• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

All Dragon Ball Discussion Thread (Discuss Z/GT/Kai etc. Here!)

AztecWarrior

Water Type Master
Hey whats up everyone, long-time DB fan here i'm actually waiting on an episode to come one tv in an hour lol DBZ Kai is on Adult swim now

Does anyone have a site where I can watch it in english? I already know the Buu saga isn't out yet though

Shadow XD001

Does anyone have a site where I can watch it in english? I already know the Buu saga isn't out yet though

Kissanime. They also have the DBZ movies, original DBZ, DB, and GT. They have the Japanese version of the Kai Buu saga, but will probably add the English Dub when that is available.

Haunter ゴースト

I have a serious question, i've never watched Dragonball Z fully before and i'm intending to do so however the large amount of episodes to watch does put me off. Obviously Dragonball Z Kai is much shorter, would it be worth watching this one instead or is the original Dragonball Z too good and infinetly better than Kai?

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I personally found DBZ hard to watch at times not because it's 291 episodes, but because the pacing of the episodes sometimes go at a snail's pace (then again, I'm not one for martial arts/action shows anyway, so this is probably the bias talking), but that usually refers to an arc as a whole. There's a reason the Namek arc is a bit notorious with fans because of how it seemed to go on forever--the filler didn't help. I personally found it got painfully worse when it entered its seventh season, probably because by then they were catching up to the manga, so they had to really take their time. But that's just me; also didn't help that there's a bit of a gap between when I finished season six to starting season seven because I was collecting the DVDs.

Dragon Ball Kai is basically the exact same as DBZ, it just follows the manga more by getting rid of the filler (even though some of the filler's pretty funny, like the one where Goku and Piccolo learn to drive), the artwork's cleaned up a bit, and the voice actors redid their lines (so I heard, don't cite me for that). But it's immensely shorter because it cuts off 193 episodes (there's apparently 98 episodes of Kai, and that's not counting the current one tackling Buu's arc), so it's probably easier to go after that one instead. DBZ's more-or-less for nostalgic reasons these days.

It also goes to show that only the hardcore fans really care about Dragon Ball which is why Toei hasn't decided to abridged that series, but that's 153 episodes and seems to follow the manga a bit better, so there probably wasn't any need to "fix" it. Also, 80s animation is charming.

Master Leo

The Dark Side
Oh sweet! Didn't think I'd see another DBZ thread here. I've been a DB/Z fan for as long as can remember. Never gets boring rewatching the series.

As for me, I'm really hoping Revival of F is gonna be a good film. I wasn't as impressed with Battle of Gods overall so I'm anxious to see how the new movie fairs

I have a serious question, i've never watched Dragonball Z fully before and i'm intending to do so however the large amount of episodes to watch does put me off. Obviously Dragonball Z Kai is much shorter, would it be worth watching this one instead or is the original Dragonball Z too good and infinetly better than Kai?

Kutie Pie pretty much summed it up in her reply.

IMO, DBZ is much better than Kai. I guess I am pretty biased in this regard to since I love the OST and original voice actors that DBZ has. As stated before, there is a lot of filler that DBZ has that Kai cut out though some of it gives a bit more umph to the overall storyline like Gohan's training with Piccolo during the Saiyan Saga, among other things. Not to mention, Bruce Faulconer is a music genius when it comes to the series.

Kai, like said before, is basically DBZ but shortened. There are points in the anime where the art is remastered and its true about some lines and voice actors being changed. If you do decide to watch Kai, watch the Uncut Version. The clean version of Kai is stripped almost to the bone.

BCVM22

You will lose nothing save a whole lot of dragging from episode to episode (and, if you're watching the dub, some mediocre-to-okay synthesizer music) for watching Kai versus the original. Kai is lean and mean and if you're just now jumping in for the first time with the objective of absorbing the full saga, Kai is absolutely the way to go.

iPokemon

Moonlight
I love the Dragon Ball franchise. I remember watching it as a kid; it was basically one of my childhood shows! Once I have the time, I'm definitely going to re-watch the whole thing starting from Dragon Ball with kid Goku, Bulma, and Oolong. Those were the days!

Haunter ゴースト

I personally found DBZ hard to watch at times not because it's 291 episodes, but because the pacing of the episodes sometimes go at a snail's pace (then again, I'm not one for martial arts/action shows anyway, so this is probably the bias talking), but that usually refers to an arc as a whole. There's a reason the Namek arc is a bit notorious with fans because of how it seemed to go on forever--the filler didn't help. I personally found it got painfully worse when it entered its seventh season, probably because by then they were catching up to the manga, so they had to really take their time. But that's just me; also didn't help that there's a bit of a gap between when I finished season six to starting season seven because I was collecting the DVDs.

Dragon Ball Kai is basically the exact same as DBZ, it just follows the manga more by getting rid of the filler (even though some of the filler's pretty funny, like the one where Goku and Piccolo learn to drive), the artwork's cleaned up a bit, and the voice actors redid their lines (so I heard, don't cite me for that). But it's immensely shorter because it cuts off 193 episodes (there's apparently 98 episodes of Kai, and that's not counting the current one tackling Buu's arc), so it's probably easier to go after that one instead. DBZ's more-or-less for nostalgic reasons these days.

It also goes to show that only the hardcore fans really care about Dragon Ball which is why Toei hasn't decided to abridged that series, but that's 153 episodes and seems to follow the manga a bit better, so there probably wasn't any need to "fix" it. Also, 80s animation is charming.

Kutie Pie pretty much summed it up in her reply.

IMO, DBZ is much better than Kai. I guess I am pretty biased in this regard to since I love the OST and original voice actors that DBZ has. As stated before, there is a lot of filler that DBZ has that Kai cut out though some of it gives a bit more umph to the overall storyline like Gohan's training with Piccolo during the Saiyan Saga, among other things. Not to mention, Bruce Faulconer is a music genius when it comes to the series.

Kai, like said before, is basically DBZ but shortened. There are points in the anime where the art is remastered and its true about some lines and voice actors being changed. If you do decide to watch Kai, watch the Uncut Version. The clean version of Kai is stripped almost to the bone.

You will lose nothing save a whole lot of dragging from episode to episode (and, if you're watching the dub, some mediocre-to-okay synthesizer music) for watching Kai versus the original. Kai is lean and mean and if you're just now jumping in for the first time with the objective of absorbing the full saga, Kai is absolutely the way to go.

Cheers everyone.

I'm still unsure, but i imagine i'll go with Kai. I used to watch the show when i was younger but random episodes at a time so i've never fully understood the plot and only really know the basics such as vegeta, frieza, cell - timeskip - buu etc.

Does anyone find that Kai has the same kind of intensity/emotional impact or does the change in ost/voice actor/lack of development (from training episodes being removed) take away that feeling.

BCVM22

Does anyone find that Kai has the same kind of intensity/emotional impact or does the change in ost/voice actor/lack of development (from training episodes being removed) take away that feeling.

Again, if you've never really invested time and/or emotion in the original and thus don't have the entirety of the original as a benchmark, you don't have any feelings to have taken away in the first place.

As for the voice actors, Bulma and Kid Gohan are the only principal cast members to have different actors than the original dub, and I don't know how many people you'll find who will tell you anything Bulma says in the original dub has "emotional impact" or "intensity" for them.

Last edited:

DemonCode

Banned
I miss watching DBZ as a kid. :/
I wish they would bring it back,because most shows nowadays are just...*shudders*. (Stevens universe,Uncle grandpa,etc etc.)

shadowF

So there has been a summary of how freiza has been revived for the new movie, Spoilers ahead:
[spoil]The manga starts off with a small flashback of Goku turning into a Super Saiyan in front of Freeza which then transitions to Freeza being defeated by Future Trunks. He quickly wakes up from those flashback dreams and appears to be wrapped in a cocoon.

As this happens, Sorbet, who seems to be in charge of Freeza’s forces is upset that his men have been defeated on Namek. Sorbet sends one of his best men, named “Tagoma” to Earth so Freeza can be revived.

It turns out Shenlon is summoned by Pilaf! As this happens Sorbet jumps in and says “I want you to revive Freeza!!”. Shenron then announces that it is possible to revive Freeza but his body has been scattered so his souls cannot return.

Sorbet says that he wants the body to return and so Shenlon grants his wish. This is where Freeza's body disappears from his cocoon in hell and appears in pieces around Sorbet. Meanwhile Piccolo and Teen Gohan can feel his Ki.

Sorbet and Tagoma gather the pieces of Freeza and Sorbet announces that he plans to revive the Freeza army. He then begins to revive Freeza in a revival chamber. As this happens, Freeza begins to remember his battle against Goku on Namek.

Freeza is now revived and arrives in his original form as he begins to kill off some of his underlings and said that “my powers have weakened after being revived. Now it’s time for some revenge”.

Tagoma explains to Freeza that he should just ignore Goku and the others. Hearing this angers Freeza as he blasts Tagoma and sending him out into space. Freeza learns that Goku has become stronger since his death and said to himself that he will also get stronger.

Freeza also learned that Goku defeated Majin Buu and later data was not collected on Goku and the others. He then becomes upset to know that he told Baba that Majin Buu and Beerus should not get in his way.

Freeza then said that he still has power yet to be shown and that it would only take just 4 months to train to defeat Goku in the blink of an eye.

He says he will do this in four months.
http://i1.wp.com/otakomu.jp/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/IMG_2109.jpg?resize=600,800
http://i2.wp.com/otakomu.jp/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/IMG_2113.jpg?resize=600,800
http://i2.wp.com/otakomu.jp/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/IMG_2111.jpg?resize=600,800

[/spoil]
Got the information from another forum and basically copied and pasted from there so credit goes to them. This is from the first chapter of a manga adaptation of the movie. So what do you guys think?

Last edited:

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Yeah, figured Frieza would come back through a wish on the Dragon Balls, because a clone of him would've seem a bit too far-fetched (though not implausible in this universe). Kind of a bit disappointed his return doesn't come off as grand or whatnot, but I guess we'll see how they play it out in the movie. And it sounds like he comes back pretty early on, so at least he'll be in the movie throughout, or at least his presence is felt.

More Pilaf is always a plus.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
More scans.

Freeza's personal hell is a rather strange one.

TbzRmBB.jpg

Wow, Toriyama XD, that was what Frieza was condemned to? That... that honestly is very strange. It doesn't look like it fits at all with the Dragon Ball universe |D. But then again, I guess he was sent there on purpose strictly because he's the most evil guy in the universe, and thus his punishment would be nothing but cute, happy things.

I'm at a loss for words, really. I'm so looking forward to seeing that in the movie (it better be in the movie).

Teebu

Yeah, figured Frieza would come back through a wish on the Dragon Balls, because a clone of him would've seem a bit too far-fetched (though not implausible in this universe). Kind of a bit disappointed his return doesn't come off as grand or whatnot, but I guess we'll see how they play it out in the movie. And it sounds like he comes back pretty early on, so at least he'll be in the movie throughout, or at least his presence is felt.

More Pilaf is always a plus.
Only if it means we get more Mai and Shu, i've loved those characters ever since i saw them in Dragonball originally. They used them great in DB:BOTG.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Full detailed analysis by Kanzenshuu:

The scene opens on a flashback to Namek, as Goku delivers his “I am the Super Saiyan” speech. Mecha Freeza winces in indignation and disgust. The scene changes to Trunks, who declares that Freeza has made a miscalculation… because there is another Super Saiyan standing in front of him. Freeza mutters “Super Saiyan” to himself, as he recalls being first rent in twain on Namek, then being sliced, diced, and incinerated on Earth.

Mecha Freeza awakens with a start, a look of fear quickly replaced by an expression of annoyance as he finds himself in Hell, in a pod suspended from a tree. All around him, cute critters make an incessant, infernal racket.

The scene shifts to outer space, where on one of Freeza’s ships, Sorbet receives a report that the rebellion by the native inhabitants of Planet 448 is too fierce to contain. He orders reinforcements, but is told that other forces are already occupied with fights on other planets, so only a few can be sent. Cursing through gritted teeth, he orders a retreat.

Sorbet stomps away and plops down into the commanders chair. He activates his scouter, asking if any other planets with Namekian survivors have been found. However, none have, in spite of their many spy cameras. In that case, says Sorbet, they’ll just have to go to Earth, after all. He orders Tagoma, who is standing nearby, to ready a ship for two: the two of them will be going together. Tagoma is surprised that Sorbet himself will be going. “Of course I am,” Sorbet retorts, “because Lord Freeza will be coming back to life!”

On Earth, Gohan and Videl are showing off a baby Pan to Piccolo, when suddenly the sky goes dark; Piccolo immediately surmises that Shenlong has been summoned. Elsewhere, Tenshinhan and Chiaotzu pause their farmwork, and Kuririn stops in the middle of writing up a punk on a motorcycle to wonder if Pilaf & co. are up to something.

Shenlong has indeed been summoned, and before him stand Sorbet, Tagoma, and the Pilaf trio (who are still children). Shenlong tells them to state their desire, for he will grant any wish. Pilaf invites Sorbet to do so, while Mai (under her breath) questions the wisdom of letting them have a wish with the Dragon Balls they worked so hard to collect. Pilaf shoots back that they have no choice, and to keep quiet.

Sorbet shouts for the Dragon to resurrect Lord Freeza, but Shenlong remains silent. Sorbet asks what’s wrong: he can grant any wish, right? The Dragon says that it is indeed possible, but that person’s mortal body was cut into pieces quite a long time ago, and cannot be brought back to life. It would be meaningless for his soul to return to it as-is.

Sorbet is briefly troubled by this news, but Tagoma suggests the recovery chambers currently used by their forces might be able to revive him. His concerns allayed, Sorbet shouts, “Hey! I don’t care if he’s in pieces, just revive him already!” The Dragon is displeased with his high-and-mighty demeanor, but since he has no choice, he does as he is bidden. Shenlong’s eyes glow….

Freeza suddenly vanishes from his pod in Hell… and reappears in chunks, which land before Sorbet. Where am I…? wonders Freeza, as Piccolo and Gohan sense a familiar Ki. Freeza briefly tries to pull himself together, before falling to pieces once more. These are… the senses of a living body… If nothing else, this isn’t Hell. The Pilaf trio recoil at the pieces of Freeza, then go into full-on freakout-mode when one of his eyes looks at them. Sorbet picks up a piece, and sneers. “Just as expected of Lord Freeza… with this life-force and the technology we have now, we can absolutely regenerate him!”

Their ship takes off, leaving Pilaf, Shuu and Mai in the dust. With the pieces of Freeza twitching in some sort of containment vessel in back, Tagoma airs his concerns about bringing back Freeza: he was a dictator, after all. Sorbet scoffs, and says they had no choice: as soon as Lord Freeza and the others were defeated, both the inner and outer ranks of his forces fell into a shambles. They have no choice but to let Freeza reorganize them. Tagoma wonders if he really possesses that sort of ability, prompting a shocked Sorbet to tell him to watch what he says. “That is the evil overlord Freeza! If his regeneration goes well, it will be all right! And besides, there’s no need to go pick an unnecessary fight against that Saiyan. After all, our goal is simply the rebuilding of his forces….” With that, the ship disappears into space.

Back on Earth, Gohan senses the Ki suddenly vanish, and wonders what that was all about. Piccolo has a bad feeling about this….

Off in space, in the confines of his recovery chamber, Freeza is dreaming… reliving a nightmare. I am… the mightiest in the universe…. That’s why… that’s why you have to… die by my hands…!!! Sorbet, Tagoma, and other soldiers are watching over Freeza’s restless slumber. Mine…

In dreams, Freeza relives his last moments on Namek, and his last desperate blast against a Super Saiyan Goku. With a shout of “You fool!!!” Freeza is obliterated once more…

Suddenly, Freeza awakens with a look of rage. The ship trembles, and all scouters break except for Tagoma’s and Sorbet’s. The glass of Freeza’s recovery chamber cracks, then shatters, spraying fluid on those present. Out steps Freeza in his first form, looking thoroughly unamused. He cracks his neck and sighs, surveying the room. Hesitantly, Sorbet addresses him: “W- welcome back, Lord Freeza!” Freeza eyes him. “Hm? And you are…?” Sorbet introduces himself as a former staff officer in the Third Sector. Freeza at last seems to recognize him, saying he does recall having seen him, just a bit. However, he seems amused that Sorbet is leading his forces in his place. But at any rate, he appears to have come back to life…! Sorbet explains that they have done so with a combination of the Dragon Balls and the latest-type recovery chamber; Freeza recognizes these as the mysterious orbs the Namekians had.

Tagoma interjects to say that he also had a hand in reviving Freeza, and Sorbet hastily explains that Tagoma is an excellent warrior, on-par with even the late Zarbon and Dodoria. Freeza congratulates him offhandedly, then points a finger… and kills one of his soldiers with a single energy blast. “My skills really have lapsed a bit,” he grouses, as the others look on in shock. “My revenge might take a bit of time.” Sorbet is taken aback. “R- revenge?”

“Of course,” says Freeza. “After all, I will not be satisfied until I have obliterated those two Super Saiyans who did this to me.” Tagoma protests: “This is merely a suggestion, but wouldn’t it be more prudent to simply ignore them? More importantly, like before…” At this, Freeza fires a second energy blast straight at Tagoma’s chest, sending him flying through the viewport and causing the compartment to rapidly depressurize. A second soldier is sucked into space while another hangs on to the hull for dear life, as Sorbet hastily orders the shields raised.

As the other soldiers recover their bearings and help one of their own back inside, Freeza lectures them about how his forces have become quite weak while he was away. How can they, Freeza’s mighty forces in the universe, do their work while trembling in fear of a paltry few Saiyans? Sorbet tries to warn him off, saying that the Saiyan named Son Goku became even more powerful than that. This, however, amuses Freeza, who claims it was entirely expected: “I merely have to become stronger than he is.” Sorbet goes on to say that he defeated even Majin Buu… though after that, they have no data. “Majin Buu…” muses Freeza, “Papa told me never to lay a hand on only two people: God of Destruction Beerus, and Majin Buu. That Majin Buu, eh?…” Sorbet nervously agrees. Freeza is not happy: “…That is beyond what I had imagined.”

“However,” smirks the overlord, “isn’t it interesting?” Sorbet asks what he means. “Since I was a born genius, I have never done such a thing as a training, nor have I ever had any need.” At this, he ascends into the air. “I wonder what will happen… if I train, and draw out all my latent potential…”

“You mean… you’ll be able to get stronger?” asks Sorbet hesitantly. “Well, of course,” replies Freeza, “according to my predictions, I will…. If I train in earnest for four months… I should be able to snuff out even that Saiyan in the blink of an eye…” Sorbet and the others are astounded: “What… that much stronger…?” Freeza just grins an evil grin.

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/manga/spin-offs/movie/freeza-01/

EDIT: There is now a "Bulma's Blog" that will update/count down to the day the movie airs, in 59 days.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/int...-dragon-ball-z-movie-with-her-new-blog/.85237

Last edited:

shadowF

Anyone think we will see gotten and trunks in this film? I mean this new picture showed up(http://i.imgur.com/r8oxftH.png) but no sign of gotten and trunks yet, which get me a bit worried....