• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

All Dragon Ball Discussion Thread (Discuss Z/GT/Kai etc. Here!)

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
So that wasn't a general blue reference but in fact a reference to the guy buu turns his face into. Cool reference nonetheless. This is probably the 1st filler episode of any dragon ball i cared about. the driver's license one was hilarious but in this two parter i was really into it. I think it's the lack of goku in the episode that makes it so refreshing. Gohan's back to the old days was wonderful. Videl was great and krillin even got a few moments on screen. And the idol isn't even the b1tch blackmailer that i thought she was gonna be. 10/10, endearing characters and a great slice of life in DB style episode. you're absolutely right videl, gohan is cooler.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
Nice episode. Makes me think that they could flesh out some other characters too, especially goten, who besides being one half of gotenks has no character development whatsoever.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Super's filler is so much more entertaining than Z's filler.

Probably because it isn't filler in the traditional anime sense

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Such a great episode this past Saturday, and really helps establish motive and drive for Gohan and Videl in this series. Videl will be there for Gohan no matter what, for his and Pan's sake, and Gohan now know he can cut loose if he needs to, knowing that he has Videl's, Pan's, and yes, the people's support.

That's an unsung plot point in this two-parter: Now we have ordinary people with at least some connection to Gohan that are aware of what he is capable of. He did reveal himself in the World Tournament, but the only ones who knew his actual identity anyway were the people from Orange Star High, and the memories of those events were wished away by Shenron due to it being connected to Buu. Now though, we have at least 5 people who can pick Gohan out of a crowd that know of his abilities - the director, the two assistant directors, Barry, and Cocoa. But, excluding Barry because blackmail, they are all willing to let this side of Gohan remain secret out of respect for him and his wishes, and will provide support for him if he ever needs it.

Gohan's kinda becoming a counterpoint to his father-in-law - where Mr. Satan admits to his shortcomings only within close friends, and keeps up the bravado and savior facade in public in front of people who expect him to solve all of their problems, Gohan accepts his shortcomings as a people-person and wears it on his sleeve, but still works hard for his family, and his true power is known only to a few confidants who in turn respect his space and desires, even if they run counter to utilizing said power.

It could be a sign of an unmentioned character arc for Gohan. An arc that if followed through, could set up for that Dragonball Online plot point about Gohan writing the Book on Ki Control later in life, bestowing the gifts he's learned to the people at large. A lot more people would read his book if it got the celebrity support and endorsement of veteran retired idol sensation Cocoa, and the support of the director of the mega-blockbuster Great Saiyaman movie, after all.

Kataphrut

Meanwhile, the first two dubbed episodes of Super have been pretty promising. It's an ace cast and I'm actually looking forward to the idea of redoing Battle of Gods and Resurrection F if it means getting more out of Jason Douglas and Chris Ayres. I love the Japanese cast, but there's something about the Funimation dub of DBZ that just does it for me.

It'll be interesting to hear some of the English casting choices for the new characters. Xenoverse 2 has given us some previews and they...weren't exactly stellar. I'll stay optimistic since it's clear that game wasn't the optimal way to introduce these characters. All it tells me is that the English Zamasu is the type of person who does Batman impressions in the mirror when he thinks no one's looking, which is about right.

Red and Blue

Anyone catch the preview for the Universal survival arc?
We are finally getting a female Super Saiyan :)

rocky505

Anyone catch the preview for the Universal survival arc?
We are finally getting a female Super Saiyan :)

That's not just a Super Saiyan. It appears to be a Legendary Super Saiyan.

Born Better

God of Lightning
-FINALLY! We have a female Super Saiyan! And it's MOMO! So Legendary Super Saiyan is now canon. Wonder what else could be made canon. Hopefully Gogeta.
-Clown God is badass. And there's already art for his angel. Now we just need 34
-Robot god is unexpected
-Elephant god is interesting
-Fox is a God of Destruction...So many jokes...
-There's also a werewolf
-Love the Cleopatra god
-Saw some people say Vegeta was fighting a teletubby. I couldn't catch it.

Kataphrut

I know we're all hyping out over the preview, but can i just say this latest episode was great? We had Gohan and Goku sparring, some character development for Krillin, Marron having some involvement and the return of Z's greatest villains hits list in the Dagobah cave, with special emphasis being placed on Tambourine. It makes perfect sense he would be the one to scare Krillin most since that was his first death, and with Frieza and Buu he was more aware of where he stood and that there were stronger fighters around who could potentially deal with them. Clearly the emphasis is on Krillin here, since half the enemies we saw never gave Goku any trouble, and the ones that did have been long surpassed. Wouldn't it be cool if it turned out Goku was actually seeing the likes of Beerus, Hit, Zamasu and Black?

Krillin's been such a non-entity in Super (apart from that brief character moment with 18 after Goku punches him), it's great to see him being afforded a bit of growth, even if it is just an excuse to set him up for the next arc. And speaking of the next arc, hooooly balls, look what we got here! Say what you will about Toei, they know what it takes to get people excited. Of course everyone's going crazy over the elephant in the room, but I'm also really interested to check out some of these other gods (including a literal elephant!). I feel like the clown set characters are going to be important, but even the less prominent ones like the Cleopatra God of Destruction or the Kuriboh-looking one is interesting.

That said, I feel bad for Team Four Star. They released their Broly movie, finally putting the nail in the coffin of that idiot character and the memes associated with him (well, at least until they have to dig him up for the second and third movie) and this happens! It's going to be "wenfemBroly" from now until they finally abridge Super in 2040. Those guys deserve better.

Born Better

God of Lightning
So I wonder if they're gonna explain what Elephant dude was doing while Blamasu was going crazy.

As for WenBroly 2, 3, and 63, we just need to find Dioboromon.

I watched Kai and Super dub for the first time last night. Yeah I'm just gonna stick with the old dub for DBZ. As for Super, I don't like the music. At all. Also, I miss the name Hercule.

Last edited:

Kataphrut

So I wonder if they're gonna explain what Elephant dude was doing while Blamasu was going crazy.

As for WenBroly 2, 3, and 63, we just need to find Dioboromon.

I watched Kai and Super dub for the first time last night. Yeah I'm just gonna stick with the old dub for DBZ. As for Super, I don't like the music. At all. Also, I miss the name Hercule.
Gowasu died in the future, which should have meant the elephant god was dead in the future timeline as well. In the present day, they're both alive since Beerus killed Zamasu before he could murder Gowasu, but that didn't save the future one thanks to Black's time ring.

Also, are you kidding? The old dub has dated terribly while they've made the new ones closer to the source material (I don't mind Hercule, but Mr Satan is his actual name). The actors have gotten better and I would argue so has the music. Ok, Super's music isn't as good as the old Japanese DBZ music, but it's a leg and a half up on the original English DBZ, with it's weird theremin sound.

Born Better

God of Lightning
What does whatshisface dying have to do with anything?

And no, I'm not kidding. I'd much rather have the Faulconer music. The Japanese music is meh at best.

I just realized Xenoverse 3's roster is gonna be stacked. We're almost definitely getting at least most of the Gods and Angels, then while there's literally zero chance we get all the tournament fighters or anywhere close, there'll at least be a good chunk of them. I'll guess between 25-30. Then there're still the missing Z, GT, and movie characters as well as originals like Demigra that can and need to be added.

BCVM22

What does whatshisface dying have to do with anything?

The lives of the Supreme Kai and the God of Destruction of each universe are linked, in the way that Piccolo's and Kami's were - if one dies, the other dies. The Kais protect life and the Gods of Destruction destroy it - having them linked is a way of maintaining the cosmic balance.

And no, I'm not kidding. I'd much rather have the Faulconer music. The Japanese music is meh at best.

Yikes.

BCVM22

Much in the way that I and most others are sorry for you.

There's a lot of sorrow going around.

You might as well feel sorry for me too, because I also heavily prefer the Faulconer soundtrack. It may have been loud and in your face at times, but I felt a better emotional connection from his music. Individual themes felt a lot more personal to the character or scene, whereas the Kai soundtrack always came across as dull to me with bright and goofy sounding motives popping up at the worst times (i.e. when Gohan goes SS2 for the first time, the Kai soundtrack just murders the mood there).

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
No issues with VA's or anything. Gotten used to both by now.

But grew up with Faulconer's tracks. And it added extra hype to everything.

The soundtrack of Goku going SSJ3 for the first time is stitched to the back of my head.