full force. "Hey Goten, take the wheel, I'm going to do some shadow boxing. Think later I might ditch this place and go train with King Kai. And where's my lunch?!"

Red and Blue

Nice to see Goten interacting with Goku. Would have been nice to see Super Saiyan 3.

You must not have seen Battle of Gods. Goku or Vegeta will no longer be using the advanced stages of Super Saiyan beyond Super saiyan 1

Toriyama said krillin was stronger

so he is

Never saw anything about that until now, so i rescind my statement. Congrats i guess?

Brutha

Genuinely not sure whether to be excited about Super and the new film or not. I remember as a kid really enjoying up to Cell, and later went back and watched Dragonball as well but the Buu saga and all of GT I did not enjoy. They got a bit trigger happy with power levels and super saiyan forms.