• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

All Dragon Ball Discussion Thread (Discuss Z/GT/Kai etc. Here!)

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Old Kai's power-up only let Gohan tap into his power all at once without the need for a transformation and the effects it has on his stamina. It's reasonable to believe that Gohan got rusty in the six years since Majin Buu and that he can't access his Ultimate Gohan state as easily as he used to, leading to him just accessing Super Saiyan, which, for a couple of Freeza grunts, is all he really needs.

As for Vegeta being stronger than Gohan, Vegeta's kept up his training. Gohan hasn't. Vegeta surpassed SSJ2 Gohan in strength during the time between Cell and Buu, and never slacked off, so he could very well pass Ultimate Gohan with his constant training and Gohan's refusal to train.

Kataphrut

Thinking about it, we know that Bulma getting hurt in the last movie was what caused Vegeta to briefly surpass Goku (the big softie).

So, if Vegeta is the one to take home the gold in the new movie, I reckon it'll be something happening to Trunks that does it. Because what's going to happen when Frieza recognizes him?

I seriously hope that's what happens. I know Dragonball Z is the codifier for ridiculous power levels, but it would be nice if the baddie wasn't beaten by the strongest good guy for once. Vegeta's always been the underdog, let him have his moment.

chalkus

Thinking about it, we know that Bulma getting hurt in the last movie was what caused Vegeta to briefly surpass Goku (the big softie).

So, if Vegeta is the one to take home the gold in the new movie, I reckon it'll be something happening to Trunks that does it. Because what's going to happen when Frieza recognizes him?
So why didn't he become stronger when Trunks died in front of him in the Cell saga? Why didn't he become stronger when Buu killed his wife and his son in the Buu saga?

I seriously hope that's what happens. I know Dragonball Z is the codifier for ridiculous power levels, but it would be nice if the baddie wasn't beaten by the strongest good guy for once. Vegeta's always been the underdog, let him have his moment.
It would also be nice if someone other than Ash gets the spotlight, but that's not going to happen. The problem is that this anime constantly makes its characters redundant when it comes to the battles. All of the humans, Android 18 and Piccolo are all useless in a major fight. Sure, they could just make Vegeta beat Frieza, but doing so would make a huge inconsistency with the series.

Old Kai's power-up only let Gohan tap into his power all at once without the need for a transformation and the effects it has on his stamina. It's reasonable to believe that Gohan got rusty in the six years since Majin Buu and that he can't access his Ultimate Gohan state as easily as he used to, leading to him just accessing Super Saiyan, which, for a couple of Freeza grunts, is all he really needs.
Old Kai's power up not only allowed him to tap into all it power, it surpassed it by far. Gohan was soundly beaten by Fat Buu in SSJ2 but made minced meat out of Super Buu after his power up. Also, the Kai power up was not a form or transformation, it allowed him to use extreme levels of power without wasting strength with a transformation, so I can't see that ever being rusty. If anything, SSJ2 would have been rusty since it is much more difficult to use. Frieza's grunts had an average power level below 3000 so SSJ was not needed at all.

As for Vegeta being stronger than Gohan, Vegeta's kept up his training. Gohan hasn't. Vegeta surpassed SSJ2 Gohan in strength during the time between Cell and Buu, and never slacked off, so he could very well pass Ultimate Gohan with his constant training and Gohan's refusal to train.

Vegeta has already maxed out SSJ2 form so all the training in the world won't make him stronger. Ultimate Gohan, by the end of DBZ, was the strongest non fused/absorbed character in the entire anime. Meaning he was stronger than SSJ3 Goku, and there is no logical way for a SSJ2 to be stronger than a SSJ3. That is why Vegeta briefly becoming stronger than Goku and being stronger than Vegeta makes no sense.

Ghost94

I don't know what new movie everyone's talking about(there's a new DBZ movie coming out?)
To those who say Vegeta is always the underdog watch when he fights Guldo, Jeice, Cpt. Ginyu, Zarbon, Dodoria, Frezia(not transformed), Android 19, Imperfect Cell, and Goku(when Majin). I get what you all mean though, but he does pretty well against these guys.^^

Kataphrut

So why didn't he become stronger when Trunks died in front of him in the Cell saga? Why didn't he become stronger when Buu killed his wife and his son in the Buu saga?

He did get angry and unload on Cell when Trunks died, it just wasn't enough. Although the same thing happening to Android 16 was what caused Gohan to power up enough to defeat him, so there's precedent for this.

As for Buu, he wasn't there when Bulma and Trunks died, but hearing about it was what prompted him to swallow his pride and fuse with Goku. I imagine if he'd seen them die first hand, he probably would have been furious enough to power up. Maybe he wouldn't have become as strong as Buu, but that's beside the point. I'm just saying that given what happened in Battle of the Gods, Frieza trying to get revenge on Trunks and triggering Vegeta's daddy instinct would be a cool thing to happen. It could be a callback to Krillin's death triggering the first Super Saiyan transformation.

It would also be nice if someone other than Ash gets the spotlight, but that's not going to happen. The problem is that this anime constantly makes its characters redundant when it comes to the battles. All of the humans, Android 18 and Piccolo are all useless in a major fight. Sure, they could just make Vegeta beat Frieza, but doing so would make a huge inconsistency with the series.

Yeah, that is a problem. Which is why I'm saying wouldn't it be nice if they fixed it? Say what you will about BotG, but it was practically revolutionary in not having Goku defeat Beerus even after getting the new powerup, so who's to say Revival of F can't let Vegeta be the one to beat Frieza?

Poke Trainer J

So I've been hearing rumors of unconfirmed spoilers based on the last 35 minutes of Dragon Ball Z: Revival of "F" which was supposedly leaked by someone with the reddit username "princetrunks1887" whose account was recently deleted because of it. This is just speculation as of now where nothing is confirmed until the film's official release in Japan next month. Here's what princetrunks1887 said in regards to what he/she believes transpired in the last 35 minutes of the film:

Goku gets beamed through the chest off camera for a split second by Frieza in his Golden form similar to how Frieza killed Vegeta on Old Namek where he ends up kicking Goku through a canyon of rocks where Goku is lying on the floor with his eyes half way open while trembling as his power decreases until Vegeta walks up to him and Goku goes, "Win this one for me Vegeta, please, please..." and Vegeta replies, "Don't worry Kakarot, I have something in mind."

Vegeta then looks toward Frieza and they have a stand off with each other when 8 seconds later Vegeta transforms into a form as strong as Super Saiyan God where he goes into a head to head battle against Frieza in his Golden form that goes on for about a half an hour which leads up to the film's climax where Vegeta rams Frieza's fist down his throat and proclaims, "I'm the KING of all Saiyans!"

Frieza then explodes and gets vaporized into nothing where his soul no longer exists and the end credits later show that Frieza is nowhere to be found in Hell (a.k.a. HFIL/Home for Infinite Losers) like he was at the beginning of the film where he was wrapped inside a cocoon being tortured while having flashbacks of his defeat at the hands of Goku and Trunks.

What baffled me in regards to what's been shown in the 3rd official teaser trailer for the film is why Goku is fighting Frieza at Base instead of Super Saiyan 3 or Super Saiyan God. He wasn't able to fight on par against Beerus at Super Saiyan 3 yet he felt unsatisfied fighting him at Super Saiyan God only because he didn't achieve that power on his own and to make matters worse the transformation to sustain that level of power was much shorter than the Fusion Dance. Goku didn't want to go through the process of transforming into a Super Saiyan God again after what happened last time where he knows Super Saiyan 3 wouldn't be strong enough against Frieza's Golden form.

Last edited:

shadowF

Poke Trainer J

Too bad FUNimation's unable to get Linda Young to reprise her role as Frieza again from the Original FUNimation Dub and seeing as they're obviously going with Chris Ayres from the Kai Dub this could be a trainwreck compared to the Japanese Sub of the film If you're able to tolerate Masako Nozawa as Goku. Turns out that the English translation for the film's title was actually pronounced, Resurrection "F" instead of Revival of "F".

Last edited:

Red and Blue

Chris Ayres did a far better job as Frieza than Linda imo. So I look forward to seeing him voice Frieza again

Shadow XD001

I'm really surprised it will be already dubbed by the summer. I figured we wouldn't get it until 2016 the earliest. Chris Ayres does a much better Frieza than Linda Young, so I'm glad he will dubbing him.

shadowF

So new part of the manga Dragon Ball Z: Revival of "F" is here! http://dragonblogz.com/resurrection-f-manga-chapter-two-spoilers/

pretty sad that gotten and trunks look like they really aren't going to be in the movie though :(

Also guys apparently someone saw the movie with the reviewers and is saying what happened.

So basically Goku fights Frieza gets cocky or something and loses which then Vegeta gives him a senzu bean and fights Golden Frieza except this time Vegeta becomes super saiyan god 2 or ascended super saiyan god which gives him blue hair and he beats golden Frieza, However Frieza blows up earth and kills everyone including Vegeta except goku who is saved by Whis, Whis then makes the earth go back in time and Goku becomes becomes super saiyan god 2 or ascended super saiyan god which gives him blue hair and he beats Golden Frieza with a Kamehameha wave.

So what do you guys think of the movie?

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
So Vegeta goes *beep* and still loses, but when Goku goes *beep*, he wins... This has how EVERY DBZ fight ended lol GG, Bird Mountain. Keep giving Vegetable the L.

Red and Blue

Goten and Trunks aren't in the film? Shame since I would have loved to have seen Frieza's reaction towards a
Younger version of his killer.

Based on the spoilers, I guess the new movie still used the old formula in the end

shadowF

so here is the full synopsis for the film, be warned as it contains heavy spoilers and says what happens from the beginning to the end of the film in detail:http://www.kanzenshuu.com/movie/revival-of-f/
Basically my thoughts on this is poor Vegeta, when will he finally get the spotlight? :(

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Doesn't Toriyama hate Vegeta? At least he also achieved Super Saiyan Super Saiyan God.

Doesn't the manga say there's ~5 years of Goku's family not seeing the Briefs? Why are they together then if this is after BotG?

Poke Trainer J

Vegeta's new transformation didn't matter after what Whis did to help Goku kill Frieza. Revival of "F" takes place right before the 5 year gap that leads to the final episode of DBZ.

Last edited:

Kataphrut

Re-watching the trailer, I just noticed that Krillin's gone back to being bald. He wasn't bald in Battle of the Gods was he, or am I forgetting something?

Born Better

God of Lightning
Just like I figured. Frieza comes back only to get smacked around and even worse, Vegeta still doesn't get his due.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Which character can be milked next? Broly finally canon? Maybe Cooler or Janemba? Dragon Ball Z Liposuction of C, C standing for Cell? Goku and Vegeta can't be in the same movie anymore unless it's a prequel, non-canon, or after Uub.