• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

All Dragon Ball Discussion Thread (Discuss Z/GT/Kai etc. Here!)

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
I didn't say Beerus considered Frieza a threat to himself. I was replying to Raiga's comment, specifically the "but because Toryiama genuinely thinks that more Frieza is what people want to see" part. The Z fighters are the main characters, so since Beerus mentioned Frieza, there's a justified reason for him becoming the focused villain again. Sure enough, he gets revived, trains for a few months, and is able to evolve to a new form and actually manage to blow up Earth... Even if it gets Superman 1'd like a minute later.

Born Better

God of Lightning
I didn't say Beerus considered Frieza a threat to himself. I was replying to Raiga's comment, specifically the "but because Toryiama genuinely thinks that more Frieza is what people want to see" part. The Z fighters are the main characters, so since Beerus mentioned Frieza, there's a justified reason for him becoming the focused villain again. Sure enough, he gets revived, trains for a few months, and is able to evolve to a new form and actually manage to blow up Earth... Even if it gets Superman 1'd like a minute later.
Yet he still gets made to look like a chump and only blew the planet up because he was throwing a tantrum, which makes me think this movie is nothing more than a big *censored* you to Vegeta. Again, even with his new form, Frieza is still made to look like a chump and Vegeta gets his moment in the spotlight stolen by Goku. The only character to really do anything is Whis...and now that I think about it, that may actually be what the entire movie is for; showcasing Whis.

Last edited:

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter

Red and Blue

I assume this is happening due to the success of the two new films?

In any case, I'm interested in what a new DB series will be like. I hope it fully retcons GT out of exitance

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
What the hell the rumors of a new anime series is true? Dammit, I gotta go eat my hat now. No word as to how many episodes it'll have, think it'll go over 100?

I don't know how I should feel about this, to be frank. On one hand, it's cool, if a bit surprising Toriyama still has some ideas left for Dragon Ball, and I'll go ahead and watch it (I'm thinking I'm going to wait on the dub for this one, though, gives me some excuse to try and play "catch up" with the series at the moment). On the other, it's just Toei milking the franchise dry going down the route of Sailor Moon and Digimon and their "budget" is going to show again, and Toriyama is apparently cool with it because it probably gives him the most money at this point anyway.

Well, guess we'll see how it goes. I'll have to bring this up with my brother, see if he'll be interested in watching it with me.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Battle of Gods and Resurrection F's critical and financial successes show that the Dragonball name is widely renowned, especially when Toriyama is working on it. I doubt Toei would have gone with this project unless Toriyama gave his support for it, let alone his input.

Toriyama certainly deserved a break from Dragonball, but he seems a lot more invigorated to give it another go now, especially with the momentum he got from the last two movies. For all we know Dragon Ball Super can take Goku and friends through the eleven different multiverses hinted at by Beerus, and Toriyama had the groundwork for that plot in mind for a series back then.

Part of me is like YAY! But at the same time, i'm futily hoping they'd bring back Bruce Faulconer to do the award winning music from the Funi dub, but that's probably not going to happen.

new anime confirmed Dragon Ball Super bye Gt you are no longer the dbz sequel anime
GT wasn't terrible, but it wasn't good. They could've done without Baby, or at least renamed him. Super 17 Saga was short but was relatively entertaining despite being partially based on the fusion reborn plotline. And Omega Shenron was a good final villain as well. Method of attaining SS4 was a bit weird, and they could just retcon the transformation to be attained through normal means, because i mean, Gogeta was amazing, as were SS4 goku and vegeta.

What the hell the rumors of a new anime series is true? Dammit, I gotta go eat my hat now. No word as to how many episodes it'll have, think it'll go over 100?

I don't know how I should feel about this, to be frank. On one hand, it's cool, if a bit surprising Toriyama still has some ideas left for Dragon Ball, and I'll go ahead and watch it (I'm thinking I'm going to wait on the dub for this one, though, gives me some excuse to try and play "catch up" with the series at the moment). On the other, it's just Toei milking the franchise dry going down the route of Sailor Moon and Digimon and their "budget" is going to show again, and Toriyama is apparently cool with it because it probably gives him the most money at this point anyway.

Well, guess we'll see how it goes. I'll have to bring this up with my brother, see if he'll be interested in watching it with me.
It's not like DBZ has been milked before (see episodes past perfect Cell saga). And in all honesty, compared to the late 80's-90's (from what i've read) the new movies plus announcement of a new series is tame in comparison to when DBZ was at its peak and there were 2 movies being released per year.

Aside from that, i'm glad to see a thread dedicated to DBZ come up since my long absence. Love DBZ, watch it all the time, thinking of putting in the blu-ray right now to watch them from the beginning.
P.S. If you haven't gotten it, try out Dragon Ball Xenoverse. It's probably the best DBZ video game since the Budokai / Budokai Tenkaichi games and can be somewhat challenging for a while.

Shadow XD001

Glad to see Toriyama is involved with this. Probably won't be another GT in that case. Ever since Battle of Gods and Beerus mentioned the other Gods of Destruction, I thought of the possibility of a new series but I did not think it would happen anytime soon. Given the films recent success, I should not be surprised. Hopefully Toei does not mess things up.

shadowF

Awesome news! Hope the entire gang is back, I would love some gotten and goku relationship focus episodes since we never saw them bond a lot before.

Red and Blue

Now that there is a new series, I hope the humans finally get their chance to shine. They got the shaft in Z

Ilikepiex7

with the multiverse possibility you might still see super sayian 4 gt goku as some parallel universe Goku that appears in a couple of episodes of Super.

Now that there is a new series, I hope the humans finally get their chance to shine. They got the shaft in Z

I want a saga in the new DBZ follow-up that is like the cell saga. Basically, i want a saga where everyone brought something to the table and contributed (With the exception of Chiaotzu and Yajirobe). Can't really say the non-saiyans really got the shaft in that one.

Seachran

Same here. Seeing Tien in Resurrection F is awesome, so hopefully it's a sign of more to come. Yamcha and Chaozu being left out was very disappointing though, especially since the much weaker Roshi was there.

uber gon

Accept Change
Kind of want Gohan's status as this awesome fighter even the oldest of Kais decided to train to come back. Like, introduce Super Mystic Gohan.

Ilikepiex7

Kind of want Gohan's status as this awesome fighter even the oldest of Kais decided to train to come back. Like, introduce Super Mystic Gohan.

mystic Gohan the joke character for alternate reality DBZ? It's fun how Gohan's form after the old kai power up has so many names I like the Ultimate Gohan name the best lol.

uber gon

Accept Change
mystic Gohan the joke character for alternate reality DBZ? It's fun how Gohan's form after the old kai power up has so many names I like the Ultimate Gohan name the best lol.

I'm just saying that Gohan was supposed to be the one to take the reigns when Goku was gone. At least make it so that Goku wasn't the only one to defeat some ultimate evil or something. Like, let's see older Gotenks in action.