• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

All Dragon Ball Discussion Thread (Discuss Z/GT/Kai etc. Here!)

Red and Blue

How the hell did Master Roshi get strong enough to take on Frieza's minions? Anyway really pumped for this. I like how all of the Z fighters are pulling their weight.

Poke Trainer J

Why do I get the feeling that we're going to see Super Saiyan God Gogeta in this film when I'm much better off seeing Vegeta fighting solo against Frieza as Super Saiyan God with Goku out of commission for the time being. Sure it would be like that time when Vegeta fought solo against Majin Buu and lost his life in the process but considering how hard he's been trying to catch up to Goku over the course of the series I think he deserves just as much of a chance at defeating Frieza as his son did let alone Gohan defeating Cell who in this film got turned into fodder. Would it kill Toriyama to make DBZ less predictable by letting a different Z Warrior aside from Goku, Gohan, and Trunks to defeat a major villain for once? Sure we already know how the series ends cause the events of this film takes place right before Goku's fight against Uub.

Last edited:

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Why do I get the feeling that we're going to see Super Saiyan God Gogeta in this film when I'm much better off seeing Vegeta fighting solo against Frieza as Super Saiyan God with Goku out of commission for the time being. Sure it would be like that time when Vegeta fought solo against Majin Buu and lost his life in the process but considering how hard he's been trying to catch up to Goku over the course of the series I think he deserves just as much of a chance at defeating Frieza as his son did let alone Gohan defeating Cell who in this film got turned into fodder. Would it kill Toriyama to make DBZ less predictable by letting a different Z Warrior aside from Goku, Gohan, and Trunks to defeat a major villain for once? Sure we already know how the series ends cause the events of this film takes place right before Goku's fight against Uub.

Well, the scene at 1:05 closely resembles a significant moment in DBZ, just with the roles reversed

http://media.animevice.com/uploads/0/4946/414736-31_super.png

So maybe that scenario will come to pass.

Last edited:

shadowF

anyone think gohan will have time to shine this time? it seems like he gets knocked out pretty fast which makes piccolo want to revenge him. Also I feel vegeta will be the one who will defeat freiza this time since the way he comes at the end of the trailer.

Poke Trainer J

Well, the scene at 1:05 closely resembles a significant moment in DBZ, just with the roles reversed

http://media.animevice.com/uploads/0/4946/414736-31_super.png

So maybe that scenario will come to pass.

It's not like Frieza will succeed at shooting a finger laser through Goku's heart like what happened with Vegeta on Old Namek since Goku's still alive at the end of the series with Uub becoming his successor unless this hints toward Goku being revived with the Namekian Dragon Balls on New Namek along with the Earth seeing as how Frieza or Beerus manages to blow it up like what Kid Buu did during Buu Saga. Turns out Frieza's true final form is WWE's Goldust.

Last edited:

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Inb4 cries of "It's just like the Super Saiyan God design all over again!" I feel like I've seen Frieza's new color scheme before... but that's just me.

It would be nice for Vegeta to give the final blow somehow or another. Sure, Goku shouldn't be out of the picture when it comes to Frieza, but it's a bit more meaningful to have Vegeta be the one to off Frieza as a way to avenge his race--unless he kinda already did that, but all he did was admit/curse with his dying breath that Goku would be the one to beat him. So if the roles are reversed this time around, then Vegeta better get the best fight of the movie. Bonus points if this makes it to theaters over here, because what I'd give to see such a fight happen on the big screen surrounded by the best movie-goer audience ever.

Red and Blue

Inb4 cries of "It's just like the Super Saiyan God design all over again!" I feel like I've seen Frieza's new color scheme before... but that's just me.

It would be nice for Vegeta to give the final blow somehow or another. Sure, Goku shouldn't be out of the picture when it comes to Frieza, but it's a bit more meaningful to have Vegeta be the one to off Frieza as a way to avenge his race--unless he kinda already did that, but all he did was admit/curse with his dying breath that Goku would be the one to beat him. So if the roles are reversed this time around, then Vegeta better get the best fight of the movie. Bonus points if this makes it to theaters over here, because what I'd give to see such a fight happen on the big screen surrounded by the best movie-goer audience ever.

His color scheme probably looks familiar because it resembles Cooler. Speaking of Cooler, I wonder if he will get a mention in the film?

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
His color scheme probably looks familiar because it resembles Cooler.

I would say "Ah, okay", but while his design overall resembles Cooler, the color scheme doesn't. I don't recall Cooler ever turning gold and purple.

Speaking of Cooler, I wonder if he will get a mention in the film?

Hmm, perhaps. The movies prior to Battle of Gods I don't think were ever really "considered canon", and GT is out of the equation entirely, so if he ends up getting a mention, or even a nod in the film, it'd be like a small confirmation of "Yes, Cooler's Revenge is canon to the timeline".

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
It's not like Frieza will succeed at shooting a finger laser through Goku's heart like what happened with Vegeta on Old Namek since Goku's still alive at the end of the series with Uub becoming his successor unless this hints toward Goku being revived with the Namekian Dragon Balls on New Namek along with the Earth seeing as how Frieza or Beerus manages to blow it up like what Kid Buu did during Buu Saga. Turns out Frieza's true final form is WWE's Goldust.

Goku may not be dead, but Freeza's grinding his foot over Goku's torso, just like he did to Vegeta with that stone. And Goku's chest wound in that trailer is in the exact same spot as Vegeta's fatal wound was.

It may not result in Goku's death, but the scene's too similar to how it played out in the anime to not be a coincidence.

Poke Trainer J

Vegeta wasn't able to pay Frieza back for what he did to the Saiyans beforehand on Old Namek because he wasn't strong enough at the time however given the amount of training he put himself through by the end of the series he should already be strong enough to reach Super Saiyan God which doesn't put as much strain on the user's body like Super Saiyan 3 does unless you're Gotenks.

Goku may not be dead, but Freeza's grinding his foot over Goku's torso, just like he did to Vegeta with that stone. And Goku's chest wound in that trailer is in the exact same spot as Vegeta's fatal wound was.

It may not result in Goku's death, but the scene's too similar to how it played out in the anime to not be a coincidence.

I agree.

Last edited:

JD

This movie interest me more than Battle of Gods I hope Vegeta ends up beating Frieza.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I just hope anyone NOT named Goku defeats Frieza, Vegeta would be perfect!

Torpoleon

I'm really excited for the new movie!

Frieza's new form looks like he ate a Gold Mushroom from New Super Mario Bros. 2.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
It makes no sense for Vegeta, a SSJ2, to beat any opponent that gives Goku trouble. Vegeta hurting Beres when Gohan couldn't in the last movie was already too ridiculous.

But doesn't rage bring out a Saiyan's strength? Vegeta got super pissed when Beerus smacked Bulma (even though Bulma more-or-less got it coming to her), so of course he wailed on him. Beerus himself said Vegeta during that brief moment had surpassed Goku's Super Saiyan 3's level. So I don't see how it's ridiculous for an enraged Vegeta to land hits when Gohan couldn't at his strongest (that he reached in the film).

Red and Blue

Goku and Vegeta may be around the same level since they're both training under Whis and Beerus. So Vegeta defeating Frieza doesn't sound two far fetched.

Poke Trainer J

Gohan sucks and Vegeta doesn't so I don;t see the problem.

Even though Gohan had the potential to be the strongest Z Warrior in the series his mother Chi-Chi was the reason for why he held back so much of his training in favor of studying. If she wasn't as hard on him like she was with Goten then perhaps Gohan would've surpassed his father Goku but the thing is that Gohan only trains when he's required to as compared to Goku and Vegeta who train constantly even in peaceful times.

chalkus

But doesn't rage bring out a Saiyan's strength? Vegeta got super pissed when Beerus smacked Bulma (even though Bulma more-or-less got it coming to her), so of course he wailed on him. Beerus himself said Vegeta during that brief moment had surpassed Goku's Super Saiyan 3's level. So I don't see how it's ridiculous for an enraged Vegeta to land hits when Gohan couldn't at his strongest (that he reached in the film).

It's ridiculous because it breaks the rules that this anime has already established. Each SSJ form has a limit as to how strong it can be, hence the reason for going beyond SSJ after losing to the androids. If a SSJ2 can become stronger than a SSJ3, what is the point of the third form's existence? There might as well be the one SSJ form.

And as I said before, the last movie had inconsistencies, like Gohan turning SSJ when he couldn't after his powers were unleashed by the old kai and SSJ2 Vegeta being stronger than Gohan even though Gohan should be much, much stronger than he is.