• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

All Dragon Ball Discussion Thread (Discuss Z/GT/Kai etc. Here!)

RedJirachi

Veteran member
So, Frieza's coming back? I say good show. Frieza is the main villain. His evil motivated the Saiyan Saga, though dead in the Cell Saga plays a part with the new villain and generally creates a shadow amongst the series.
One thing that's annoyed me is that after Frieza was beaten, he's become less of a threat. Android Saga? Trunks slices him and his dad in minutes. Filler? Gets pwned before having the chance to make a cool "Overthrowing Hell arc." And let's not get started on GT. Now, he gets to stop being a joke for a time
I think that this will involve Vegeta being the one to save the day. Think about it: Beerus was watching over him in Battle of Gods. Vegeta has never given the chance to defeat the major villain. He has never been given the chance for finally getting revenge towards Frieza. Immortality? Denied. Handing him his first defeat? Killed, and his arch-rival gets it. Frieza's coming back? Depending on the timeline, either his son takes the glory or Goku once more screws him out of revenge. Vegeta needs this-the best he's gotten is "crushing Cooler's chip for his d*ck"

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
So, Frieza's coming back? I say good show. Frieza is the main villain. His evil motivated the Saiyan Saga, though dead in the Cell Saga plays a part with the new villain and generally creates a shadow amongst the series.
One thing that's annoyed me is that after Frieza was beaten, he's become less of a threat. Android Saga? Trunks slices him and his dad in minutes. Filler? Gets pwned before having the chance to make a cool "Overthrowing Hell arc." And let's not get started on GT. Now, he gets to stop being a joke for a time
I think that this will involve Vegeta being the one to save the day. Think about it: Beerus was watching over him in Battle of Gods. Vegeta has never given the chance to defeat the major villain. He has never been given the chance for finally getting revenge towards Frieza. Immortality? Denied. Handing him his first defeat? Killed, and his arch-rival gets it. Frieza's coming back? Depending on the timeline, either his son takes the glory or Goku once more screws him out of revenge. Vegeta needs this-the best he's gotten is "crushing Cooler's chip for his d*ck"
Reread your last paragraph again. Then rewatch DBZ or read the manga or even just look up Youtube clips of Vegeta's fights. THEN read the two things I bolded. If Gohan wasn't even given the chance to beat Cell by himself, and Ultimate Gohan was wasted on Super Buu, what makes you think Vegeta would have any chance of glory in a movie?

DiaRubyTandem

The Fastest Comeback
I miss DB! DBZ is the best!

shadowF

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
So new pictures about the movie that line up with the summary of the film that I posted earlier. It is goku with the new super saiyan form. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/thumbnails/max550x550/cms/news/86933/dbz-1.jpg

it is called Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan (SSJGSS)

so what do you guys think of the new form?

"OH MY GAWD IT'S JUST SUPER SAIYAJIN WITH BLUE HAIR TORIYAMA/TOEI SO LAZY" <-- possible fan out-cry similar to Super Saiyan God complaints

I dunno, it's alright I guess. The name's stupid, though, I agree. Wonder what weird method Goku needs to do to reach that form is. I'll still go see the film regardless of how cliché/dumb everything may be because it's Dragon Ball Z. It's nothing but fun and entertainment.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Oh man. I was hoping it would be called Super Saiyan Super Saiyan God (SSSSG) instead of Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan (SSGSS)! This is probably the true form of SSG because he doesn't need to obtain powers from five other SSs like the red haired SSG form. I wonder what hair color SSGSS2 will have. Maybe Broly will finally be canon, and SSGSS2 has been shown since then because of his blue/green hair.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I watched Coolers Revenge last night. It's one of my favorite DBZ movies. I absolutely love the fight scene between Piccolo and Coolers henchman. Whenever kid Gohan is getting beat up Piccolo saves him. The bond they share is so incredible. Also, I'm a big fan of rock music so I absolutely love the U.S soundtrack that's in the movie.

DiaRubyTandem

The Fastest Comeback
Oh man. I was hoping it would be called Super Saiyan Super Saiyan God (SSSSG) instead of Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan (SSGSS)! This is probably the true form of SSG because he doesn't need to obtain powers from five other SSs like the red haired SSG form. I wonder what hair color SSGSS2 will have. Maybe Broly will finally be canon, and SSGSS2 has been shown since then because of his blue/green hair.
That's too long

The movie is doing astoundingly good in Japan. It opened at top 1 with an earning of 8,1 million of yens, and It easily beat Furious 7, Shin Chan and Doraemon's movie.

http://attackofthefanboy.com/culture/dragon-ball-z-resurrection-f-has-biggest-opening-of-2015-in-japan/

A very long clip of the movie was leaked on a brazilian facebook. It seems Vegeta betrayed Goku again because of the unfair advantage the Saiyajin is having against Freezer. It doesn't help Goku is acting totally arrogant against Freezer before the Vegeta's interferenc

-Raiga-

Granted I haven't read all the spoilers or seen all the material related to the movie, but I really have to ask what went wrong in Toryiama's mind between the time of the first movie and this one?

The first one was great because it finally introduced new, canon characters into a series that has been milked dry by video games/spin offs for years on end. It also create a simple to follow set-up for the movies that followed, introduce a new god+minions and have the z fighters face them. How hard is that?

But then this movie comes along and throws all that out the window, seemingly not for some quick bucks, but because Toryiama genuinely thinks that more Frieza is what people want to see. Honestly it looks like what fans were making when the Dragonball AF joke was running around.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Frieza is a threat. Beerus even mentioned him in BoTG.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Wait a second, I just got a (dumb) epiphany. Is this movie even more undeniable proof that GT is officially non-canon and was done as a way to "apologize"/"make up" for GT by portraying Frieza more canonically? I mean, Frieza just causes a ruckus in HFIL Hell in GT that caused past villains to escape, yes? He didn't do much otherwise? Wouldn't this be a much better send-off for Frieza?

BCVM22

Is this movie even more undeniable proof that GT is officially non-canon and was done as a way to "apologize"/"make up" for GT by portraying Frieza more canonically?

No. No one is "apologizing" or "mak[ing] up for anything". This is the attitude of "they owe us" entitlement that makes certain fans/fanbases insufferable at times.

The gap before the end of Z comes after this film, and if one prefers to believe it ended there, they can do so. The film does nothing that outright contradicts Frieza's appearance in Hell in GT; he's killed here and thus his soul would, logically, go back to Hell again, would it not?

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
How does that make Friezahim a threat? It's not like he was scared of him or anything. He only commented on him destroying the Saiyans.
You just answered your own question. Dude got (had) the potential.

RoF is just before the 5 years where Goku's and Bulma's family don't meet each other, yeah? Can they really have another big villain where both Goku and Vegeta aren't there? I can see the next movie finally continuing on where the manga left off, Goku training with Uub. I'd be down with the DB manga coming back again after 20+ years.

Born Better

God of Lightning
Except we all know how that worked out. Goku kills beats Freiza within an inch of his life and 20 or so years later, Beers comes along and shoulder taps SS3 Goku to near death and even after becoming SSG, Goku still loses. All of this after a 60 year sleep that was long before Freiza actually destroyed the Saiyans. Bills has absolutely no reason to consider Frieza anything close to a threat. If anything, he was more interested in the Saiyans.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Frieza is a threat. Beerus even mentioned him in BoTG.

How does that make Friezahim a threat? It's not like he was scared of him or anything. He only commented on him destroying the Saiyans.

Except we all know how that worked out. Goku kills beats Freiza within an inch of his life and 20 or so years later, Beers comes along and shoulder taps SS3 Goku to near death and even after becoming SSG, Goku still loses. All of this after a 60 year sleep that was long before Freiza actually destroyed the Saiyans. Bills has absolutely no reason to consider Frieza anything close to a threat. If anything, he was more interested in the Saiyans.

Besides, Frieza worked for Beerus. Why would Beerus hire someone he considered a threat to himself, if that's the question at hand? I wouldn't put it past Frieza to make the attempt to turn on him if he felt he had the upper-hand, but I doubt he believed that/was stupid enough to try. Now Frieza was a threat to other alien races, yes, but he was also frightened of the Super Saiyan, which is probably why he didn't hesitate to carry out Beerus' orders to destroy Planet Vegeta.

Last edited: